Offensive coaches with ties to Josh Heupel that would be ideal at Tennessee

Keeping the current staff in place should be of utmost importance. /Thread

Of course, but I like articles like this just to get an idea of who’s out there with ties to Heupel when and if an opening comes up. Openings are inevitable with success.

Walt Bell is a name I liked back when Pruitt was looking to replace Helton. He’d be a good hire if Golesh is hired away.

Reactions: barknoxbrawler
Good article. Just wish folks would actually read the article and not the headline.
Read the headline = sky is falling and we are losing multiple position coaches
Read the article = there are some very, very good and talented coaches that have deep ties to Heupel IF the need should arise

If opportunities come open, offensive coaches with ties to Josh Heupel that would be ideal at Tennessee.

Offensive coaches with ties to Josh Heupel that would be ideal at Tennessee

Thank you for posting the article. It's an interesting window into the world of coaching resumes and relationships.

Now, tell the truth: when you wrote your lead-in to the article, were you intentionally trolling for troll accusations from non-readers and shoot-from-the-hip-sters... or were you just in a hurry?

Name another industry where hiring/staffing is as fluid (and critical) as college football.

Heupel keeps his network close. So does Danny White.

Good article by the way. Thanks for posting.

Reactions: VOLINVONORE
If you had, you’d have understood the subject. But since you didn’t, you didn’t understand the subject.
Greg...
You do realize this is VolNation?
Any post is automatically replied to with a smart answer by those who do not read the post or just assume because they are so much smarter that they know the what the OP is trying to convey. You have been here a long time and are a reasonable member. Just remember differences in opinion are not allowed and ignore is your friend. VN remains the best place to get information on our Vols, you just have to wade through a lot of crap to get it.

My first instinct is to hope we go after some better recruiters ..... and then Im like............No thats how we ended up with Larry Scott at OC.

I'd be surprised and disappointed if CJH didn't have a long list of potential replacements for all his assistants. He impresses me as a Boy Scout.

I want to enjoy, yea, revel in what we have right now.
What we don't have this Saturday doesn't matter anyhow.
After the season is fully over, fully over and done;
I will worry only then about what's next to come.
So I won't look for any problems where there are none.
Here comes a chance to get back to playing in a bowl.
A Vol joy that never, ever, ever grows old.
It's nothing personal not in the slightest at all, I swear, Titan Fan.
Having gone through so much hiring hell, I detest experiencing it yet again.
I want to enjoy, yea, revel in what we have right now.
What we don't have this Saturday doesn't matter anyhow.
--WoodsmanVol--

Reactions: Gandalf and JRich
Slightly off topic, but doesn't USA Today have rss? Seems like these Dan Harralson Volswire articles could make it to the VN homepage under the "Tennessee Vols News" section if there was a feed for them.

Plot twist: CJH hates everyone on this list.

What would the media do if they couldn’t speculate? I guess uncovering facts is to much work these days.

Tucker and Cooper are the only ones with any real connection with CJH, the rest are a stretch. You can play this game with nearly all coaches. Doesn’t even mention if any of these guys are any good.

VN Store

Back