Notre Dame Cathedral In Flames

Hate to see this. We are headed to Europe in June and this was on the list.

Just face it, you're as dumb as Trump.
Yeah, I guess I am cause I would have tried to use them had they been available. But you libbies like to burn stuff though so I can understand your resistance to an idea that might work.

Reactions: AM64
That's OK to think that, or even wonder that aloud when in a room with your aides, or something. I just wouldn't have tweeted it or said it publicly. Pretty sure dumping that much water on a burning building, especially one as old as that one, would just collapse the whole thing. There's a reason they only use those in forest fires.

He just says things sometimes that are perfectly OK to wonder, or say to your buddies because they won't be misinterpreted, or something like that. Just because you think something doesn't mean you have to say it though.
And what condition is it in now?

Let me guess, it was no big deal and overblown? But trumps tweet huge deal? Sound about right?

Never claimed Trump's tweet was a big deal. Just another idiotic tweet from him. He can't resist an opportunity to show his ass.

You might have a point.... except the Trump insinuated himself into the discussion by tweeting.

You can't have it both ways.
So Trump posted into this discussion on VN???? @Freak you got Trump on here???

Or could it be LG, that you put him in the discussion on VN because of your known man crush?

Not good, but at least parts of it are still standing. I don't think anything at all would be left if you dropped millions of gallons of water on it from an airplane or helicopter.

Perhaps I'm just drawing a blank, but I don't recall seeing aerial water drops to extinguish a structural fire.

Perhaps I'm just drawing a blank, but I don't recall seeing aerial water drops to extinguish a structural fire.
Definitely not from an airplane, because it'd be so hard to control where the water went. That works well when you want to drop the water indiscriminately over a large area, like a forest fire. It seems like perhaps you could drop it over a confined area from a chopper, but then you'd collapse the building.

Anyway, regardless of whether it can be done, that's beside the point. That's fine for Donald to wonder to himself, or privately, if a plane could be used. It's just dumb for his first public reaction to it to essentially be "Yeah, that's sad, can't they get a water plane out there though?"

Reactions: MercyPercy
Yep and maybe, just maybe just because it wasn't used doesn't mean it wouldn't have helped. For Christ sakes the place burned to the ground, kind of hard to do much more damage.

Reactions: AM64
The President of the United States cannot expect to tweet about world events and have his critics ignore it, especially when he does so stupidly, as here.

Those of you crying about him being chastised and stomping your feet in feigned outrage over it need to put your loyalty to Trump to the side and recognize he brought this all on himself.

What's sillier? Suggesting using a tanker to put out a fire, or creating 7 states that don't exist?

People misspeak all the time, even Presidents. A historical landmark is on fire and some still use it as a chance to attack Trump. Seriously? Grow the **** up, people. Misplaced TDS. Save it for something that's actually political, not tragic.

The President of the United States cannot expect to tweet about world events and have his critics ignore it, especially when he does so stupidly, as here.

Those of you crying about him being chastised and stomping your feet in feigned outrage over it need to put your loyalty to Trump to the side and recognize he brought this all on himself.

Your priorities are all kind of screwed if you consider Trump's tweet to be the story, and not the loss of a storied cathedral.

Your priorities are all kind of screwed if you consider Trump's tweet to be the story, and not the loss of a storied cathedral.

Nice try.

They are BOTH stories. If Trump wanted this to be about ONLY the loss of that historic place, then he should either have kept his fat mouth shut and stayed off of Twitter, or at worst simply tweeted some kind of general support for the firefighters battling the blaze.

Its when his ego demanded that he weigh in on how to do it that he, as usual, was in WAY over his head and made himself look downright foolish.

VN Store

Back