Official 116th U.S. Open Championship Thread

I have no words for the USGA right now. None appropriate for here anyway.

The players should file suit against the USGA to make them change this BS. They should have a finite amount of time to review any instant replay and make a decision. Who's to say that the mental pressure didn't cause DJ's last bogie?

I have no words for the USGA right now. None appropriate for here anyway.

It's the dumbest thing I've ever seen. Whatever the call is, somebody should man up and make the call. They've had two hours to figure it out and DJ isn't going to change his version of what happened.

I like the analogy that the announcer used, which was something like if a MLB player hit a home run in the fourth inning, you can't tell him in the fifth that it may be disallowed but they won't tell him til the end of the game.. That rule is garbage, anyway.

Reactions: 2 people
Wow... What a shot by DJ! Glad to see that the USGA didn't screw him on this one. And glad to see DJ finally win a big one.

What dumba** let that radio go off before Dustin was about to hit his approach. I love it DJ just looked back and said really?

As far as I'm concerned... Dustin Johnson needs to win every golf tournament for the rest of his life so I can watch Paulina help celebrate.

Reactions: 2 people
Paulina probably now wishing she could get a do-over on her outfit selection for the day.

Westwood shook his hand going down the 18th too. Class act by him. The USGA is a joke and that's being generous.

Awesome to see DJ win, especially after his personal battles. He has become my favorite golfer.

Reactions: 1 person
It's the dumbest thing I've ever seen. Whatever the call is, somebody should man up and make the call. They've had two hours to figure it out and DJ isn't going to change his version of what happened.

To add to it the way the ask the question - you(golfer) tell us what made the ball move if you didn't - is asinine.

If the official at the point of the incident isn't authorized to make a formal call then don't even bother to have them out there.

I like the analogy that the announcer used, which was something like if a MLB player hit a home run in the fourth inning, you can't tell him in the fifth that it may be disallowed but they won't tell him til the end of the game.. That rule is garbage, anyway.

And you won't tell the other team so they have no idea how many runs they may be behind or ahead.

oh and

article-0-1A694A5700000578-628_634x892.jpg

VN Store

Back