‘23 NV CB Jeremiah Hughes

I guess we want more CBs. Is it because we're worried we might lose one we have committed, or they just want more for depth?

Reactions: Vol_Ball37367
I guess we want more CBs. Is it because we're worried we might lose one we have committed, or they just want more for depth?
I think they want to quickly upgrade the speed and length of our DB's and we only signed two high school DB's last class. We moved a WR recruit to safety as a result.

The way AP made it sound on the podcast yesterday it seems more about their current roster than any belief that they may lose one. He said they want to take 4

I’m for it. The cornerback position needs a HUGE upgrade in competition. Even if they aren’t all day one contributors, there has to be some push from the back for the starters. Burrell has hung around and I appreciate his work and performance, but if he’s our CB1, then that tells me everything I need to know about that room.

I’m talking about Tim Banks as a coordinator. Not Jeremy Banks the player
Yeah. I recognized that you were blaming the players as an excuse for him. I'm not against him. But his playcalling and to a degree his scheme are a potential concern. IMO a more reasonable concern than Jeremy Banks in coverage. I don't think UT is good at CB right now. That may limit what he can do. Hadden is their best cover guy but needs more experience. The guy with the knowledge and experience is being targeted by opponents because his cover skills leave something to be desired.

But you are harping on the LB's as a pass coverage liability. Frankly... I'm not seeing that. JB put his hands on passes 2 or 3 times. He was doing his job. UT got a couple of tough bounces... but keep tipping passes at the LOS and you'll get incompletions and INT's more often than completions.

VN Store

Back