'20 NV ILB Vai Kaho (San Diego State commit)

Yeah...and I think Ricky Vaughn..or maybe Jackson 🤷‍♂️ was the other...it's been a minute, and I was in the middle of my own personal lost decade at the time..so 🤷‍♂️
sam mills was a great player for Saints, went to the panthers, and now there's a staue of him outside the stadium it that tells you anything...he was special. dude was a beast on the field, and great leader......when he was going thru his cancer treatments he would tell the players that he's just got to keep pounding away at it, and during that, the team adopted "Keep Pounding" as a creed of sorts...and now it's stuck and basically the offical battle cry of the panthers....they beat that big as drum, "keep pounding" is in embrodered on the jersey collars.....painted on the walls...the crowd chants it

he's a big deal here......

I will be interested to see if TN brings in Vai Kaho this weekend. Kaho’s team is still playing and so he may not be able to make it out have ample time for a visit. Might look for him to visit in December.
AP

Update by Basilio's "X" the recruiting source:

Vai Keho, 6’ 210 lbs. Bishop Manogue High School, Reno, Nevada. Keho is currently committed to Nevada. Quietly, Tennessee is surging here. The head coach loves this kid because he is fast and versatile and can play all 4 linebacker positions. Coach Pruitt and Niedermeyer have a relationship with Keho and family back to their time at Alabama. Keho is taking an official visit to Tennessee for the Vanderbilt game. Keho appears to be down to three teams: Nevada, Colorado, and Tennessee. If Keho decides distance is not an issue, Tennessee has a great shot here. Tennessee will know soon after Keho’s visit. Keho intends to sign on December 18.

Full rundown of all defensive prospects at the link below. I like that Colorado is after him, Mel Tucker knows what a linebacker looks like.

The Tony Basilio Show

Update by Basilio's "X" the recruiting source:

Vai Keho, 6’ 210 lbs. Bishop Manogue High School, Reno, Nevada. Keho is currently committed to Nevada. Quietly, Tennessee is surging here. The head coach loves this kid because he is fast and versatile and can play all 4 linebacker positions. Coach Pruitt and Niedermeyer have a relationship with Keho and family back to their time at Alabama. Keho is taking an official visit to Tennessee for the Vanderbilt game. Keho appears to be down to three teams: Nevada, Colorado, and Tennessee. If Keho decides distance is not an issue, Tennessee has a great shot here. Tennessee will know soon after Keho’s visit. Keho intends to sign on December 18.

Full rundown of all defensive prospects at the link below. I like that Colorado is after him, Mel Tucker knows what a linebacker looks like.

The Tony Basilio Show
I mean misspelled his name all the way through but sure

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
.... Right below how many stars a high school kid has next to his name
Because it doesn’t matter at all right? It’s not as if Bama, LSU, UGA, Clemson, Ohio State all consistently finish top 10. No correlation at all.

Stars don’t matter club are the most schizophrenic bunch around here. I expect to find them calculating where UT’s class will finish round about Dec. 18.

Because it doesn’t matter at all right? It’s not as if Bama, LSU, UGA, Clemson, Ohio State all consistently finish top 10. No correlation at all.

Stars don’t matter club are the most schizophrenic bunch around here. I expect to find them calculating where UT’s class will finish round about Dec. 18.
I've literally never seen anyone on here say that "stars don't matter". Of course they do. The teams who land the highest recruiting classes generally are the best teams in the country.

When you see us laughing at star ratings it is based upon individual players. Trey Smith and Henry To were 4 stars. That's bull. They were both 5 star talents. Harrison Bailey is a 4 star. That's bull. he's clearly a 5 star talent. Reggie Grimes is a borderline 5 star. And yet no top school in the country will take him. He's having to settle for SC or Vandy. He is not a 5 star or even 4 star talent, at least in the evaluation of top schools. So in these cases, the star ratings are bogus.

With Kaho, would we rather have Justin Flowe? Yes. But Justin Flowe isn't coming here. So what now? We can sit around and whine that we might take Kaho, who is a 3 star, over Tisdol, who is barely a 4 star, because it doesn't help our ranking. Or, we could stop and think, "you know, Pruitt is a defensive coach who knows defensive talent. If he prefers Kaho over Tisdol, why would I, sitting on my couch eating Cheetos, think that I know better?" That's what were' doing.

I've literally never seen anyone on here say that "stars don't matter". Of course they do. The teams who land the highest recruiting classes generally are the best teams in the country.

When you see us laughing at ranking is based upon individual players. Trey Smith and Henry To were 4 stars. That's bull. They were both 5 star talents. Harrison Bailey is a 4 star. That's bull. he's clearly a 5 star talent. Reggie Grimes is a borderline 5 star. And yet no top school in the country will take him. He's having to settle for SC or Vandy. He is not a 5 star or even 4 star talent, at least in the evaluation of top schools. So in these cases, the star ratings are bogus.

With Kaho, would we rather have Justin Flowe? Yes. But Justin Flowe isn't coming here. So what now? We can sit around and whine that we might take Kaho, who is a 3 star, over Tisdol, who is barely a 4 star, because it doesn't help our ranking. Or, we could stop and think, "you know, Pruitt is a defensive coach who knows defensive talent. If he prefers Kaho over Tisdol, why would I, sitting on my couch eating Cheetos, think that I know better?" That's what were' doing.
That’s fine man there’s nothing you just said that is unreasonable.

Still want Tisdol over Kaho but if Tisdol wants to go to Auburn and Kaho wants to come here then bring me Kaho. I would hardly characterize such a position as whining. If I wanted that definition I’d read your posts after the Hardy incident 😉. (I kid, I kid)

That’s fine man there’s nothing you just said that is unreasonable.

Still want Tisdol over Kaho but if Tisdol wants to go to Auburn and Kaho wants to come here then bring me Kaho. I would hardly characterize such a position as whining. If I wanted that definition I’d read your posts after the Hardy incident 😉. (I kid, I kid)
Nah, it's true. Hardy ticked me off man, I won't deny it. I wasn't accusing you of personally of whining, just explaining that there's a difference between the Vandy fan saying stars don't matter because they recruit in the 60's and us on here saying who cares if Kaho is ranked a 3 star if Pruitt wants him. If we are ranked 21 in recruiting in February everyone on here will be upset. But at the same time we can recognize that the recruiting services miss on individual players all the time.

Nevada linebacker commit Vai Kaho has rescheduled his OV with the Vols for December. With a playoff game Friday night, Kaho didn’t want a quick visit this weekend, and Tennessee concurred, wanting the 3-star linebacker to maximize his time on a visit in a few weeks. Colorado has become a factor here but Tennessee feels good about its chances to flip the linebacker should Kaho have a quality OV.

-VQ

VN Store

Back