OC search Fan fatigue??

Maybe just general Coaching Search fatigue. We're the laughing stock of CFB and I'm embarrassed to be a Vol fan. Hope the administration is happy that we've become a complete dumpster fire. I won't spend another dime on this $h**show.

Reactions: Russdaddy2027
Maybe just general Coaching Search fatigue. We're the laughing stock of CFB and I'm embarrassed to be a Vol fan. Hope the administration is happy that we've become a complete dumpster fire. I won't spend another dime on this $h**show.
Before you put your wallet away for good you may want to check on the UT Athletic dept yard sale thread, plenty of bricks and life champion trophies still up for grabs.

Can we just burn it all? We don't need the money.
They gotta raise more money to pay off all those buyouts. If you haven't notice, the price for a buyout has been steadily rising. In 10 years a buyout could cost UT $50 million! So please do your part and donate. UT will accept cash, paypal, bitcoin, all major credit cards, blood donors, organs donors (living /dead, doesn't matter), stem cells (no questions asked about where you got them),sperm bank donations, recycled cans, and etc.

Last edited:
Yes and No for me. On the one hand it's fun to speculate and watch the epic back and forths. The Volnations collective passion is second to no other fanbase. On the other hand sorting through all the rumors and troll posts can be exhausting.

Volnation during a coaching search is like a drug. I enjoy the hell out of the high but damn the hangover can be brutal.
Unfortunately, for some on this site passion slips into obsession. BTW, not aimed at you personally, just the perfect post to quote for what I wanted to say.

Reactions: dduncan4163
Ok.
My alma mater is looking for a HC
the only other 2 schools I give a tiny rats a$$ about are looking for OC's....and both are looking at Freeze.

My freaking head hurts.

Another day goes by with no announcement in sight. Have they finally broken us? Squashing the will of the VN coach search.

Reactions: dduncan4163
I was hopeful we might get Freeze, but I can understand him coming with too much baggage. At this point, I’ve accepted it won’t be a splash hire. They never are. I think we all love this program so much and are desperate for any signs of rejuvenation. We saw some on the field, but then the heartless loss to Vandy crushed whatever momentum we had. It takes a long time to turn the titanic around.

https%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2Fgallery%2F25-exhuastion-gifs-for-when-you-cant%2Ftired-cat.gif

https%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2Fgallery%2F25-exhuastion-gifs-for-when-you-cant%2Fthe-simpsons-punch.gif

giphy.gif

orig

BVS + Fan Fatigue = Entire Spectrum of Emotions

I’m officially bored with the search pandemonium, guess they knew what they were doing calming down the Orange Monster. Just ready to hear an announcement.....

I agree the Administration has not done our fans any favors of late. However, there are plenty of other “laughing stocks” in CFB, so I don’t think we can claim sole ownership of that title. Like most others on VN, I wish the search was over. Hopefully, though, the OC vetting process will yield great results at the end of the day.

Why worry so much over something that you can’t control? Why worry so much over something like a coaching search?

I’m a passionate fan and want to win like crazy but no way I am going to get all crazy over a coaching hire.

We will get who we get and hopefully they succeed. We may as well take our time and attempt to get it right for the long haul.

The Freeze thing was overblown. Great coach but not a great man. Likely a 1 and done guy too.

I’d like to see this program built back up the right way and sometimes that takes a couple years.

Go enjoy your family and friends and don’t obsess over this hire.

Go Vols.

VN Store

Back