Of all the names being tossed around as candidates for OC, who do you think is the best recruiter?

Freddie Kitchens--weird that his name has came up. So his boss was fired and he'll be out of a job at the end of the season. So let's hire him? Freeze--I don't think will happen mainly bc of Fulmer and he wants a clean program. I know you're saying Tee is a hard no--but I sure as hell like him better than Freeze and "that dude"from the Browns. Tee took a hit bc the whole USC program is about to go through a regime change. I just think TN has a pretty extensive coaching tree and we have the $ to pay. I'd just like to see somebody with ties to the program--it doesn't have to be Tee but I think he could do well here--especially with recruiting.
Cut is the only guy that could succeed here and it ain't happening. Jim bob maybe, but not exciting hire

Freddie Kitchens--weird that his name has came up. So his boss was fired and he'll be out of a job at the end of the season. So let's hire him? Freeze--I don't think will happen mainly bc of Fulmer and he wants a clean program. I know you're saying Tee is a hard no--but I sure as hell like him better than Freeze and "that dude"from the Browns. Tee took a hit bc the whole USC program is about to go through a regime change. I just think TN has a pretty extensive coaching tree and we have the $ to pay. I'd just like to see somebody with ties to the program--it doesn't have to be Tee but I think he could do well here--especially with recruiting.
Kitchens is intriguing to me. He's been an NFL asst. since 2006. He was only promoted to OC a couple of weeks ago after Todd Haley was let go with HC Hue Jackson.

Since then the Browns are (2-1) including two in a row and have put up 21, 28 & 35 points in the last three games.

IMO, he is making the case to be an NFL OC.

Reactions: TC 83
Kitchens is intriguing to me. He's been an NFL asst. since 2006. He was only promoted to OC a couple of weeks ago after Todd Haley was let go with HC Hue Jackson.

Since then the Browns are (2-1) including two in a row and have put up 21, 28 & 35 points in the last three games.

IMO, he is making the case to be an NFL OC.
I read an article earlier that said Kitchens would most likely be retained as an OC by any new head coach at Cleveland.

Tee got demoted because he isn't good. Hard no.

Someone was recently saying that he got demoted from play calling, and then the wheels came off the offense. I don't know if this is true or not. Just indicated that his playcalling was maybe not the problem.

Peyton Manning.... (Hey I am Peyton Manning, you should come to Tennessee it’s what led me to my career in the NFL)

That dude from the Browns happens to be a former Alabama Qb. We don’t need an Alabama qb as our oc. The thought of it makes me sick.

Hugh Freeze
So, in regards to Freeze, would he want to bring in his own guys? (didn't happen with Shoop) and, if so, would Jeremy have to let staff (friends) go? This just came to mind. To me, this makes internal promotion more likely. These guys have to protect each other until money and politics dictates otherwise.

Reactions: TC 83
It depends on whether we want to keep what we have already been recruiting or if we are going to roll the dice and get out of our box. Pruitt has a lot to think about. He could be daring or stay with his gut...still he has never been a head coach before and he may second guess his need for control of both sides of the ball. If he is going outside the box I will go Freeze or kingsbury,..if he stays with his gut then he will go Friend and hire another assistant and try to keep this class together. But who knows what recruiting magic could be had with a dynamic offense that will fill the seats going forward and with just a little twerking he might could do both meaning save the class we have even with A Freeze or Kingsbury type.
The thought of Pruitt "twerking" made me laugh! Thanks, I needed that this morning!
GBO!!

You just gonna put this out here without the details of how he did it?

That doesn’t matter. Tennessee vs Ole Miss in recruiting would be heavily slanted towards UT when no money is involved. The one thing it did show is that Freeze’s offense is legit. Also, it’s yet to be shown or alleged that he paid for any of the QB’s he had.

Pruitt would easily have him on a tight leash

VN Store

Back