OC Search - Kendall Briles (merged)

Of course that's true. The fans did what they had to do to prevent an almost certain disastrous hire. Honestly, I don't think many people outside of Knoxville remember or care at all about what happened with Schiano, so if we think Briles is the best OC for our program, we shouldn't care 1 bit about any residual heat we'd take due to the Schiano comparison.

Ohio State has proven TWICE that we made the right decision to pass on Schiano. They could have moved him to the interim HC at beginning of year, yet didn’t. Now that Meyer is retiring, could have named him as the new HC, but didn’t.

Twice they could have shown the football world he was worthy of a HC position. Both times they passed over him. Just proves that he is not big-boy football HC material.

We got that right. Briles is a Star OC who can coach and develop talent. Look at what is teams did prior to his arrival, during his time there, and after he left. Guy is an offensive mastermind. Would be a home run hire.

We were vindicated for not hiring Schiano, so that should never even come up as a comparison again. Unless people want to ask why he is not HC at tOSU.

Reactions: TenUhSee
Are we looking for a priest or an OC? Even priests aren’t perfect. Based on performance, Briles would be a great OC. Don’t be distracted.
Someone hasn't had their coffee yet this morning! :)

I'm not distracted and didn't say anything to indicate that I don't want him here.

So according to reports Pruitt is interviewing more "air raid OC's. Why????? So he can demand them to run the same power; run first scheme like last year??????. The definition of insanity.

So according to reports Pruitt is interviewing more "air raid OC's. Why????? So he can demand them to run the same power; run first scheme like last year??????. The definition of insanity.

From what I have read and seen the past couple of years, Briles is about as balanced as you can find.

Briles is good. Real good. If you look at his resume and the total offense rankings where he's coached, its actually really impressive.

Reactions: dduncan4163
Since you don't seem to understand, I will try and explain things to you. There is a list and you may have a person that you THINK may be better than the others. That is why you have to keep an open mind during the process. That is why you will usually interview all the people on your list as soon as possible. A key is to make sure everyone on the list has the ability to do the job before you start the process. Often the person that you THINK might be your top choice isn't. You don't KNOW the best person for the job until you have talked to everyone on the list. You sure don't make an offer to the first person you speak with because number 3 might be the ONE. You might make an offer to the first guy if it is Jesus but I don't think he is on the list. If someone that you have talked to takes another offer before talking with you, then he wasn't the ONE.

And Pruitt would still be prioritizing his interviewing order based on the candidate that he feels the most strongly about interviewing. It's a relatively straightforward process, that's a normal practice across most industries; not sure why you seem to struggle with it's application in the UT coach search.

So I just went to wikipedia to look at Briles resume and I swear to God this is what the first line says:

"Kendal Briles (born November 10, 1982) is an American football coach. He is currently the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach of the Florida State Seminoles football team. He is also a full blown astronaut and pole dancing instructor on the side. "

You have to love Wikipedia. Here is the link if you want to see it for yourselves: Kendal Briles - Wikipedia

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Obviously someone who turned down the job unless you subscribe to the idea that Pruitt can just now be bothered to interview his number #1 choice.

Whoa !!!! Just because a guy interviews first, doesn't make him the No. 1 choice. Availability to be interviewed, more likely controls the schedule. Some of the people wanted for the position may be "tied up" in game prep or being talked to by other options who spoke first. Just because you talk to someone first doesn't make them your top wish list guy...

Attachments

• 5F324FED-DCF5-4D4D-BD72-104BEA53DD21.jpeg
    5F324FED-DCF5-4D4D-BD72-104BEA53DD21.jpeg
    143.2 KB · Views: 31
If hiring Briles, why not just hire Freeze? Is one sin greater than another? If going on a scale, I’d say rape is above cheating, wouldn’t you?
Agreed, but don't you find it odd freeze didn't get hired by bama, auburn, or Florida St?

We will never know. A man never talks about the ones that got away, only the ones that we bag.
Unless you are fishing, hunting things like that. Or as I have heard over the years " I tried to hire that guy a few years ago, now look at him". However in this case, there are many reasons for both sides, to not discuss why a hire is not made.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga

VN Store

Back