Lt Munoz
Lg Smith
C Repert
Rg Douglas
Rt Sears
TE McClure

Douglas being back should mean more productivity on offense! :cross:

back...... but are they fully healthy?

Sometimes I wonder who is better, an uninjured backup, or a hurt starter. Granted the starters are all very skilled, but playing with a bruised calf can slow you down and cause you to get beat by a rusher whom a healthy person could have gotten in front of and blocked.

Mahelona (spell?) looked pretty damn good playing injured...alot depends on the type and extent of the injury and also on the personality of the player some people tolerate pain better than others (Houston I think has a low threshold IMO) :ph34r:

I agree it depends on type of injury. My post was sort of a rhetorical question, no real answer. Our O-line has been getting no push. For an example, Munoz hasn't seemed to be able to push people around and i am betting that calf bruise tweeks whenever he has to stand someone up and try to move them to open the hole, allowing the defender to close that hole quicker. When you play injured you pretty much just keep reaggravating that injury. Would have been nice to have not fumbled the Ole Miss game away after our quick start, so that we could have given the players a short game and time to let the things heal. Oh well, I think (more like pray) that we will be able to rest them for Vandy and Kentucky, letting them heal for a rematch with Auburn.

A healthy o-line means better pushes off the line and holes opening up.Lets just hope we can rip through those holes. :thumbsup:

we need to find our running game ...it disapeared during the Bama game :ph34r:

Originally posted by volmanjr@Oct 27, 2004 10:44 PM
is that like tearing a new one? :blink:

Yeah I guess, if that is what it takes.I don't care if we got to run straight up someones :shakeit: and out his mouth to get some yardage. :huh:

Just to refresh this post.The o-line is not looking so healthy.Big loss with Munoz being out.

Ok that would make the oline

Sears LT
Smith LG
Respert C
Gandy RG
Toiena RT

That is still a good line they have practiced as a unit all week so the unity will be much better than against Alabama.

VN Store

Back