Notice of Allegations received today Friday 7/22

Mustard bottles, golf balls now documented cheaters. That’s what our football program is now known by. Absolutely pathetic. I mean we all know UGA and Bama cheats but it’s not been documented like us. Good grief. I just hope this doesn’t hurt recruiting.

Where do you think Pruitt learned to cheat from?

He was doing the same sh*t under Saban and the NCAA looked the other way.

The faster the NCAA goes away, the better college athletics will become.

Mustard bottles, golf balls now documented cheaters. That’s what our football program is now known by. Absolutely pathetic. I mean we all know UGA and Bama cheats but it’s not been documented like us. Good grief. I just hope this doesn’t hurt recruiting.

What? We are the least penalized program in the SEC. Alabama, Auburn, and Kentucky set the standard for major ncaa violations cases in the league, with Ole Miss high in the rankings too.

18 type I infractions, does not make me feel better. That is not just cheating. That looks like standard operating procedures.
Giving money to players is SOP.
NIL does not change that aspect.
Baby momma throwing a bitch fit for something the week before say the bama game has always and will continue to open coach's wallets to keep the player's head straight.
Homesick boys wanna go home for a visit but have no money.
No beer money, out of weed.
Phone broken.
Need a couple hundred tacos.
60k for three years seems a reasonable amount to me. I think it is just taking care of the players and recruits.
The problem was some self-righteous person sitting on their high horse threatened to expose the violation. Then we go scorched earth.
Perhaps a more "snitches get stiches' attitude is needed in Knoxville.
How do you think the whistle blower would have fared in Tuskaloosa?

Reactions: DonDiego
Was there a huge detailed account of the cheating handed down like what’s happened to us? I am seriously curious as I do not know.

Yes. The NCAA president came out and said they seriously considered bringing back the death penalty for Alabama because they were repeat, repeat offenders. They committed violations twice while on probation for violations.

Here's a "brief" summary:

1993: Alabama cornerback alleged to have signed with sports agent after NC game against Miami, applied for draft, and then returned to school to play his senior year--all in violation of NCAA rules. Alabama Head Coach Gene Stallings was aware of this NFL Draft application and did not inform the SEC or NCAA of this application as it would have rendered Langham ineligible. Langham played the 1993 season as an ineligible player with full knowledge of the head coach.

1994: NCAA alleges two major violations against Alabama in letter of inquiry to the university.

1995: NCAA announces sanctions against Alabama, including forfeiture of nine wins and a tie from the 1993 season, probation and loss of scholarships

1996: Alabama on probation

1997: Alabama on probation

1998: Alabama on probation

1999: Alabama not on probation and no allegations of NCAA violations

2000: 11 major and 5 minor allegations against Alabama made regarding boosters and improper benefits tied to recruits and players for the Crimson Tide, and other violations

2002: NCAA places Alabama on five years probation, bans the Crimson Tide from two years of postseason play and restricts scholarships

These sanctions were deemed to be "some of the worst, most serious that have ever occurred" according to then-Chairman of the NCAA COI Tom Yeager. In similar language to what we read in the USC report, Alabama as a repeat offender was facing the "death penalty"..."staring down the barrel of the gun" as Yeager put it.

According to the Associated Press, the NCAA found the following had occurred at Alabama in addition to other infractions:

(1) A recruit, identified in news reports as Kenny Smith, and his parents were given $20,000 in cash, lodging and entertainment by two Crimson Tide boosters beginning in 1995. The first payment of $10,000 was made in $100 bills delivered in a grocery bag. Smith signed with Alabama but couldn't meet academic requirements.

(2) An Alabama booster previously identified as Logan Young of Memphis, Tenn., gave cash to a high school coach who was seeking $100,000 cash and two sport-utility vehicles in exchange for directing star recruit Albert Means to Alabama.

(3) An assistant coach, former recruiting coordinator Ronnie Cottrell, received two loans totaling $56,600 from Young in violation of NCAA rules. The loan was not repaid until the case became known.

(4) Two boosters involved in repeated rules violations were known to the Alabama staff, coaches and fans and often were seen at the team hotel during road games.

(5) A recruit, identified previously as Travis Carroll, was given the use of a car in 1999 for agreeing to attend Alabama. The car was repossessed when Carroll transferred to Florida.

2003: Alabama on probation

2004: Alabama on probation

2005: Alabama on probation / New allegations first made of 201 students in 16 sports obtained textbooks they were not entitled to under scholarship rules, including 22 such players in football -- all while Alabama is on probation.

2006: Alabama on probation -- end of probation period / Ongoing textbook scandal

2007: Ongoing textbook scandal finally

2008: NCAA sends letter of allegations to Alabama that stated that (1) the UA textbook system allowed an unspecified number of student-athletes, whose book costs are covered by their scholarship, to impermissibly obtain textbooks and supplies at an undisclosed sum; and (2) the administration had failed to monitor the system and provide education for it.

June 2009: NCAA places Alabama on probation for three years, and vacates 21 wins from 2005-2007. No additional scholarship losses added on. Finding of Failure to Monitor, but no Loss of Institutional Control.

Alabama was put on probation for "major violations involving 16 sports. The violations included a failure to monitor by UA and impermissible benefits obtained by 201 student-athletes through misuse of the university's textbook distribution program -- including extra textbooks and class-related materials to which the student-athletes were not entitled as part of their scholarships." (Link: "Tuscaloosa News Article on NCAA Denial of Alabama Appeal")

2010: Alabama on probation

2010: Alabama DT accepts preferential treatment and improper benefits from agents including airfare, lodging, meals and transportation during two trips to Miami.

September 2010: NCAA rules that Alabama DT is suspended for two games, instead of the traditional four, and must repay $1,787 in benefits by making charitable donation. Alabama program, already on probation, not found culpable.

"It is important to note that Marcell never intentionally violated any NCAA rules and did not knowingly receive any benefits from an agent," Mike Ward, Alabama's associate athletic director for compliance, said in a statement. "Marcell lived up to the letter and spirit of the NCAA cooperative principle and the NCAA described him as 'one of the most truthful student-athletes we have ever interviewed."'

2011: Alabama on probation

2012: Alabama on probation
Kenny smith the greatest nobody ever. Moved from Marion county during the westmoreland years then never won a ship. Went to north Jackson and never won there. Never played at bammer. Tried to play for tn but never played. He literally never played winning football. Greatest hyped athlete to do nothing.

For me all of this is tracked back to one person... Mike Hamilton... He set this all in motion when he initially fired Fulmer and hired Kiffin. And the Curse of Fulmer descended up on us. I always said Dooley was the worst hire we ever made, well Mr. Fulmer mustve heard that and said "Hold my beer". To think of all the coaches who wanted to come here and we passed on for the clown shoes we hired is disheartening. But even so I wear my Orange, and sing Rocky Top. Go Vols and God Bless the University of Tennessee.

I disagree, despite detesting Hamilton, Fulmer let himself get lazy, and didn't even try to self-correct. I think Hambone saw this, but made a typical politician-style mistake:
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.

Last edited:
My dear lord. His wife has history in compliance and this is the best they could come up with? How TF wasn’t this guy caught at FSU, Georgia, or Bama?

You need to read the article.
She's right - it says:
"The institution showed strong cooperation with NCAA investigators, conducted its own thorough internal investigation and took immediate steps in dismissing the staff members and sanctioning itself. The university docked itself 12 football scholarships last season, as well as imposing several more recruiting penalties, sources tell SI."

From Outkick's Article:

The NCAA actually praised Tennessee for the way they handled the investigation, saying their work should be the ‘standard’ when it comes to inquiries.

The actions taken by the institution during the investigation should be the standard for any institutional inquiries into potential violations. Throughout the investigation the institution exhibited exemplary cooperation in multiple ways. Once the institution’s chancellor was alerted to allegations of potential violations within the football program, the institution took swift action to investigate the allegations and substantiated various violations related to Allegation No. 1.
Tennessee Chancellor Donde Plowman, who fired Jeremy Pruitt, released the following statement,

While we will take appropriate responsibility, last fall, the university announced that we will not self-impose penalties that harm innocent student-athletes like postseason bans based upon the actions of coaches and staff who are no longer part of the institution. Under the NCAA’s new constitution, rules “must ensure to the greatest extent possible that penalties imposed for infractions do not punish programs or student-athletes not involved or implicated in the infraction(s). While NCAA bylaws prohibit the university from publicly commenting about the specific allegations, we have and will continue to seek a timely resolution of this case that is consistent with the NCAA’s new constitution and in the best interests of the University of Tennessee.”

Yeah, we will be fine.

My dear lord. His wife has history in compliance and this is the best they could come up with? How TF wasn’t this guy caught at FSU, Georgia, or Bama?
Oh no doubt he was cheating biggie at all those places , Sankey covered it up no doubt while he was at Bama under Nick

Just remember guys the NCAA hammered Ole Miss and freeze for less than what is alleged here against us kinda worries me. Nick and Bama run the SEC and NCAA too

This is a new era and it came about overnight with NIL and conference realignments beginning. The NCAA is also likely VERY afraid of seeing programs collectively worth billions of dollars telling it to go **** itself and creating their own system of governance. Pissing off one of the most valuable brands in all of football also just creates new enemies. My guess is, based on their language in the article, they will go light, and some speculation is they may not even hand down any punishment at all because the offenders are all gone, and so is the old administration. They can make an example of us all they want, but with NIL threatening their way of retaining control, I sincerely doubt they do. Turns out most people in positions of "power" want to keep it, even if it's just for show.

Reactions: sunnyvol79

VN Store

Back