Notice of Allegations received today Friday 7/22

What about the media damage? Really could care less about the NCAA, ESPN is having a field day!
*** where ya been bud? It’s been like this.. every time the Vols screw up or do something not normal or out of the norm.. they will be massacred by these hacks.. what’s sad is nothing is reported it’s all opinions now, and goes with regular media. I
Miss the days of just reporting it.. but we get opinions and we know most of the media hates Tennessee

Giving money to players is SOP.
NIL does not change that aspect.
Baby momma throwing a bitch fit for something the week before say the bama game has always and will continue to open coach's wallets to keep the player's head straight.
Homesick boys wanna go home for a visit but have no money.
No beer money, out of weed.
Phone broken.
Need a couple hundred tacos.
60k for three years seems a reasonable amount to me. I think it is just taking care of the players and recruits.
The problem was some self-righteous person sitting on their high horse threatened to expose the violation. Then we go scorched earth.
Perhaps a more "snitches get stiches' attitude is needed in Knoxville.
How do you think the whistle blower would have fared in Tuskaloosa?

The whistleblower would have ended up dead, just like Logan Young.

But, the fans demanded someone other than Schiano and they got it.

Pat Forde, is that you?

What a stupid post. The two aren't related - we could have just as easily gotten the next Saban after the Schiano fiasco as Pruitt. Think before you post.

No way to know that. Johnny had the program on course and had won 3 SEC Championships in his last 6 years. Then why did another program not hire Fulmer after he was fired at UT?

I hate autocorrect.
That's like saying Dungy would've won the Bucs a Super Bowl if he was still coach instead of Gruden. He might've built the foundation but couldn't get over the hump.

What about the media damage? Really could care less about the NCAA, ESPN is having a field day!
“Damage”. 😅 For ESPN, every day is “a field day”
when it concerns the Vols. Their obsession dates back to the 80’s. Care at your own peril. 😴

Reactions: jim43 and Behr
Rocky Top Insider has a couple of good articles on this and doesn't really think much will happen to the current program.

The NCAA adjusted its punishment rules earlier this year to target specific individuals and not programs and players that weren’t involved in the violations.

While we will take appropriate responsibility, last fall, the university announced that we will not self-impose penalties that harm innocent student-athletes like postseason bans based upon the actions of coaches and staff who are no longer part of the institution,” Plowman said. “Under the NCAA’s new constitution, rules “must ensure to the greatest extent possible that penalties imposed for infractions do not punish programs or student-athletes not involved or implicated in the infraction(s).”

Off topic but was wondering if anyone has heard anything about any new rules surrounding flopping. This was one of the biggest killers to our offensive momentum last year and seems like we stalled out almost everytime it happened. Just curious. Tempo is a huge weapon for us we need to be able to use it.

Can't use Saban/ Bama tactics at UT; We always get caught when we do illegal stuff.

Turned out to be a blessing in disguise as we ditched a prehistoric offense for a modern one.
Difference is Saban is smart....Pruitt not so much. Saban's "how to cheat" training didn't take on Pruitt. Jimbo and Kirby got it right, though.

I read an article in Sports Illustrated years ago, when "The Bear" was coaching Bama that addressed Bama's cheating. In the article, the writer said that a reporter called the NCAA with accusations of Bama paying players that could be substantiated. The NCAA staffer replied, "They are Alabama. They don't have to cheat." And so it continues. Common sense would dictate that after Jimbo's comments about Saban a couple of months ago, coupled with this info on former Bama DC Pruitt that an investigation would be launched into Bama's program.

The final two paragraphs are very reassuring:

The NCAA is in the final stages of adopting an infractions policy overhaul with a penalty structure that focuses less on postseason bans. The intent is to avoid penalties that would affect players who were not at the school when the violations occurred, with sanctions focused more on those specifically at fault, such as coaches.

According to the NCAA’s new penalty structure, Pruitt is at risk of having sanctions follow him to other jobs, if he ever receives another one in college sports. The NCAA holds him primarily responsible for the alleged violations....

The one thing that worries me is that they might take away a couple of years' worth of wins. Which will hurt us in the record books, particularly the 8 wins from 2019.

Other than that, I think we're fine. They're going after Pruitt, Neidermeyer, & Co. Our lads are gonna be fine.

Go Vols!
If the NCAA were really serious about stopping this crap, they would also penalize the players taking the inducements when they can. If you are serious about helping players, they need to be taught accountability--not be given a free pass.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
If UT did settled with this POS, it would be worse than the major violations that were committed.

Practically everyone in the media was saying UT would have to settle “to keep this quiet” or “make it go away” when there was no way it wasn’t coming out. The NOI letter & all supporting docs UT received with it is subject to state open records law and any attempt for Pruitt to use “keeping quiet” was just a bluff.

Pat Forde, is that you?

What a stupid post. The two aren't related - we could have just as easily gotten the next Saban after the Schiano fiasco as Pruitt. Think before you post.

The point is that the fans who are complaining are the ones who demanded Schiano not be hired and now they are complaining about getting what they wanted(someone else).

Rocky Top Insider has a couple of good articles on this and doesn't really think much will happen to the current program.

The NCAA adjusted its punishment rules earlier this year to target specific individuals and not programs and players that weren’t involved in the violations.

While we will take appropriate responsibility, last fall, the university announced that we will not self-impose penalties that harm innocent student-athletes like postseason bans based upon the actions of coaches and staff who are no longer part of the institution,” Plowman said. “Under the NCAA’s new constitution, rules “must ensure to the greatest extent possible that penalties imposed for infractions do not punish programs or student-athletes not involved or implicated in the infraction(s).”

The problem is that the line is not always clear on that, plus it is not a disincentive to schools to police this kind of thing if the punishment is of a coach who you have since let go.

Having said that, I don't think they do anything about it and UT escapes either entirely unscathed or with minimal and inconsequential effect.

The point is that the fans who are complaining are the ones who demanded Schiano not be hired and now they are complaining about getting what they wanted(someone else).
No, the point is you seem to be fixated on Schitano and nobody cares. He is a distant memory and I’m glad he is. Hindsight is always 20/20. Pruitt was terrible and Schitano was a poor fit for this program. End of discussion.

Got it. The coach with the second highest winning percentage in UT history is the worst coach in Vol history. Did you go to school in Alabama?
Stop. Just stop with the Fulmer worship.

We can debate whether Fulmer was an overrated HC. But the discussion is about Fulmer as AD. Yeah fmr HC gump is fully accountable for his actions. But Fulmer hired the gump. Therefore Fulmer bears ultimate responsibility bc Institutional Control is a thing. Google it.

None of this would have happened on Dickey’s watch. Period.

Reactions: hog88 and onevol74
If Pruitt's wife Casey was involved,her song was,"come on to my house,I'm going to give you some candy(not Mickey D's)"

VN Store

Back