OC Search - Kendall Briles (merged)

Guys no one's asking for a preist but Kendal was on watch during one of the worst sexual harassment lawsuits to hit the NCAA. I'm sure he knew nothing was going on. Ole Jimmy Franklin knew nothing happened at Vandy either, right

Whats your point?

Reactions: BIGAL27
If you were against the Schiano hire because of his ties to Penn State, then you should also be against hiring Briles for what happened at Baylor.
That is interesting though. Both were at schools where bad stuff happened but yet did not get in trouble for BUT SUPPOSEDLY had knowledge of the incidents and kept quiet....

Reactions: dduncan4163
Wow. You cannot be serious with this ish.

No I am 100% serious. There's as much evidence that Schiano knew what was happening at Penn State (incredibly little) just like there's incredibly little evidence that Briles knew what was going on. But if your argument that Tennessee can't hire a guy associated with the Penn State situation, then Tennessee can't hire a guy associated with the Baylor situation, which was just as appalling of a scandal. With the lack of evidence, I didn't have a problem hiring Schiano, just like I don't have a problem hiring Briles because of the lack of evidence of their knowledge of the situation. But if you are someone that had that view, that Schiano can't be hired, neither can Briles.

That is interesting though. Both were at schools where bad stuff happened but yet did not get in trouble for BUT SUPPOSEDLY had knowledge of the incidents and kept quiet....

Schiano and Kendal Briles, at least in investigations, were both cleared. The only time Schiano was even mentioned was in a deposition from a "i heard from somebody who was told" story, and Briles allegedly said to a recruit "If you like white women we have plenty at Baylor'. Like Schiano, I don't really have a problem hiring Kendal because there is a lack of evidence saying he contributed or knew of any of the multiple cover ups (though him being the son of the head coach I can see why some would find that hard to believe). My biggest issue is it seems some Vols fan (not all, I've seen multiple opinions expressed in this thread) is because some will ignore the Baylor situation and say we should hire Briles because he would be a good hire and Vol fans didn't want Schiano because he doesn't seem he would be a good hire but used the Penn State situation to protest.

If you were against the Schiano hire because of his ties to Penn State, then you should also be against hiring Briles for what happened at Baylor.

Everyone felt Schiano was part of covering up what happened.

I was against the Schiano hire because of the QUESTIONS that would be heaped on the program by ESPN and all the other talking heads that condemned us for not completing the hire anyway. That was for hiring our HC. If they want to bisch about a coordinator hire until a squirrel runs by them, then I’m good with it.

With the lack of evidence, I didn't have a problem hiring Schiano

That's weird. When Urban was suspended at the beginning of the year, Ohio State had a problem going with Schiano. When Urban retired, they still had a problem going with Schiano. The Patriots were all but set to pick him up until they didn't. And now with all these recent vacancies, Schiano's name isn't even being floated in any of the hiring searches for any of them. Seems a lot of winning teams have a problem going with Schiano, but you don't have a problem with it? Weird.

That's weird. When Urban was suspended at the beginning of the year, Ohio State had a problem going with Schiano. When Urban retired, they still had a problem going with Schiano. The Patriots were all but set to pick him up until they didn't. And now with all these recent vacancies, Schiano's name isn't even being floated in any of the hiring searches for any of them. Seems a lot of winning teams have a problem going with Schiano, but you don't have a problem with it? Weird.

My overall point was I did not feel the Penn State situation should not be held against him in coaching searches, not the quality of him as a coach. That was my point.

My overall point was I did not feel the Penn State situation should not be held against him in coaching searches, not the quality of him as a coach. That was my point.
I didn’t want him just because he’s a horrible coach. I guess the penn state stuff is just extra ammunition for everyone.

VN Store

Back