'20 NV TE Darnell Washington (UGA commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree that AV is rarely wrong. His credibility took a massive blow last cycle. I think he is connected but he takes everything said to him and reports it as facts.

Pretty sure he only missed on 1 or 2 guys. If a guy changes his mind at the last second or the coaches get something else that they want. You can not fault him for that. I am sure at that point in time when he made the statements his statement was probably true.

Edit: He also called the Chaney hire.

To be fair, AV is probably operating on what’s being said to the staff. There’s a lot of conflicting info going around here.
That’s SEC recruiting, being honest here, AV is the only one where I’m hearing anything about TN, not saying it’s wrong by any means as I think he’s repeating the info he is given. Cases like this is why I Never go with just one source and look at what everyone is saying. Derrick Brown straight up looked Kirby in the face and said he was a Dawg, then signed with Auburn 3 days later. Not saying DW is lying either, some players can’t tell a coach no. Rueben Foster was a silent, to THREE schools, at the SAME time. 😂

So you are saying that a recruit would lie to a staff , but shoot it straight to a recruiting service ?
Going to be fair here, most CBs and the like do not come from the recruit.

Otherwise, yeah, you can’t take a recruit at face value most of the time. They are conditioned to give coach speak to services.

That’s SEC recruiting, being honest here, AV is the only one where I’m hearing anything about TN, not saying it’s wrong by any means as I think he’s repeating the info he is given. Cases like this is why I Never go with just one source and look at what everyone is saying. Derrick Brown straight up looked Kirby in the face and said he was a Dawg, then signed with Auburn 3 days later. Not saying DW is lying either, some players can’t tell a coach no. Rueben Foster was a silent, to THREE schools, at the SAME time. 😂

You can only go off of what they tell you lol. If the kid chooses something else can’t really fault the information that the kid gave before his decision. It happens, that is recruiting.

Plus factors change everything, maybe the staff got an individual to commit that was in the same position or higher rated etc. you just never know.

Reactions: secking
Pretty sure he only missed on 1 or 2 guys. If a guy changes his mind at the last second or the coaches get something else that they want. You can not fault him for that. I am sure at that point in time when he made the statements his statement was probably true.

Edit: He also called the Chaney hire.

It was way more than that. There were 6-7 guys that he whiffed on towards the end of the cycle. Popping in with 100% guaranteed commits. I’m not bashing the guy. He clearly knows people. But he posts in absolutes and you can’t do that anymore. Like Secking said, foster was a silent to 3 schools. Kids say what gets their names in the news. It’s the reason I don’t say anything until I know a kid is 100% in. Like McDaniel.

It was way more than that. There were 6-7 guys that he whiffed on towards the end of the cycle. Popping in with 100% guaranteed commits. I’m not bashing the guy. He clearly knows people. But he posts in absolutes and you can’t do that anymore. Like Secking said, foster was a silent to 3 schools. Kids say what gets their names in the news. It’s the reason I don’t say anything until I know a kid is 100% in. Like McDaniel.

Gotcha. Makes sense.

Reactions: ChiTownVol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back