'20 NV TE Darnell Washington (UGA commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is, that depth is what can make the difference. You mentioned 3rd string, the SECCG, UGA was playing their 4th string OG against Bama. Injuries are part of the game but that OL last year took a beating, only one game was ‘the starting 5’ able to play together. 4th qtr, D’andre Walker was stonewalling Bama OL and the running game. He gets hurt, UGA has to put in a true freshman that quite frankly got whipped and whipped. Notice which side Bama ran with Hurts, it was all the same. Everyone was just pups behind Cox as well, to play in that type of game anyway. Injuries aren’t an excuse, next man up, but it’s a good thing if the next man up is talented too.
It really isn't necessary to tell Tennessee fans about how injuries affect winning championships. 2016 isn't that far behind us. We know!

There have been two programs that I had strong feelings about. One was Florida under Urban Meyer, because I thought he was covering up a lot of serious bad behavior by players. The other has been Auburn at various times, for the same reason and because I thought they pushed the rules envelope more than most. As for Alabama, they have their share of dirt, but lately not as much because it's not as necessary.
We used to play Auburn every year up until the SEC expanded, back then I had a lot more distaste for them, now we don't see them enough to really maintain a great deal of animosity, at least not from my perspective.

UGA has recently reached Bama in recruiting. In 2017 the starters were of similar talent, but Bama clearly had a depth advantage. In 2018 UGA got more depth, but was inexperienced. It’s easy to see if you match up by positions. Bama had advantages at WR, DL, and DB while UGA had an advantage at RB. The rest of the positions were a push imo.

I would say DB and Special Teams were advantage Georgia along with RB. This site agreed as well:

Both teams came into the season with some question marks in the back half. Both teams have had to play young players and deal with some inconsistencies. As talented and dynamic as Alabama safety Deonte Thompson is, Georgia has the best player here in senior cornerback Deandre Baker. He's one of the top cornerbacks in College Football and in most years, he would be considered as the best. The Crimson Tide has gotten rock-solid play out of Shyheim Carter, Xavier McKinney, Savion Smith, and Patrick Surtain II in the back half, but Georgia has gotten the same from J.R. Reed and Eric Stokes with Richard LeCounte III and Otis Reese flashing at that other safety spot. Baker's ability to limit one side of the field slides this one over to the UGA side. Edge: Georgia

Reactions: Bjorn_Yesterday
I would say DB and Special Teams were advantage Georgia along with RB. This site agreed as well:

Both teams came into the season with some question marks in the back half. Both teams have had to play young players and deal with some inconsistencies. As talented and dynamic as Alabama safety Deonte Thompson is, Georgia has the best player here in senior cornerback Deandre Baker. He's one of the top cornerbacks in College Football and in most years, he would be considered as the best. The Crimson Tide has gotten rock-solid play out of Shyheim Carter, Xavier McKinney, Savion Smith, and Patrick Surtain II in the back half, but Georgia has gotten the same from J.R. Reed and Eric Stokes with Richard LeCounte III and Otis Reese flashing at that other safety spot. Baker's ability to limit one side of the field slides this one over to the UGA side. Edge: Georgia
Amazes me that Bama can’t find a kicker that’s consistent.

Reactions: GoVolsDR
We used to play Auburn every year up until the SEC expanded, back then I had a lot more distaste for them, now we don't see them enough to really maintain a great deal of animosity, at least not from my perspective.

That and they’re the one team that hates alabama almost as much as we do.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
I do not hate any school and realize that fans from every school are all the same. Just with a different loyalty.

But there is one program that I do not have any respect for and always pull for their opponents solely because they are allowed to play by completely different rules than their peers. The SEC is managed from Tuscaloosa.

When Bama was exposed by UT in the late 90’s and early 2000’s, the problem was UT, not the corruption in Tuscaloosa.

I do not hate any school and realize that fans from every school are all the same. Just with a different loyalty.

But there is one program that I do not have any respect for and always pull for their opponents solely because they are allowed to play by completely different rules than their peers. The SEC is managed from Tuscaloosa.

When Bama was exposed by UT in the late 90’s and early 2000’s, the problem was UT, not the corruption in Tuscaloosa.

Exactly right! They attacked Fulmer and not the wrong doings of AL! Games are almost always officiated in their favor.

Secking is alright for a Ga. fan though.
He is. Kind of the exception that proves the rule. On point I think any team that has win recently has newer fans. Most newer fans are idiots. Bandwagoners are the scum of the earth in sports

Reactions: IhateGA
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back