'22 NY SDE Jimmy Scott (Pitt commit)

1597635496542.png

Scott played defensive end and running back his first two seasons at St. Joe’s. He scored 15 touchdowns in 19 games with the Marauders, averaging 6.8 yards per carry. Last season he played defense, making 4.5 sacks. He runs the 40-yard dash in 4.7 seconds.

...Scott is ranked as a three-star prospect by recruiting website 247Sports and as the No. 2 prospect in New York in his class. “His potential is just off the charts,” longtime St. Francis coach Jerry Smith said. “He has a fast switch. He’s explosive. He uses his hands very well. He is definitely relentless. He doesn’t stop.”

https://buffalonews.com/sports/high...cle_4e3c53ca-e00d-11ea-a49a-b7d59ccf64e7.html

...his speed is what makes him such an intriguing talent. Even at 250 pounds, Scott plays running back on offense for St. Francis, and he shows the ability to run away from players in the secondary even at that weight. He punishes defenders that try to stop him with his obvious size, weight, and power advantage, but the straight-line speed at his size is what stands out the most. That speed is what makes him so difficult to handle on defense. Scott is fast enough to beat most tackles to the corner and has the moves to shed their hands and turn it. He does that while being big and strong enough to engage with tackles in the run game or by pressing tackles too far upfield in passing situations, then disengage. Scott can hold a blocker, read a play, and get off a block to react like a fast linebacker. He brings a rare combination of size, speed, and skills, already showing polish and with time to improve further. Scott will no doubt be evaluated at multiple positions, especially as he physically develops over the next two years, he looks to translate as an ideal fit as an outside linebacker for the Vols.
Analysis: Vols Land Polished Edge Defender in Jimmy Scott

If it’s not a negative don’t count on Go Vols Extra to say anything. I don’t follow or care what their take is on anything.
I got with 247 and or Bra. I cant stand to listen to Wes Rucker, but, he seems like a really genuine and very nice person. That is very respectable these days, therefore I choose to support his PC. His guys are knowledgeable.

I got with 247 and or Bra. I cant stand to listen to Wes Rucker, but, he seems like a really genuine and very nice person. That is very respectable these days, therefore I choose to support his PC. His guys are knowledgeable.
I’m talking about Go Vols Extra not go Vols 247. They’re separate things

Reactions: GojiraVol17
Scott said his early commitment to the Vols in August “kind of just happened,” and “it was definitely relationships” that convinced him to pick Tennessee over scholarship offers from at least 15 other schools at the time.

“Me and (Tennessee tight ends) coach Joe Osovet, and me and (head) coach (Jeremy) Pruitt, we’ve built a good relationship over the last couple months,” Scott said. “And it’s Tennessee, at the end of the day. You’re not going to go to Tennessee, if you like football, and be disappointed about the campus or how things are that’s football-oriented.

He said he still feels “the same” about his decision now as he did on the day he committed to Tennessee, even after the Vols’ 24-13 loss Saturday night at Arkansas. But other teams — primarily Penn State and Boston College — have stayed in contact with him over the past few months, and he’s not closing the door on any of them just yet.

“I kind of just look at it with an open mind,” Scott said. “No papers were signed or anything, so my recruitment is still open, technically. I mean, I’m not going to burn any bridges with any coaches and just tell them I don’t want to be recruited by them anymore, because anything can happen over the next 18 months.

“I am committed to Tennessee, but I am looking to still get recruited.”

“I trust the coaches there, and I trust Coach Pruitt and I trust that he’s going to hire another good D-line coach — my position,” Scott said.
rc

VN Store

Back