Official 2019 MLB Season Thread

Did Yu Darvish clinch the NL Cy Young, tonight with his 8th win, while pitching 7 scoreless innings, with 5 Ks and 1 walk ? Leaves him with 2.00 ERA and 93 Ks in 76 innings (I think) and 1.00 Whip, 8-3 for the NL Central Champs

Did Yu Darvish clinch the NL Cy Young, tonight with his 8th win, while pitching 7 scoreless innings, with 5 Ks and 1 walk ? Leaves him with 2.00 ERA and 93 Ks in 76 innings (I think) and 1.00 Whip, 8-3 for the NL Central Champs

Bauer clinched it pitching on short rest in our most important game of the season IMO.

Bauer clinched it pitching on short rest in our most important game of the season IMO.
I was asking. Although I am a Cubs fan, I haven't watched any other team and the Cubs less than 10 times this season. So, I really didn't know, going to look up Bauer, now

I've actually seen Bauer pitch this year, twice, I think. He beat the Cubs, once and we won one against him. The ERA is great, tho. Plus, I've always kinda liked him with the Indians and his attitude. But, that may be a homer pick, like mine, although wins are not the most important category in Cy Young voting, I still like Darvish, in a close race. Plus, the kid out of San Diego may take some votes

I've actually seen Bauer pitch this year, twice, I think. He beat the Cubs, once and we won one against him. The ERA is great, tho. Plus, I've always kinda liked him with the Indians and his attitude. But, that may be a homer pick, like mine, although wins are not the most important category in Cy Young voting, I still like Darvish, in a close race. Plus, the kid out of Atlanta may take some votes
You spelled MAN wrong.

Reactions: The Dog
I've actually seen Bauer pitch this year, twice, I think. He beat the Cubs, once and we won one against him. The ERA is great, tho. Plus, I've always kinda liked him with the Indians and his attitude. But, that may be a homer pick, like mine, although wins are not the most important category in Cy Young voting, I still like Darvish, in a close race. Plus, the kid out of San Diego may take some votes

Yeah I'm a Reds fan so I'm biased but I think he earned it: 1st in ERA, 1st in SOs, 1st in WHIP with .79, 1st in average at .159. Only thing Darvish has on him is more wins but Bauer has 2 complete game shutouts but those both were 7 inning games.

Bauer is definitely winning the Cy

Darvish Lamet and Fried will get runner up consideration but there’s no real debate for 1st

Yeah I'm a Reds fan so I'm biased but I think he earned it: 1st in ERA, 1st in SOs, 1st in WHIP with .79, 1st in average at .159.
One of the best articles I've read by Sports Illustrated in the last 5 years, was about Bauer. He was still with the Indians, but he is a character and his new training methods work for him. He is not some kind of super athlete, but a hell of a pitcher and u gotta appreciate that attitude. Well, I do.

One of the best articles I've read by Sports Illustrated in the last 5 years, was about Bauer. He was still with the Indians, but he is a character and his new training methods work for him. He is not some kind of super athlete, but a hell of a pitcher and u gotta appreciate that attitude. Well, I do.

Yeah. I wasn't sure what we were getting in him last year but he has become a fan favorite. I don't think he'll stay but damn I hope we make a run at keeping him. In our biggest game of the season he threw 8 innings with 12 Ks while giving up 4 hits and 1 run on short rest after going 7 innings his last start. We don't win that game against the Brewers we don't make the playoffs.

Yeah. I wasn't sure what we were getting in him last year but he has become a fan favorite. I don't think he'll stay but damn I hope we make a run at keeping him. In our biggest game of the season he threw 8 innings with 12 Ks while giving up 4 hits and 1 run on short rest after going 7 innings his last start. We don't win that game against the Brewers we don't make the playoffs.
The Reds will always have a soft spot in my heart. They were my first favorite team, because we were the Reds on my first baseball team at Alice Bell Spring Hill, rec league and we went to a doubleheader in like '79 or '80 against the Giants at Riverfront. Bench went deep in game 2 and the Reds split. Plus, I loved Eric Davis. So, everybody but the Cubs, I'm rooting for the Reds.

VN Store

Back