North Carolina vs Tenn Vols Game 6 @ Chapel Hill 6PM ET.

This season was fun to watch. This was a young team that was coached and developed very well. As coach Vitello said in the post game interview, "You are never happy with a loss, but they are focused on what they have." Listening to the coaches and players and seeing the progress on the field, I believe the team is moving in the right direction. Part of having good players, is loosing them to the MLB.

I wish those that are drafted good luck in the future. Do yourself and the University of Tennessee proud. For those that are coming back, time to start working. Get to cruitin, and start workin to get better.

This team will be better next year, Simply because of the Success of this team , This team grew up a lot in the last few weeks , The Experience of Hoover and The Regional is just the beginning. Teams have to go through the process of learning how to win on the Big Stage....Yes the SEC weekend series are Huge, but Going to Hoover and NCAA is a BIG Deal....These Young men just got a taste this year....That means they will be more focused this fall in the cage , weight room , bull pen sessions , over all preparation , and over all work outs! Listing to UNC - Celebrate a regional win last night will burn in their minds and ears all fall and spring ....This team showed a lot of GRIT and heart this year....I have followed closely and they competed in almost every game with the exception of 3 games. the second game at Vandy , the Game at Hoover and the opening game of the Regional....2 of those was on the Big Stage (first Taste type games).....The other the Pitching went south Early.....So Yes , THIS TEAM had an Amazing Year...But only going to get better....We will have Several Players back that will have these Experiences which has already made us a better team...Nothing like Experience....PLAYERS LEARN from IT...Look for the Vols to make it to a Super Next year and be a legitimate Threat to go OMAHA...Wow that's something to think about....To think we weren't that far this year......lets Rewind....If our 3rd year , drafted 2 times , 6'-5 rested starter would have been on yesterday , we might still be playing....It's Baseball...It happens...(hated it for Zach , could happen to anyone) But i really liked our chances....If we would have won the first game yesterday ....Come back with GS's today & everyone else on board , I like my chances there too....So Man WE weren't that far off IMO.......Hat's off to the Coaches and the players!!! Progress was made and Can't wait to see 2019 on the left field wall next year...This is a TEAM TO REMEMBER!!!!

This times 100. Crochet, Sewell and lots of competition for the 3rd spot internally with Pleasants and two of the best juco arms assuming the draft doesn’t take both will be a top of the line rotation.
Hunley and Crochet are headed to the Cape so this summer will only help them. We have a freshman coming in the that is 6’10 235.

I think we have several freshmen coming in that will contribute on the mound. They have played a lot of high levels but they will be freshmen so we will see.

Reactions: StarRaider
Probably a little harsh in your statement but if you had told me UT's perceived #s 1 & 2 pitchers were going to be this ineffective this weekend, I would have figured they would have been 0-2 and on the way home, Sat morning. Instead, this team battled back to the point of having the tying run at the plate in the 8th and 9th innings of the championship round of the regional. Good year and a very good showing in the regional.

Anyone know a back story as to why the Vols starting rotation this weekend was so much different than the rotation for the weekend series this year? The starting pitchers in games 2 & 3 were money, and the pen was unbelievably steady the entire weekend.

Maybe it was, but in my defense I did say "most" and was thinking maybe 60-70% of the blame, not all. But there is no defense for that showing out the gate. Only 3 first pitch strikes to 8 batters, 2 WPs, and 2 walks. It doesn't get much worse than that. And his showing down the stretch weren't much better. 5 runs in 3.1 against Ole Miss, 4 runs in 4.1 against Florida, 6 runs in 2.2 against Mizzou. Maybe I'm wrong, but to me he no-showed in his last 4 appearances, all starts and in games of big implications.

Yes, this team battled back. It was a blast to watch. And while Stallings didn't have the best outing of the year, his 4 runs were at least spread out over 5 1/3 innings, not 2/3 of inning. There was no run support for him.

Reactions: Backwards K
Maybe it was, but in my defense I did say "most" and was thinking maybe 60-70% of the blame, not all. But there is no defense for that showing out the gate. Only 3 first pitch strikes to 8 batters, 2 WPs, and 2 walks. It doesn't get much worse than that. And his showing down the stretch weren't much better. 5 runs in 3.1 against Ole Miss, 4 runs in 4.1 against Florida, 6 runs in 2.2 against Mizzou. Maybe I'm wrong, but to me he no-showed in his last 4 appearances, all starts and in games of big implications.

Yes, this team battled back. It was a blast to watch. And while Stallings didn't have the best outing of the year, his 4 runs were at least spread out over 5 1/3 innings, not 2/3 of inning. There was no run support for him.
I think if Sewell had been healthy the whole year he would have ended up being the Sunday guy. Linginfelter was better suited to be in the pen with his control issues.

Hunley and Crochet are headed to the Cape so this summer will only help them. We have a freshman coming in the that is 6’10 235.
I believe Hunley and Walsh are playing for the Brewster Whitecaps.

Reactions: zachpack
After that first inning, I thought it was going to be a dozen point blow out, but believe it or not, the Vols outplayed the Heels the rest of the game. I'm proud of them and optimistic about where this program is headed (assuming the powers that be have the good sense to keep Vitello in K-town).

Reactions: MagnoliaVol
why is everyone so quick to throw money at coaches for 1 season...because it isnt our money i guess?

Agree. I think The rotation next year ends up as Crochet, Hunley and Sewell. Pleasants has control issues at times and I think he is a bullpen guy. Sewell does at times also. But he has the makeup of a starter. Just can’t walk people at this level, as we all know. Gonna be interesting!

Pitching will be the least of our worries in my opinion. Offense will be key.

Reactions: StarRaider

VN Store

Back