NPR & ABC News segments on Pat today

kamoshika

There's no finer representative of Tennessee than Coach Summit, and I hope she's with us for many more years than Alzheimer's typically permits.

"When I first was diagnosed, I was in disbelief," Summitt tells NPR's Linda Wertheimer. "But after that, I knew what I was facing, and I wanted to get it out there. And that's exactly what I did."

She went public with her diagnosis, and it's the first story she tells in her new memoir, Sum It Up. Co-authored with sports writer Sally Jenkins, Summitt's memoir captures her life story even as her memories fade. Summitt and Jenkins join Wertheimer to talk about Summitt's youth on a farm, the transformative power of Title IX, and her life post-diagnosis.

Author Interview: Pat Summitt And Sally Jenkins, Authors Of 'Sum It Up' : NPR (audio link at top of page)

Pat Summit Faces Personal Challenges Off-Court | Video - ABC News

Pat's a legend. This is really sad and hate it for Tyler as he's only 22 or 23 years old. It'd be really hard to lose your parents at that age.

ALWAYS a scary proposition when NPR does anything but hopefully they will leave their agendas aside and do a decent story......hopefully!!!!!

The NPR interview was great. It was striking how articulate Pat sounded and at the same time sad when she talked about not being able to remember specific games.

VN Store

Back