Now that CJP is believed to be staying.... [wins next year]

0. Doesnt’ matter what his record is. The extension ensured that he will be here for the next 2 years at least. Getting assistants this year will require at least a 2 year contract, so buyouts would again stop any thoughts of cleaning house. Pruitt through 22.
That’s actually what I believe to be true

Reactions: Grey_pilgrim
How many wins saves his job next year?

Try to remember this isn’t what the fans think should be the number. I think 9 should be the floor. This is what we think the university will actually require. This goes beyond Fulmer. I believe the administration simply doesn’t care. I think my university is so inept and cares so little about winning that 7 and maybe even 6 gives us another year of CJP.

And the garbage continues.

Newsflash for the Pruitt ⛽ s. He will never beat Georgia, Florida, and Ala. Or Texas A&M, or LSU

Reactions: Grey_pilgrim
0. Doesnt’ matter what his record is. The extension ensured that he will be here for the next 2 years at least. Getting assistants this year will require at least a 2 year contract, so buyouts would again stop any thoughts of cleaning house. Pruitt through 22.
I think you're right but I really don't want to like that thought. I'll like some other random post you make instead.

I’ll say they win 6 or 7

To stay he should need 8 or more and be competitive in ALL of the rest of them.

If were all lucky he’ll be gone and we can possibly see what a competent coach could do.

Well AL, FL and GA are for sure losses. I think we lose to Missouri, KY and Ole Miss too. So 2 SEC wins and hopefully 4 cake walks for bowl eligibility, a bonus and extension for JP and PF, TN football at its finest!

Try to remember this isn’t what the fans think should be the number. I think 9 should be the floor. This is what we think the university will actually require. This goes beyond Fulmer. I believe the administration simply doesn’t care. I think my university is so inept and cares so little about winning that 7 and maybe even 6 gives us another year of CJP.

Staying?! I'll have you know I've read on this very forum people with inside connections! And they've dropped hibts for weeks about Freeze! Also, Pruitt is getting his walking papers Saturday, uh they meant Sunday, well, they mean today!! MIT even dropped hints!!

I’ll say they win 6 or 7

To stay he should need 8 or more and be competitive in ALL of the rest of them.

If were all lucky he’ll be gone and we can possibly see what a competent coach could do.
Looking at the schedule and seeing the product this year I'd be happy if they win over 4 games. Just being honest.

Tennessee aspires to have .500 seasons and if you look at the SEC records for the last 10 years, .500 would be a great improvement....
Truth
Yea that was kind of my point. Consistent 6-6 or 7-5 finishes would be drastic improvement over what we have getting which is why he would be around awhile.

My favorite part is all the psychic people who know exactly what is happening behind the scenes and all the various machinations of board members, but can't provide any source material or corroborating evidence.

For all some of you know, your deep and abiding belief that this is about booster egos and power dynamics could just be bad moonshine. Or last night's Arby's.

Reactions: tnutater
Looking at the schedule and seeing the product this year I'd be happy if they win over 4 games. Just being honest.

I understand about this season.......but:

Bowling Green
Pitt (6-5 this year)
South Bama (4-7)
Kentucky
Missouri
Mississippi (4-5)
SC (fired coach)
Vandy (fired coach)

If Tennessee can’t pick up some wins next year.........they should just tap out.

4 wins shouldn’t make anyone happy........not saying the schedule is easy, or Tennessee is good.......cause they aren’t........but that schedule is much easier than this year.

Is it a normal schedule or another SEC only schedule? Normal schedule I'd guess 6-6 or 7-5. SEC only? 3-7 or 4-6.

The SEC only schedule really exposes your weaknesses. You don't get the easier games against non-conferences teams to get your guys more reps. It also looks worse on paper when you don't get your traditional 3-4 gimme wins.

But who knows what the staff will look like next year. It sounds like there may be some changes even with Pruitt's return. If Friend and Weinke are in their same roles, I think that accounts for at least 2-3 losses based on what we've seen so far.

Is it a normal schedule or another SEC only schedule? Normal schedule I'd guess 6-6 or 7-5. SEC only? 3-7 or 4-6.

The SEC only schedule really exposes your weaknesses. You don't get the easier games against non-conferences teams to get your guys more reps. It also looks worse on paper when you don't get your traditional 3-4 gimme wins.

But who knows what the staff will look like next year. It sounds like there may be some changes even with Pruitt's return. If Friend and Weinke are in their same roles, I think that accounts for at least 2-3 losses based on what we've seen so far.

No idea as of yet, but if we play remotely close to how we did this year and it is a regular schedule, 2-10 or 3-9 is not out of the question.

Why can’t they just firmly announce if he’s gonna be back or not. They are driving everyone who loves and is around the program insane. Just come out and piss in our cheerios already

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
If the investigation reveals any kind of level 1, level 2, or multiple level 3 violations and he's not fired with cause at that point, you know we are going to keep him next year regardless of record. Because he lost 7 games this year in historic fashion and allowed every top player in Tennessee to be raided by our rivals. His job performance is an absolute failure. With NCAA violations noted prior, his buyout is 0. We can move on scot free. There's absolutely no excuse to keep him at that point unless the admin is just so apathetic about football that it's not remotely a priority.

He needs to shadow Barnes with pen and paper And figure out how to have a disciplined program, how to get guys to buy in and trust each other , and how to develop guys , right now if he can’t do those things we’re looking a 5 wins

8 or better or the guy has to go. Plenty of time to build his program with his players and his staff. Really shouldn't be any excuses next year, especially with the upcoming schedule. Even at 8 I think there's talk about the following season being 9+ or it's time to move on. Program is in the dumps right now for sure, but I don't think it's so far gone it can't be saved.

VN Store

Back