'20 NV WR Rome Odunze (Washington commit)

EdEcEko77

Elite ★★★★★ Poster
du03bvdvzvgskrg0s3fs

6'3" 183lbs
Las Vegas, NV
(Bishop Gorman HS)

Rome Odunze, Bishop Gorman, Wide Receiver
Rome Odunze, 2020 Wide Receiver - Rivals
Rome Odunze on Hudl

Last edited:
Vols Recruiting Timeline

2/25/2019 - Vols offer. (.8567) composite at time of offer.

Last edited:
"It was great to get that offer," Odunze said. "It was my first SEC offer. To get an offer from a great program like Tennessee that has a great fanbase that can fill up 100 thousand seat stadium is impressive." The conversation with Martin made him feel at ease with Tennessee's national championship quarterback. "He's a real dude and I didn't feel any fake recruiting vibes coming from him at all," Odunze said. "He's really passionate about Tennessee and about the game. I'm really passionate about the game as well so that is good to have in common. He asked me what I wanted out of a program and he was able to fill in all those blanks with facts about Tennessee."

Odunze was teammates with current Vol Cedric Tillman. The Vols landed him late in the process and took a chance on the Vegas product. That impressed Odunze. "They came in and saw the potential in Cedric," Odunze said. "That told me a lot about them because he's a good receiver."

Odunze is a long wideout that presents mismatch opportunities for the offense. "As tall as I am and as big as a I am, I think I do a good job of going up and getting balls," Odunze said. "Go high point balls and be aggressive. Run good routes and just do little things to be versatile. "I think I have to improve with my hands a little bit. Just being a more complete wide receiver and working better out of my breaks."

Arizona, Duke, California and others have been on Odunze early on in the process. So what is he looking for? "A good environment," Odunze said. "I want to have a good opportunity and a coaching staff. I know coaching staffs come and go, but a good position coach that can develop you. I also want a place with good academics. Just a place with good people to be around."

-VQ

Reactions: T Dog and quadlee21

VN Store

Back