Obi-Wan Kenobi (Disney+)

Sorry, the pic messed up.
obiwan-png.468549

Last edited:
This show was totally driven by fans wanting to see McGreggor as Obiwan again. I agree it was ultimately unnecessary.

But since they were going to do it, I think the concept/plot of the show was pretty good. Including Leia and Reva. There was some missteps in execution I just hand waved away. I think it should have just been a movie and some of the problems could have been remedied.

Overall I still found it entertaining.

It was unnecessary but at the same time I sort felt like McGregor was "owed" this a bit. I feel like he was by far one of the best if not the best thing about the prequels and his performance was in a way was very overshadowed by the baggage of the prequels (fair or not). Now the funny part is this series might proably end up sort of in the same category as a divisive series yet he was still awesome, so I don't know if it totally pulled off what it needed to do. But I think it was good enough to satisfy most SW fans, at least most of the episodes. Like the prequels, the good parts were really good and the bad parts were pretty....not great.

I personally put it on the same level as ROTS. It's not OT good, but it's up there with the good parts of the prequels and the sequels.

VN Store

Back