OC Search - Kendall Briles (merged)

If they squashed Freeze, no way Briles gets hired

Be prepared for the BOT and Boosters to screw UT again
I need Board of Directors to follow this you all have NO say so when it comes to hiring offense or defense coordinators. This is NOT your jobs. This is the Head Coach if the Football teams job. It’s our ADs job to make sure all goes well with our Athletic Department. Keep your nose out if he hires someone and it doesn’t work out it’s in Head Coach not you all. Hear this BOT butt out STOP trying to micromanage

Thanks from VOLNATION

Reactions: Vol Main
My overall point was I did not feel the Penn State situation should not be held against him in coaching searches, not the quality of him as a coach. That was my point.

Or it was not your point. At this point, I cannot see your point from not your point.

Reactions: igotworms
No I am 100% serious. There's as much evidence that Schiano knew what was happening at Penn State (incredibly little) just like there's incredibly little evidence that Briles knew what was going on. But if your argument that Tennessee can't hire a guy associated with the Penn State situation, then Tennessee can't hire a guy associated with the Baylor situation, which was just as appalling of a scandal. With the lack of evidence, I didn't have a problem hiring Schiano, just like I don't have a problem hiring Briles because of the lack of evidence of their knowledge of the situation. But if you are someone that had that view, that Schiano can't be hired, neither can Briles.

Shocking how you cannot see the differences between the situations but whatever. I didnt want Schiano hired because I thought he was not a good coach first. And second, he was associated with the most disgusting scandal ever associated with college sports. The Baylor thing was bad but nit even close to what happened at PSU.

Shocking how you cannot see the differences between the situations but whatever. I didnt want Schiano hired because I thought he was not a good coach first. And second, he was associated with the most disgusting scandal ever associated with college sports. The Baylor thing was bad but nit even close to what happened at PSU.

They both were horrible situations. If your belief is that we shouldn’t hire people associated with the Penn State situation (which is perfectly reasonable and I completely understand that) then I think it’s hypocritical to say you want Briles and the horrible situation he is associated with

Briles is ok but I wish he had some sec experience. What does he do if Bama throws man coverage on his receivers. And the Bama players are just better. Where is the beef? Where is the two TE set and lead blocker.
I see his o as boom or bust.

Reactions: Lemme_axya_this
Briles is ok but I wish he had some sec experience. What does he do if Bama throws man coverage on his receivers. And the Bama players are just better. Where is the beef? Where is the two TE set and lead blocker.
I see his o as boom or bust.
Kendal briles and his dad pretty much wrote the book on what every offense is running in college and some in the pros

Reactions: igotworms
Sexual assault is sexual assault, it’s wrong period. The gender or age of the victim should not matter.

Seriously? I agree about the gender, but the age of a sexual assault victim very much matters.

Kendall Briles would be a home run hire. He'd stick around for a couple of years before taking a HC job somewhere.

Wiki can be edited by anyone so it's not a credible source.

tumblr_n2bx11p0MQ1shxe70o1_500.gif

Those pages get changed by the minute.

You could have done it yourself just to start the thread! Just sayin

Nothing to see here

I don't understand this. Lulz, I hope its not just me.
I said so many times, the POSSIBLE Penn State stuff was enough to question why we would risk taking a chance on someone that wasn't even qualified.
But it was the confirmation of him telling players to dive at other people's knees and hate from former players that really sealed it off.
Briles is both qualified for an OC position and doesn't have the extra incidents hanging around him. Completely different situation.

Last edited:
How is that interesting? It's Wikipedia, anyone can change the page
i wrote "interesting" not factual. just thought it was interesting that someone had already put that on his page. if you didn't thats ok.

and thanks for the tutorial on Wikipedia, i know how it works.

In 2017, Briles offense at FAU was ranked #8 and in in 2018 his offense at Houston was ranked #4 ... pretty impressive.

VN Store

Back