NOT A SUNDAY CONFESSIONAL

ArdentVol

Having lived nearly 40 years deep in the heart of enemy territory with a love for UT sports since the late 50s, it's hard to comprehend that could get upset by what some people might call a good loss. I assume it's just part of the maturation process for someone who vowed never to step into the water of social media because of its negativity and focus on "look at me" behavior.

Yesterday I failed.

Being basically homebound for a year with one functional hand (result of a fracturing my ulna, further complicated by clean-up surgery and bone transplant a little more than a week ago), I turned on the tube to watch Gameday on ESPN. That started it. My online self turned a little too dark. Please tell me that's a little like that first six pack.

Sincerely,
I'll never buy a smart phone

Last edited:
Having lived nearly 40 years deep in the heart of enemy territory with a love for UT sports since the late 50s, it's hard to comprehend that could get upset by what some people might call a good loss. I assume it's just part of the maturation process for someone who vowed never to step into the water of social media because of its negativity and focus on "look at me" behavior.

Yesterday I failed.

Being basically homebound for a year with one functional hand (result of a fracturing my ulna, further complicated by clean-up surgery and bone transplant a little more than a week ago), I turned on the tube to watch Gameday on ESPN. That started it. My online self turned a little too dark. Please tell me that's a little like that first six pack.

Sincerely,
I'll never buy a smart phone

Well, the good news is you feel better, and you're ready to live again. Once we get your age things go wrong.

I've been a Vol fan since around 1960. My favorite play was Ken Stabler throwing the ball out of bounds to stop the clock, but he didn't realize it was 4th down. Ball to Vols.
Don't worry about the dark side. Coulda been you first six pack? Glad you are getting better.

Well, the good news is you feel better, and you're ready to live again. Once we get your age things go wrong.

I've been a Vol fan since around 1960. My favorite play was Ken Stabler throwing the ball out of bounds to stop the clock, but he didn't realize it was 4th down. Ball to Vols.
Don't worry about the dark side. Coulda been you first six pack? Glad you are getting better.

was sitting with my dad in section for that game even more fun was hitchhiking with a riend from the Carolinas to bham to watch 1969n bama beatdown. first time to see vols on road. we met my friends parents after game, and when someone saw their license plate, tossed a whiskey bottle at us

VN Store

Back