November in the past

I remember when November games were automatic wins for Tennessee. We never had to worry about winning those 4 games every year. I can't wait to get back to that feeling again.

That was Majors' favorite quote, "They remember what you do in November." Luckily for Johnny it meant Ole Miss, OOC Cream-puff (for the most part), UK, and Vandy.

That was Majors' favorite quote, "They remember what you do in November." Luckily for Johnny it meant Ole Miss, OOC Cream-puff (for the most part), UK, and Vandy.

I was in Knoxville for the UT - Notre Dame game in Nov of '90 (I think). It was an instant ESPN classic. NFL talent all over the field. UT #13 and ND #5 - although UT lost, the lead changed hands 4-5 times. It was a great game.

Reactions: Boca Vol
I was in Knoxville for the UT - Notre Dame game in Nov of '90 (I think). It was an instant ESPN classic. NFL talent all over the field. UT #13 and ND #5 - although UT lost, the lead changed hands 4-5 times. It was a great game.
That was a great game, indeed. That weekend had the persona of a NC game. I remember how the crowd cheered ND's band when they performed their pre-game show but it was deafening when the POTS hit the field.

UT lost, but what an atmosphere that day!

Best seat I've ever had for a UT game. 45 yard line half way up. Perfect view.
The Rocket was the difference.

Reactions: NATHAN05
Best seat I've ever had for a UT game. 45 yard line half way up. Perfect view.
The Rocket was the difference.

The Rocket was off the chain!!! He had a kick-off return for a TD that was unbelievable. He literally bounced off defenders.

I remember when November games were automatic wins for Tennessee. We never had to worry about winning those 4 games every year. I can't wait to get back to that feeling again.
That Ole Miss, Kentucky, Vandy finish probably saved Johnny Majors' job about 3 times. Those teams were all awful.

VN Store

Back