Noticing Actors/Actresses from other movies

Watching two weeks notice and the (new) lawyer who is a red head played in Justified.

I’ve seen Band of Brothers more times than I’d care to admit. I just realized last time (last month) that Michael Fassbender is in it.

Reactions: Godfatha
Does anyone see or watch movies or T.V. shows and enjoy figuring out what other movies or shows actors have been in?
I don't like the color episodes of The Andy Griffith Show, so there are several I haven't seen. However, I saw one recently and recognized a young Jack Nicholson playing a guy standing trial for robbery. Aunt Bea was a juror convinced of his innocence. In a rather absurd twist, Andy helps prove Aunt Bea right and he is acquitted. Jack thanks her at the end. It must have been just before Easy Rider.

Recently noticed Dan Akroyd is briefly in "Indiana Jones Temple of Doom" opening scene.

Also, Hank from Breaking Bad, was one of the officers sent in to take down the Terminator at the software facility in T2 Judgement Day.

I’ve seen Band of Brothers more times than I’d care to admit. I just realized last time (last month) that Michael Fassbender is in it.
Also James McAvoy, Soup from Lock Stock, Tommy from Snatch, Donnie Wahlberg. Quite a few who I didn’t know were in other things at the time or we’re going to become more famous.

I don't like the color episodes of The Andy Griffith Show, so there are several I haven't seen. However, I saw one recently and recognized a young Jack Nicholson playing a guy standing trial for robbery. Aunt Bea was a juror convinced of his innocence. In a rather absurd twist, Andy helps prove Aunt Bea right and he is acquitted. Jack thanks her at the end. It must have been just before Easy Rider.

AGS had a bunch of them.

Awww, yes. Robert Redford was in one of the series best episodes - "Nothing in the Dark" from season 3. Robert Duvall was in one of the boring hour long episodes. Burt Reynolds was in the William Shakespeare episode.

Wasn't Shatner in the plane one with the gremlin?

Wasn't Shatner in the plane one with the gremlin?
Yep, that episode "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet" and the one with Telly Savalas and Talky Tina "Living Doll" are probably the two most famous episodes from the original series... but Shatner was also in another episode called "Nick of Time" about a couple freaked out by a toy fortune teller in a restaurant that was really good too.

When The Twilight Zone was made into a movie (that cut off Vic Morrow's head) in 1983, they included a remake of "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet" with John Lithgow.

I fancy myself an authority on the original series. I've seen every episode multiple times. I lead an exciting social life, if you couldn't tell.

Yep, that episode "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet" and the one with Telly Savalas and Talky Tina "Living Doll" are probably the two most famous episodes from the original series... but Shatner was also in another episode called "Nick of Time" about a couple freaked out by a toy fortune teller in a restaurant that was really good too.

When The Twilight Zone was made into a movie (that cut off Vic Morrow's head) in 1983, they included a remake of "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet" with John Lithgow.

I fancy myself an authority on the original series. I've seen every episode multiple times. I lead an exciting social life, if you couldn't tell.

I always remembered Burgess Meredith in the episode where he just wants to read and survives the nuclear war or whatever and breaks his glasses.

Although I'm pretty sure he could find another pair of reading glasses....

I always remembered Burgess Meredith in the episode where he just wants to read and survives the nuclear war or whatever and breaks his glasses.

Although I'm pretty sure he could find another pair of reading glasses....
Loved Burgess Meredith in The Grumpy old Men Movies

Does anyone see or watch movies or T.V. shows and enjoy figuring out what other movies or shows actors have been in?

Yes and no. If it takes me out of the movie/show then it’s kinda annoying. I like realizing it after the fact.

One day I actually went through and checked out the Bond girls. Some had success in other movies but most did not.

Reactions: GroverCleveland

In the episode following the Battle of the Bulge episodes where Colin Hanks plays the Lieutenant fresh from West Point there’s a scene where they leave a German soldier wounded on the River embankment shouting. The guy doing the shouting is actually Tom Hanks.

I know Jerry was on an episode.

I was blown away when I found out that Denver Pyle (Briscoe Darling Jr.) was Uncle Jesse in the Dukes of Hazzard.
Watching "Ride A Crooked Trail" on Grit and saw Joanna Moore who played Andy's girlfriend Peggy in several episodes. I've seen that movie 2 or 3 times before and never notuced that was her. Always thought that was the one that got away from Sheriff Taylor; she could fish, handle a shotgun and look really good at the same time.

Reactions: BowlBrother85

VN Store

Back