Not good, just lost a 5 Star commitment. Terrance Lewis

How can you blame anyone for decommiting with as much garbage as is written by the so called fans. This is what you are going to see when you change coaches ever two or three years. I have never seen such stupidity that has been written lately, so get use to what is happening
So you're saying keeping ****** coaches is the way to go? Brilliant.

Agreed, but being a highly rated coordinator also doesn’t mean that one will never be a capable head coach.

Agreed?
I agree, but how long do you 'experiment' to find out if he will become capable? Lots of folks say 5 years, but that may be true if the coach has shown many flashes of light during that time frame and not sound every day like an uneducated idiot. (uh, well, uh, uh)

How can you blame anyone for decommiting with as much garbage as is written by the so called fans. This is what you are going to see when you change coaches ever two or three years. I have never seen such stupidity that has been written lately, so get use to what is happening
The idea that commits care what anonymous fans say about the team online is just stupid, frankly.

We are stuck in a cycle. A cycle of waiting for bad coaches to decimate the roster before they leave or are fired, and we have been through that cycle 3 times now.

If you believe we are in a cycle of firing coaches too early, you are going to have to explain the tremendous amount of "success" Butch and Dooley found after they left here. Surely someone else would recognize our failure and the coaching prowess of those coaches we fired too soon by now.

Lewis will not be the last. They need to fire Pruitt now...but they won't. Its gonna get really bad when Florida blows us out. We are stuck with Pruitt till the end of next season. Its total ********.

Reactions: 'Boro-vol
Why must we watch this slow death drama every 3-4 years, rather than putting the old mare quickly out of it's misery? Watching recruits decommit is literally like watching it bleed out slowly. Do it quick, and get yourself another horse.

Not worried. There's lots of good running backs out there I'm sure Pruitt can transform into mediocre linebackers. One might say that's his greatest coaching ability.
Crouch came here because we were the only school willing to play him at LB. He doesn't want to play RB. If we put him at RB he is going to be in the portal the next day.

I agree, but how long do you 'experiment' to find out if he will become capable? Lots of folks say 5 years, but that may be true if the coach has shown many flashes of light during that time frame and not sound every day like an uneducated idiot. (uh, well, uh, uh)

I think looking at it as an experiment implies that it is necessarily temporary. I think that’s the wrong mindset.

I’d like to think the powers that be in the administration possess vision for the long play, and knew coming in that the ride would get bumpy. If they’re smart (and I’m pretty sure Fulmer, Plowman, and Boyd are) they’ve known a certain percentage of fan abandonment would be coming if the results weren’t favorable in the short term. They’ll weather it. They couldn’t have foreseen COVID, but that only plays to their benefit and lends an added excuse for patience given a projected $40MM budget shortfall.

As for comparisons with USCe and Vandy “sacking up” to make “tough but necessary” firings, are those really the programs setting the gold standard of behavior in these scenarios? Weren’t those coaches already on thin ice coming in? What’s more, how eager do you think a quality coach be to sign on with a program who “fahrd evvahbodah” after the most logistically difficult season in collective memory? Probably not very eager. Based on what I’ve heard of how Freeze is trying to walk the line, I don’t think he’d be in that rush either.

On Freeze, I don’t know why on earth he’d give up at Liberty. There’s a reason Thomas Aquinas listed pride as a deadly sin. They can pay him a lot, and Lynchburg is a lovely town. He’s been in a scenario with unreasonable expectations before at Ole Miss and it nearly cost him everything. I grew up watching FSU coached by Bowden, who turned down the job at Bama to continue the build at FSU. That decision was determined by his faith in no small part. Hindsight shows both the wisdom of that decision and the power of the Lord Almighty.

Given that, if Freeze wants to come in here, I think it could be folly, especially seeing that we’ve tried so hard in the past to be nothing but a revolving door. I’ll still root for him, of course, but the world will know his professed faith and repentance might only be lip service. That would be a real shame.

Firing Pruitt and his staff would help recruiting how? Majority of the entire class would decommitt. Opposing coaches are already spreading rumors Pruitt is going to be fired at the end of the season to get recruits to flip. A new coach would be left to pick up the pieces from whatever 2-3* recruits are left. That would set back the program back even further. The common sense is not to fire Pruitt this yr.

Last edited:
Reactions: DiderotsGhost
Firing Pruitt and his staff would help recruiting how? Majority of the entire class would decommitt. Opposing coaches are already spreading rumors Pruitt is going to be fired at the end of the season to get recruits to flip. A new coach would be left to pick up the pieces from whatever 2-3* recruits are left. That would set back the program back even further. The common sense is not to fire Pruitt this yr.

This.

It's an awful time to fire a coach and it's going to be difficult to lure in a top-tier coach (and we don't know how to hire them anyway). We had a great 2020 class and if it doesn't fall apart, the 2021 class is great as well (but all the fans agitating for firing are causing decommitments).

There's no advantage to firing Pruitt now. It's just going to set back the program several more years. If things don't improve next year, we don't have a choice, but we're asking for another Derek Dooley type situation if we fire Pruitt now.

Reactions: kcvols1
And meanwhile, the paychecks keep flowing.

Which is the point....at this point.

The spice must flow.

Fulmer must be vindicated.

Reactions: tbh

There would some short term pain but it would be 1 class. Pruitt is going to lose this class and we'll be in the same situation next near. Rip the band-aid off now.

Reactions: ugg
This.

It's an awful time to fire a coach and it's going to be difficult to lure in a top-tier coach (and we don't know how to hire them anyway). We had a great 2020 class and if it doesn't fall apart, the 2021 class is great as well (but all the fans agitating for firing are causing decommitments).

There's no advantage to firing Pruitt now. It's just going to set back the program several more years. If things don't improve next year, we don't have a choice, but we're asking for another Derek Dooley type situation if we fire Pruitt now.

The fans have nothing to do with decommitments. That is beyond stupid.

The players and their advisors can see the product on the field and know Pruitt isn't going to be here more than 2 more seasons at the very most.

VN Store

Back