Odds on Suburban Meyer

He left the SEC because of Saban. You think he is going to come here and play him every year? I would take him in a heartbeat but there is a better chance we beat UF by 60 than Meyer coming here
How do you know that? Everyone just presumes that but what proof does anyone have? Has he ever gone on record and said this? As far as I can remember, Saban and Meyer faced each other 3 times, twice in the SEC CG and once in the national championship game and Meyer won 2 out of the 3. What reason would Meyer have to "run" from Saban?

Some of y’all don’t realize the significance (for our program) if we were lucky enough to land this guy. I didn’t think our own administration understands what we ha e a chance at either. He’s maybe the greatest coach of our generation. He’s obviously not happy with what went down last year and still has a lot of coaching left in him. It’s be the hire of the damn century for us if we could land him. And he’s there right now for the taking. We should be hearing a lot more talk about him right now. I sure as hell hope there’s someone at our school doing something behind the scenes to help get us in position to land this guy. It would change the history of our program
Ok, I'll bite. Let's say by some miracle, ut admin offered him. Why do you think he would say yes?

Urban would win too many games at Tennessee, so, that automatically puts him on the “do not hire” list in Knoxville.

We will hire another up and comer, let him get a couple years of on the job training, then give him a nice retirement package when he can’t win more than 5-6 games a year.

Urban would win too many games at Tennessee, so, that automatically puts him on the “do not hire” list in Knoxville.

We will hire another up and comer, let him get a couple years of on the job training, then give him a nice retirement package when he can’t win more than 5-6 games a year.
You'd think the boosters and athletic dept would be tired of throwing away money. The whole accounting dept should be fired, and the ones who handed them their degrees.

Meyer won't come back to the SEC until Saban's gone. Forgotten Timmy crying the SEC Champ game? I'm sure Meyer hasn't forgotten that beating either and will continue to flow to the place where it takes less effort to be on top.
The last time he coached against Saban; he won at Ohio State.

Personally I wouldn't mind Tennessee hiring these coaches if the worst came to the worst and Tennessee canned Jeremy Pruitt.

Matt Campbell Iowa State head football coach
Hugh Freeze Former Ole Miss and current Liberty head football coach
Dave Clawson Wake Forest head football coach
Tony Elliott Clemson Offensive Coordinator
Dave Aranda LSU Defensive Coordinator
Kevin Wilson Ohio State Offensive Coordinator

The last time he coached against Saban; he won at Ohio State.

These people around this program don’t want to beat Saban or Florida. They just talk like they do.

They want to throw a new coach out there every few years to get a new face for people to pay attention to and buy some hoodies and tickets and collect that money from fans. That’s all they want to do.

You gotta have intestinal fortitude to go out and do what it takes to beat Saban and Florida. First off, you have to pay a coach on their level. There is one available right now. A team that actually wants to win will pay for him and he will sweep in, throw together a top 5 recruiting class and roll on. Win a championship or two then he will ride off into the sun set.

But I would GLADLY take that over what the hell we have been doing the past 15 years.

With Urban’s health issues I don’t see him ever coaching again but if he did; it most definitely won’t be Tennessee. Urban would have his pick of any job in the country.

Reactions: Booker512
Ok, I'll bite. Let's say by some miracle, ut admin offered him. Why do you think he would say yes?

I think he could be sold on this as being the ultimate icing on his resume/legacy. I wouldn’t have even thought of urban a month ago. But after he made the comment about TN his wife went on a twitter rant about how her husband was treated (compared to saban). It just became obvious that he still has a lot of coaching left and feels scorned by the way his time at Ohio state ended.
Mal Moore single handily landed saban when saban already had a job by being persistent and convincing him the the university wanted him more than anything in the world. And it worked. It takes big moves to accomplish big things. But urban is there for the taking. I don’t think it was a coincidence he referenced us recently. He’s a very calculating guy. He was testing the waters

I think he could be sold on this as being the ultimate icing on his resume/legacy. I wouldn’t have even thought of urban a month ago. But after he made the comment about TN his wife went on a twitter rant about how her husband was treated (compared to saban). It just became obvious that he still has a lot of coaching left and feels scorned by the way his time at Ohio state ended.
Mal Moore single handily landed saban when saban already had a job by being persistent and convincing him the the university wanted him more than anything in the world. And it worked. It takes big moves to accomplish big things. But urban is there for the taking. I don’t think it was a coincidence he referenced us recently. He’s a very calculating guy. He was testing the waters

Yep!

If I were the AD at TN, Pruitt Would be rolling up the hardwood floors in his house after that BYU game and Urban would be at the airport that night.

I would borrow the money to pay his buyout if I had too. The revenue a coach like Urban would bring in with winning seasons would easily offset that debt.

Not questioning Meyer’s coaching ability but he’s a selfish POS who only looks out for himself.

Only way I could accept him here at Tennessee is if the football program just completely falls to the ground where there’s not many options left.
In case you haven't noticed, we're not just on the ground, we're in a sizable crater below ground level.

I agree 100%. I don’t want to go through another search anytime soon. I was so pissed after the Ga St debacle that I wrote Pruitt off. I still think he’s over his head and probably won’t last 2 more years. But with all my heart, I WANT HIM TO. I want him to become Dabo and embrace all that is TN, build his OWN legacy and become the second coming of General Neyland. It’s in the best interest of our program that he gets at least 4 years unless the wins are few, the losses are bad and the recruiting tanks. If those things happen, call Stoops and offer him a Gruden contract. 10 years 100 mil and see if he’d take it.
Meyer is an exponentially better coach than Stoops. It's not even close.

Meyer is an exponentially better coach than Stoops. It's not even close.

That’s debatable. But for arguments sake, he doesn’t have the baggage and slimball factor that Meyer has. He also would have a chance to beat the best which is what he was never able to do at OU.

That’s debatable. But for arguments sake, he doesn’t have the baggage and slimball factor that Meyer has. He also would have a chance to beat the best which is what he was never able to do at OU.
What's this talk on Stoops? Why did he retire from ou and now head coach of the renegades? Why would he want to come here?

Reactions: AM64

VN Store

Back