Number of available scholarships for the 2020 class remaining?

NighthawkVol

By my count, Tennessee is full.
-21 signees
-Two transfers (Mays and Jones, Jr.)
-2 committed (Williamson and Miller)

Obviously, Tennessee will take Beckwith, so he would replace Miller or Williamson. But I get the feeling both could be recruited over.

So am I correct in thinking we're at our limit, but would take upgrades with those two scholarships?

Edit: I see Miller decommitted on 1/20. So we're at 24, with the possibility of losing Williamson, if I am correct.

Last edited:
-21 signees

Obviously, Tennessee will take Beckwith, so he would replace Miller or Williamson. But I get the feeling both could be recruited over.

So am I correct in thinking we're at our limit, but would take upgrades with those two scholarships?

Edit: I see Miller decommitted on 1/20. So we're at 24, with the possibility of losing Williamson, if I am correct.

I may be wrong, but Jones was a grad transfer and I don’t think they count toward the recruiting class, only the scholarship limit.

I may be wrong, but Jones was a grad transfer and I don’t think they count toward the recruiting class, only the scholarship limit.

Grad Transfers count:

Quote from the article:

"A scholarship player signed out of high school counts as an initial. So does a junior college transfer. And so do transfers from four-year schools—be they undergraduates or graduate students. "

https://www.si.com/college/2019/02/18/transfer-portal-scholarship-limits-initial-counter-rule

-21 signees

We have 2 spots for sure as Miller walked already and Williamson is waffling..

View attachment 256076

What's up with Navy? They just do whatever they want?.........typical govt entity I guess 🤣🤣
There is no such thing as an athletic scholarship. All service academy members are brought on with full scholarships, so the number is waived. They also have to be under a certain weight and have certain GPA requirements, so a very different criteria for those guys.

I would expect a few guys will transfer out. Williamson will be told to look elsewhere if somebody else wants in. Only the coaches really know how it will all shake out.

There is no such thing as an athletic scholarship. All service academy members are brought on with full scholarships, so the number is waived. They also have to be under a certain weight and have certain GPA requirements, so a very different criteria for those guys.

In all seriousness I've never paid attention to service academies and their recruiting before, but this makes sense. Thanks for the info. Learn something new every day.

Reactions: BadgerVol!
How are other teams taking more than 25. We are way short of the 85 total, it will be hard to get back to 85.

No. We are not short of the 85 total. The numbers were posted in a thread that Freak made a few weeks back. We will need to lose several people this spring to get down to 85 while taking a full class of 25.

His comment: Update 1/9/20: added Cade Mays, Velus Jones and Trey Smith (had assumed he wouldn't return). By my count that puts us at 69 scholarship players. We signed 21 during the early signing period, which makes 90.

Let's look at scholarship numbers

Reactions: preacherwebb
I am hearing rumors that Zach Evans is visiting Knoxville this weekend. Any legitimacy to this?

We have 2 spots available right now I believe. It’s gonna be between Dee, Zach, and Widemen. Can prob take all three and count it against the grain

VN Store

Back