'20 NV TE Darnell Washington (UGA commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I would not think that was funny either.
This is what you post on Dawgnation. Wise betting says y’all ain’t getting them both although I don’t see us getting either one. My level of disgust for the pups is where it was for Bama pre Saban. Perhaps I falsely see most posts as polite passive aggressive. Quite possible UT would have the same “world is our oyster” attitude if we were as successful. People think I’m crazy for saying the pups are the biggest threat to UT. Bama gonna do their thing for a few more years but last thing UT needs is a Bama 2.0 in Athens.
Are y’all saying you want me to quit posting?

Last edited:
How do you know both Gilbert and Washington both aren’t talking going to TN? Easier pitch at TN, sell Washington at TE and Gilbert at WR.
I know you're dog ,but your on here enough to know how to use the blue button :cool:

Said it once and I'll say it again. You are a blessing to this board. No, don't stop posting SEC.
I really do try not to bring ‘homer’ opinions and just info (coaches in Ga or what I read) that’s pertinent to TN or info that I believe to be legit. For instance, Kipp Adams put this Monday on 247 on Washington-
“Georgia has a number of targets at The Opening Finals. Dawgs247 was waiting to conduct an interview when a very connected source in Texas came unsolicited and provided a very interesting statement.

"I got some news," the source said. "Georgia is getting Kendall Milton and Darnell Washington."”

Now, not saying Kipp is lying or the guy isn’t saying what he believes to be true just not convincing enough for me to share, or not to being it as a homer post. If I knew who that ‘source’ was, might be different but seems like that would go on a home board, not here.

I really do try not to bring ‘homer’ opinions and just info (coaches in Ga or what I read) that’s pertinent to TN or info that I believe to be legit. For instance, Kipp Adams put this Monday on 247 on Washington-
“Georgia has a number of targets at The Opening Finals. Dawgs247 was waiting to conduct an interview when a very connected source in Texas came unsolicited and provided a very interesting statement.

"I got some news," the source said. "Georgia is getting Kendall Milton and Darnell Washington."”

Now, not saying Kipp is lying or the guy isn’t saying what he believes to be true just not convincing enough for me to share, or not to being it as a homer post. If I knew who that ‘source’ was, might be different but seems like that would go on a home board, not here.

💡 moment for me (yes, I’m slow):

I now realize your name is actually SEC King and not Secking. (If it’s really secking, don’t ruin my moment).

1562181071581.gif

You do a fine job posting here. Thanks for all the info you bring.👍

End of the day, it doesn't matter where anyone verbally commits to at this point. When the season starts, and kids get to see how programs have either gotten better, worse, or stayed the same, there's always the chance they re-evaluate their options. It's about where they see themselves fitting in best, both personally and football-wise. Nothing is certain until the signature is obtained. If UT has a good season, we'll turn some heads IMO.

Not all committs are =. H King when he committs... it WILL be done. Hence, the delay. Jarrett ... that one will go till the ink is dry. jmo.

Reactions: nesbuddha66
Neither GA or Ala have used TE's with lots of regularity. I know Chaney loves using TE's, but my bet is Kirby didn't let Chaney rn the offense the way he wanted to. Which is one of the numerous reasons Chaney left when Pruitt came calling. Plus Jim and his wife both love Knoxville. Pruitt and Kirby's offer were very close as far as money goes. Kirby is supposed to be a D-Bagg to work under and CJP is giving Chaney full offensive control. You definitely don't leave one school to take a job at a another one thats in a rebuild and comparable pay...Unless you are being micro managed by the HC, who also has the reputation for being a D/@$ to work for.

I can see why an elite recruit would have Ala on their list because of Saban and the success he's had. But even Nick has been heavily criticized for under using TE's and doubt that changes with Sark being the OC. How an OC could mess up an offense with Matty Ice and Juilio Jones is beyond me. Definitely a reason Atlanta fired Sark and Kyle Flood. Then Saban hires Flood as the OL Coach and Sarkisian as the OC. Not Saban's 2 best hires.

Now take Chaney's 4 yrs at TN under Kiffin and Dooley. All 4 yrs a TE finished either #2 or #3 in total receptions. Stocker for 2 yrs then Rivera the last 2. In 4 yrs, TE's caught 171 passes with Chaney calling the plays. Chaneys 2 yrs as OC at Arkansas his TE's caught 90 passes. The first year his TE was #2 on the team in receptions and the second year his TE's were #2 and #3 ion the team n receptions. He then went to Pitt for one year as their OC. That year their TE's were #3 and #5 in receptions on the team. Lastly his 3 yrs as the OC for Ga. Had Nauta at TE, who was #3 on the team in receptions with 29 and that was about it for TE Receptions in yr one.Year 2 his TE was #7 and #8 in team receptions with Nauta and Woerner catching 9 each. Last year Nauta was #4 on the team with 30 receptions and Woerner #7 with 11 Receptions.

Last year at Ala the top receiving TE was #4 in receptions, with 40, in '17 he was #7 with 14, in '16 he was #3 with 45, in '15 he was #3 with 38, in '14 he was #4 with 17, in '13 he was #6 with 14 and another was #10 with 8, in '12 he was #4 with 24. So i can maybe see a TE going to Ala and getting some catches but definitely not GA. If production is at the top of importance in choosing a school then playing for Pruitt and a Chaney offense is a way better choice than playing in a Kirby Smart offense. Even Ala will pretty much just throw to oneTE the majority of the time, while Chaney has shown he likes to use multiple as pass catchers. Sorry for the length of this but if you're a recieving TE then picking the Offense under Chaney over Smart is a no brainer. Really over Saban's too, because of how Jim likes to use multiple TE's to throw the ball to. Plus the added bonus of having the reigning Recruiter of the Year as your TE Coach. Sounds like great selling points and early playing time we can offer. Obviously Ala and Clemson are the sexy pick because you are in the NC talk every season, but really only a few schools could even offer that. Not to mention most schools can only sign 25 most years. Definitely lots of reasons for Gilbert and Washington to atleast very seriously consider TN.
One of the most important things was left out. Bama has had 2 TEs drafted in the 1st or 2nd round in 2 of the last 3 drafts. One those kids was a 3star. We can say OJ was a 5star so he should have been drafted high but the same could be said for 5 star Nauta who was drafted in the 7th round. Development factor there.

Reactions: buckfama
One of the most important things was left out. Bama has had 2 TEs drafted in the 1st or 2nd round in 2 of the last 3 drafts. One those kids was a 3star. We can say OJ was a 5star so he should have been drafted high but the same could be said for 5 star Nauta who was drafted in the 7th round. Development factor there.
What happened to Nauta? He was the best tight end coming out of high school.

Alabama hasn't given a **** about TEs since Kiffin left...

Reactions: PA Vol
What happened to Nauta? He was the best tight end coming out of high school.
Kirby "Butch" Smart happened. These kids will start hitching their wagons elsewhere once guys like Quay Walker leave campus underdeveloped. He already have a many prospects on the underdeveloped list.

Kirby "Butch" Smart happened. These kids will start hitching their wagons elsewhere once guys like Quay Walker leave campus underdeveloped. He already have a many prospects on the underdeveloped list.
Wasn't Chaney his position coach last year and OC the last 3 years? Screw Kirby and his outdated hair-do, but since we acquired Chaney we are sort of leading with the chin on the Nauta underdevelopment argument. It seems Nauta is a classic case of a junior who jumped, but should have stayed in school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back