Not going for it on 4th down was a game changer

We ran out of gas plain and simple. My stance is that i'm going to appreciate the good things CH did do in the game. Hell,even Saben had his moments a time or two also in the game!

We had momentum, we had a chance to make a statement. We chose to punt. Even if the plan was to punt why not line up and try to draw them offsides? I’m optimistic about JH but that was baffling it reminded me of Butch.

I agree with you about lining up to go for it on 4th down trying to draw them offsides. Heupel wasn't perfect but he had the players play their hearts out tonight. Needs more depth but I think he'll do fine.

Last edited:
We don’t have the horses to hang. They are loaded with 5’s end we are nowhere near ready for that.
It's also why we can't play stupidly st times. Our margin for error is narrow. Hooker has to get that first down after the blocked punt.He had it easily if he continues on the same path. Instead he stupidly tries to throw it in the end zone. He is ok, but we need more talent

Reactions: Toujours Pret
Seemed like the definition of playing to keep it close. Questionable play calling at certain points. But I'm in no way jumping down the man's throat over it. This team plays really hard for him and respects him. That much is evident. Need to keep it up for a few more weeks and finish strong.

It's also why we can't play stupidly st times. Our margin for error is narrow. Hooker has to get that first down after the blocked punt.He had it easily if he continues on the same path. Instead he stupidly tries to throw it in the end zone. He is ok, but we need more talent
Yep.

We had a plan that could win, we just didn't have the horses.

We had momentum, we had a chance to make a statement. We chose to punt. Even if the plan was to punt why not line up and try to draw them offsides? I’m optimistic about JH but that was baffling it reminded me of Butch.
We convert the 4th down instead of playing p_____y football there, we could be singing a different tune today. So much riding on that play, quiet possible that lost the game for us, combined with some other terrible play calling

At that point the D was stopping Bama. The non-holding call on #6 made that decision look bad... it wasn't bad. It was one terrible no call away from working.

Y’all are ridiculous and greatly overvalue the talent on this roster, the oline, and our potential. If we win six games it will be a minor miracle and the only reason we have even the slightest chance to win more rests squarely with Heupel
We have a 9-3 roster. Heupel has now had 2 games in a row that had a lot of questionable calls. we should be 6-2. and last night should of been a nail biter at the end.

With a whole quarter to go I thought it was the right choice. We're just not there yet.

Y’all are ridiculous and greatly overvalue the talent on this roster, the oline, and our potential. If we win six games it will be a minor miracle and the only reason we have even the slightest chance to win more rests squarely with Heupel
This. Some people on here fail to realize how hamstrung the roster is after the mass exodus.

Defense was still playing well. Offense was having trouble picking up short yardage. I will not fault Coach for that call. There was no clear cut „right“ decision there.

We have a 9-3 roster. Heupel has now had 2 games in a row that had a lot of questionable calls. we should be 6-2. and last night should of been a nail biter at the end.
Questionable call by the refs or play calls by Hype?

We have a 3-9 roster with Beldar.

We have a 4-8 roster with Dooley.

We have a 5-7 roster with Butch.

Looks like it's a 7-5 roster because of Hype, and the refs keeping us back from 8-4 vs Ole Miss.

I suspect if you gave Saban this roster to coach back in the Spring......we'd still be 7-5.

Yep, remember Butch choking against Texas A&M and Oklahoma especially. Sure it may not have worked, but it was a chance to make it uncomfortable for Bama.

I guess you forgot able our OL....

We failed on pretty much every 3rd and short the entire game. The OL just isn't healthy enough to get that sort of push on an Alabama defense. As we saw multiple times in the 4th quarter, you can't give Alabama a short field and expect them not to score. Punting was the right call considering the point in the game. The actual game changer was the Int. We going blow for blow with Bama up until that point.

VN Store

Back