'20 NV ILB Vai Kaho (San Diego State commit)

Far closer to home and Mel is only a few plays away from being 8-3. I imagine his upcoming OV will weigh heavily on his final decision. The game day environments aren't comparable. It'll be Thanksgiving and most students will have gone home and we will still have a larger crowd than anything CU can field.

Last edited:
I’m willing to defend everything I say to you keyboard warriors who band together and support each other like a weight watchers support forum, and squash opposing ideas like Goebbels on his period. If it winds u up so much go ahead and hit that ignore button ya Summer’s Eve value packs.

Kaho run a 4.9 according to his profile. He’s also gonna need another 15 lbs or more to play LB in the SEC. Is he gonna maintain speed when he puts on weight? Better hope so, cause that’s already slow.

I highly doubt with the resources and access through social media available today that he’s some hidden gem playing where he got no exposure. Reno is a good size city. Which means most likely nearly every PAC-12 school looked at him and passed.

It’s a cause for a pause when looking at a prospect. But hey, impressive highlight video.

These are all fair points.

I'll just say kids get missed even in this current era of camps and televised high school games, recruiting websites, etc.

Not sure why he hasn't gotten more attention. A team like UTAH should be all over this kid. But the NFL is littered with small school kids that didn't get offers from the big leagues.

All I know is...he plays QB and is physical and is fast. He ain't no 4.9 on the field. That dude gets to the ball in a hurry and with bad intentions. That other ILB spot is wide open. If he gains 15 lbs he can contribute next year. The ability to play QB means he can digest and process more information better than most.

I'm not sure I buy the "he's slow" stuff so much anyone can run a bad 40 at camp it happens.

What is impressive is he has a fast shuttle time at 4.39 (as fast as 4.26) and puts him in the same realm as Justin Flowe, the #2 rated ILB in the nation. Fitz & company can make him bigger, faster, & stronger so those things are less of a concern. He can add 10-15 pretty easily and get faster while doing it with our S&C program.

What is harder to gain is his football IQ. We see the huge benefits from having someone at ILB with that high IQ already in Henry T. Kaho won't be a day 1 starter, but he also doesn't have to be. But he'll benefit at ton from Henry T being on campus to mentor him.

I'm not sure I buy the "he's slow" stuff so much anyone can run a bad 40 at camp it happens.

What is impressive is he has a fast shuttle time at 4.39 (as fast as 4.26) and puts him in the same realm as Justin Flowe, the #2 rated ILB in the nation. Fitz & company can make him bigger, faster, & stronger so those things are less of a concern. He can add 10-15 pretty easily and get faster while doing it with our S&C program.

What is harder to gain is his football IQ. We see the huge benefits from having someone at ILB with that high IQ already in Henry T. Kaho won't be a day 1 starter, but he also doesn't have to be. But he'll benefit at ton from Henry T being on campus to mentor him.
I said this last night. Having Toot and Q will help our Linebacker corps for years to come. They will help with grasping the playbook and game speed. The one position I'm not worried about who we get.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
VR2 acting like this kid gets the spot if he commits before Tisdol. Not for that at all. Tell this kid to wait, if Tisdol goes elsewhere then we can get Kaho in. Don’t jump the gun and tell Tisdol no room at the inn. This is all assuming we’d have room for Whitehead regardless.

VR2 acting like this kid gets the spot if he commits before Tisdol. Not for that at all. Tell this kid to wait, if Tisdol goes elsewhere then we can get Kaho in. Don’t jump the gun and tell Tisdol no room at the inn. This is all assuming we’d have room for Whitehead regardless.
I'll let Pruitt know your preference

well, there's room right now for 2 of those three i think.

and i do know tisdol is visiting auburn this weekend, still hoping for that committable offer....we're the back up plan, or one of hte back up plans for him.

Kaho and Whitehead are gonna be in town next weekend for the vandy game.

i say if they both want in...........done. make it happen. can't wait forever on tisdol, and if Auburn never comes thru, and he wants in, then we either take him and make room or tell him "sorry no vacancy".

it's just getting to that time of year.....it's getting late....lights are flashing, someones gonna be calling for last call soon.....lol.

of course, that only works if Kaho and LW both want in. apparently Colorado is very much in play for Kaho.....so we'll see.

VN Store

Back