Not good, just lost a 5 Star commitment. Terrance Lewis

How can you blame anyone for decommiting with as much garbage as is written by the so called fans. This is what you are going to see when you change coaches ever two or three years. I have never seen such stupidity that has been written lately, so get use to what is happening
Someone with common sense. How refreshing. Thank you

Reactions: GoodlettsvilleVol
How can you blame anyone for decommiting with as much garbage as is written by the so called fans. This is what you are going to see when you change coaches ever two or three years. I have never seen such stupidity that has been written lately, so get use to what is happening
giphy.gif

Florida has become a must win game if we intend to keep this class intact. A must win game that we will lose by 20 plus points.
beating Fla is not going to change peoples minds. If anything Fla should fire Mullen for losing to Pruitt

Here is a sheep, yeah that is it. Its the fans fault that Pruitt sucks and these players knows it and are decommitting. Blame the fans. Silly troll

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
Here is a sheep, yeah that is it. Its the fans fault that Pruitt sucks and these players knows it and are decommitting. Blame the fans. Silly troll
Eh, if we sell “best fans in the country...100k screaming fans in Neyland...Vol Navy...” it’s fair to take ownership when we burn it all down on message boards. After all, we like to say we got Schiano un-hired and Curry fired right? Can’t have it both ways.

Eh, if we sell “best fans in the country...100k screaming fans in Neyland...Vol Navy...” it’s fair to take ownership when we burn it all down on message boards. After all, we like to say we got Schiano un-hired and Curry fired right? Can’t have it both ways.
Mrs Pruitt ,its not the fans fault no matter how you try to spin it. Pruitt sucks

Mrs Pruitt ,its not the fans fault no matter how you try to spin it. Pruitt sucks
Not Mrs Pruitt. Just pointing out that if we call ourselves the “best fanbase around” and say things like “if he doesn’t understand what us fans deserve...” we can’t say that fans getting up in arms doesn’t have an impact. Get it? Simple logic. And again, you can’t have it both ways. Otherwise we’d all be the same brand of idiot as those that still stand by their objectively flawed position that firing CPF was the right thing to do, especially without a slam-dunk succession plan. “But...but...but...the game was passing him by...”. Absurd. Don’t hurt yourself on this clear and obvious logical fallacy. Perhaps for you it’s a phallic-y?

Last edited by a moderator:
If any of the fans should be blamed, please blame me. I deserve all the hate, me, and only me! I have hated Tennessee alone, Pruitt, JG, and the rest of the losers. Blame me and no one else. Leave the others alone.

Honestly, it's both.

Social Media amplifies everything these days. And then you just look at the product on the field.

If any recruit has been seeing my posts about Pruitt, then yeah, I agree I'm part of that problem.

But I also believe if we fire Pruitt now, and get Hugh Freeze in ( top 5 classes at Ole Miss] then we can not only get Mcghee and Lewis back, but also get some 5 stars to flip!

Wise choice. Hope you find a team with a real coach. Good luck, and thanks for considering the university’ of Tennessee. Good recruiter my a$$

Reactions: Raebo
I understand the criticism of play calls and position changes (or changes that have yet to be made). But we have to admit a bunch of the posts don't really have to be made.

But at the same time, you can get away with it, so you do. And when other sad-sacks join in with you, it almost empowers you to continue, as well as influence others to join in. I wish it would stop, but I know it won't. You can't infringe upon peoples right to suck eggs..🤷

I understand the criticism of play calls and position changes (or changes that have yet to be made). But we have to admit a bunch of the posts don't really have to be made.

But at the same time, you can get away with it, so you do. And when other sad-sacks join in with you, it almost empowers you to continue, as well as influence others to join in. I wish it would stop, but I know it won't. You can't infringe upon peoples right to suck eggs..🤷
We made a bad hire. It will get corrected sooner or later. People are anxious and would rather reset than watch this crap another season.

Reactions: orange parmejohn

BPV, what do you define as a sad-sack?

Honestly, it's both.

Social Media amplifies everything these days. And then you just look at the product on the field.

If any recruit has been seeing my posts about Pruitt, then yeah, I agree I'm part of that problem.

But I also believe if we fire Pruitt now, and get Hugh Freeze in ( top 5 classes at Ole Miss] then we can not only get Mcghee and Lewis back, but also get some 5 stars to flip!
No you are not part of the problem. Developing talent and winning football games are what matters to recruits. Fans are just white noise, and point out what is already painfully obvious.

We made a bad hire. It will get corrected sooner or later. People are anxious and would rather reset than watch this crap another season.
Well said. We’ve seen this movie over and over. Let the bottom fall out of the program then the next coach will need time to fix the mess left by the last coach, is not to blame for the roster he inherited, isn’t responsible until every single player is a kid he recruited, has to change the culture of losing blah blah blah. Rinse and repeat.

If they have the option, recruits want to play for play for a winning program like Clemson, Bama, Ohio State, etc.. A recruit will also consider a school that has been struggling if they hire a coach with name recognition. The longer it takes a coach to turn that program around, potential recruits will start looking around. The coach can't rely on his name or his past history to convince the recruit, he will have to sell the climate, school environment, playing time, or have no better options.. I think as far as UT is concerned, we are transitioning to the last criteria.

Fans have jack squat to do with this. These kids see the handwriting on the wall and know Pruitt will not be the coach their whole career at UT. They have advisors telling them to look around and they would be remiss if they didn’t, it’s their future and Pruitt isn’t going to get them where they want to be.

VN Store

Back