‘23 NV RB Will Stallings

This kid is a physical specimen -- wants to play in Neyland, has a lot of upside, and is definitely a 3rd-4th down back... By the time he is a sophomore, he will readily be inserted into the offense to wear ANY defense down in the 4th... We keep our O line in tact the next few years and he will eat. Looks like with the very low body fat currently, he will easily put on another 8-10lbs and be a Mack Truck... We work on pass protection and no LB or Edge is running this kid over... really like the pickup.

Since when? The Pruitt years?

We were better last year on 3rd and short runs than any of the Pruitt years. This system is very good for picking up SY, because quick guys are so effective at it out of this offense. Actually better than old school bruising style (because of our scheme). Adding a really tough runner to our already elite scheme could make it even deadlier. The RB just has to have quick first step burst and slip through the line and not plow into guys. Sounds like this guy has the vision for it AND could break a tackle in case someone does get to him right at the line.
Better maybe, but we needed just one yard late in losses to Pitt and Purdue.

Reactions: RiseToTheTop
Better maybe, but we needed just one yard late in losses to Pitt and Purdue.
Both games were terrible officiating calls. Pitt game, Hooker had the first down in the previous play. The spot was nearly 2 yards behind where he went out of bounds. Of course, we all know what happened in the Purdue game.

Love the idea of a bruiser back - but how many of those short yardage failures this past season were because of the RB or just complete failure of the OLine? What do y’all think ?

Love the idea of a bruiser back - but how many of those short yardage failures this past season were because of the RB or just complete failure of the OLine? What do y’all think ?
A little of both, but mostly because we used three star true freshman scatback Jaylen Wright almost everytime...

A little of both, but mostly because we used three star true freshman scatback Jaylen Wright almost everytime...
I don’t understand why we used our smallest RB in those situations - that needs to change. But I have to bet that the majority of those situations weren’t going to go for first down anyways no matter who the back was. The blocking was abysmal and telegraphed.

Bruh it’s literally a question for a message board. I love this commit. What’s up yours ?
What's up yours? My post is about things you've said in multiple threads. The answer to your question of last years failures is a little of both. But a competent bruiser can get you one yard when things break down in many cases.

Reactions: Orange. and butchna
Both games were terrible officiating calls. Pitt game, Hooker had the first down in the previous play. The spot was nearly 2 yards behind where he went out of bounds. Of course, we all know what happened in the Purdue game.
And Oklahoma! Oh wait Butch decided to kick a field goal at home from the 6 inch line with Hurd at RB. Sorry I can't let it go.

What's up yours? My post is about things you've said in multiple threads. The answer to your question of last years failures is a little of both. But a competent bruiser can get you one yard when things break down in many cases.
You completely missed an opportunity. When he asked what was up yours. I would have replied ‘why, you want me to loan it to you?’ Dude is like a dog that’s found it’s favorite bone and won’t give it up.

You completely missed an opportunity. When he asked what was up yours. I would have replied ‘why, you want me to loan it to you?’ Dude is like a dog that’s found it’s favorite bone and won’t give it up.
So his favorite bone is up yours???

I don't judge.

Reactions: hjeagle1vol
I know. I chose to take the high road, instead of saying what immediately popped into my head. Adulting is hard 🤣

VN Store

Back