Obscure shows you enjoy...

The Last Kingdom, is great! Just renewed for season 5.

Animal Kingdom
Mr Inbetween
Billions
Norsemen
Ray Donovan
Succession
Yellowstone
Ozark
Big Dogs
Shameless
Lillyhammer
Kingdom (MMA series, the best show nobody ever saw.)
Somebody mentioned Catastrophe, that was pretty funny. Lots of good shows these days, just too spread out.

I agree with you on the show Kingdom. It was well written and enough for more than just meat heads. The show really developed characters without making it nothing but an mma version of rocky.

Really wish that it would have more seasons but it really ended at a good point.

Has anyone seen The Great? I think its a Hulu show. I've watched four on Plex I really like it, interesting tone for a historical piece.

I’ve been watching Ted Lasso on Apple TV. Pretty funny show, I’ve enjoyed the premise even though I’m not a soccer fan. Last episode of the season drops this Friday. Definitely better than some of the stuff I’ve watched streaming.

Mr. Inbetween, the best show you haven't seen, got a late reprieve from FX and will be back sometime this year.

Streaming on Hulu.

Last edited:
Reactions: SpecialKVolfan20
Just watched some show about a stewardess on HBO.

View attachment 336286
ill see myself out.
That was Zucker'a Mom I believe in real life...

Anyway, 'Stewardess, I speak Jive...'

'juss hang loose blood, she gone catch a rebound on the med side.'

'What it is big Momma, my momma didnt raise no dummy.?' 'I dug her rap.'

'Chumo dont want the helo, chumo dont get the help.' Its been a few years if im rusty.
20130C67-C866-48C5-AAD5-C298889A8641.gif

Pen 15
Letterkinney
Dream Corp LLC
This Way Up
Dave
What We Do In The Shadows
Terriers
High Maintenance
The Eric Andre Show
Invincible
How To Sell Drugs Online Fast

Aqua Teen Hunger Force
Squidbillies
The Tick (the original with Patrick Warburton)
The Adventures of Briscoe County Jr.
Ash vs. Evil Dead (Starz I think? Maybe on Netflix sometimes)

I don't know how obscure it is but Kevin Can F*** Himself is great. Nobody I talk to about it has ever heard of it. I think it's on AMC.

FivePD - YouTube show using Grand Theft Auto 5 mods to act out "Cops" style shows. Hilarious!

Reactions: bignewt
Anybody checked out Yellowjackets? I believe its Showtime. You can watch the first episode on Amazon Prime. I was very impressed with the pilot, one of the better ones Ive seen in a while. Lots of potential and great casting.

Anybody checked out Yellowjackets? I believe its Showtime. You can watch the first episode on Amazon Prime. I was very impressed with the pilot, one of the better ones Ive seen in a while. Lots of potential and great casting.

I don't have Showtime but I caught the first 4 episodes during a promo thing. It gets some pretty dark edges to it even in that span and I'm assuming gets darker still in later episodes.

Told in then/now story format and it was interesting to hear a lot of the 90's music in the flashbacks. I hadn't thought of some of those songs in a long time.

Reactions: bignewt
Stillgame on Netflix. BBC sitcom based in Scotland. Brilliant humor imo. First series in 2002, big hiatus after 2007 and finished in 2019. Subtitles aren’t necessary but they’re helpful.

Does The Orville count? Horrible critic reviews, but terrific user reviews. Just finished season 1. Such a relaxing show, with slight drama and subtle comedy.

Reactions: VolInNorthCack

VN Store

Back