****NOON OFFENSIVE STAFF INTRODUCTIONS****

In this league? If the speed limit is 65 and you aren’t going a minimum of 85 you have no chance. Now, was Pruitt and them doing 110? Maybe, probably. But it’s pretty well known that Kirby is doing 110 right now too and I don’t see the UGA chancellor up there publicly admitting to a bunch of L1 violations.
If that is true and right now it is just an assumption by you then a Chancellor who would turn her own coach in... if shown evidence that Kirby is cheating... will sure turn him in, right? Someone has to step out and have some integrity. I'm not disappointed that it is UT. And plus... I'd take that to recruits. I would tell them what cheating is. I would make sure they knew what it looked like... and then I'd target the talented kids that didn't want to be part of cheating.

And yeah. I would have no hesitation at turning in recruits and recruiters who were breaking the rules. I have a lot less problem with the "snitch" than I do those who break the rules and gain unfair advantage in a situation like this.

Now was Pruitt incredibly sloppy? Maybe, probably. We’ll find out. But the guy was at Alabama, the school that has a network running at absolute peak efficiency right now. He also worked for Jimbo. You don’t think he understands how business gets done? Hell, when his AD had things rolling the “Fulmer Doctrine” was by far the best recruiting operation in the league.
You can spend the next 10 years trying to sell rationalizations for having no integrity and moral relativism... You are talking to the wrong guy.

Play by the rules and report those who aren't.

Do you think running a coaching search in a pandemic in late January with the chancellor publicly admitting to several Level I violations may have shallowed the candidate pool a little bit? And then also made it for the AA coach we hired nearly impossible to put together a real SEC caliber staff?
Yes. Which is why hiring a young up and coming coach and staff makes a lot more sense than throwing good money after bad. There are no guarantees in coaching hires. NONE. So for my money, make the $4 million hire that you can break from if you have to in 3 or 4 years rather than the $7 million hire that could sink your program and be near impossible to get rid of. Some here were panting after Malzahn. He was just fired from Auburn in large measure because he wasn't able to recruit to needs. What are the chances he'd lose for 3 years, worsen the roster, then take $40 million to buyout? I'd say pretty high.

“Honesty, integrity, morality, and ethics”. In college sports? But more specifically in SEC FOOTBALL!?!?!?!?? Are you insane? You’re following the wrong sport my friend.
(And I agree, Nebraska’s move to the Big 10 was absolutely devastating to their recruiting efforts. But I’m going to assume that as chancellor, she was involved in that decision)
Yeah. Those things are important pretty much everywhere. And on the grand scale... rationalizations like the ones you are making are why our county is in the fix it is in. It matters in small things. It matters in big things. It matters in everything in between. ALL of our institutions need to be reinfused with those ideals.

Last edited:
Reactions: FïreBall
FTR, we aren't talking about giving a kid a hat or a ride across campus. We aren't talking about contacting a kid in a way that breaks the rules. We aren't even talking about the accumulation of minor violations that had Kiffin headed for trouble when he was at UT.

Pruitt and staff committed dozens of MAJOR violations.

If that is true and right now it is just an assumption by you then a Chancellor who would turn her own coach in... if shown evidence that Kirby is cheating... will sure turn him in, right? Someone has to step out and have some integrity. I'm not disappointed that it is UT. And plus... I'd take that to recruits. I would tell them what cheating is. I would make sure they knew what it looked like... and then I'd target the talented kids that didn't want to be part of cheating.

And yeah. I would have no hesitation at turning in recruits and recruiters who were breaking the rules. I have a lot less problem with the "snitch" than I do those who break the rules and gain unfair advantage in a situation like this.

You can spend the next 10 years trying to sell rationalizations for having no integrity and moral relativism... You are talking to the wrong guy.

Play by the rules and report those who aren't.

Yes. Which is why hiring a young up and coming coach and staff makes a lot more sense than throwing good money after bad. There are no guarantees in coaching hires. NONE. So for my money, make the $4 million hire that you can break from if you have to in 3 or 4 years rather than the $7 million hire that could sink your program and be near impossible to get rid of. Some here were panting after Malzahn. He was just fired from Auburn in large measure because he wasn't able to recruit to needs. What are the chances he'd lose for 3 years, worsen the roster, then take $40 million to buyout? I'd say pretty high.

Yeah. Those things are important pretty much everywhere. And on the grand scale... rationalizations like the ones you are making are why our county is in the fix it is in. It matters in small things. It matters in big things. It matters in everything in between. ALL of our institutions need to be reinfused with those ideals.
You were a fan of that 1998 Tennessee team, correct? Hold them in very high regard, yes?

Do you think they got Cosey Coleman, Deon Grant, and Jamal Lewis out of Georgia because....they saw the running through the T and heard Rocky Top and were just so enthralled they had to be Vols??

Hate to break it to you but no big time college football or college basketball recruit plays a sport for just tuition/room and board.

If that’s what you’re looking for, then follow women’s softball (and that probably isn’t “pure”) or the service academies or D3 sports.

Reactions: volfan8
You were a fan of that 1998 Tennessee team, correct? Hold them in very high regard, yes?

Do you think they got Cosey Coleman, Deon Grant, and Jamal Lewis out of Georgia because....they saw the running through the T and heard Rocky Top and were just so enthralled they had to be Vols??

Hate to break it to you but no big time college football or college basketball recruit plays a sport for just tuition/room and board.

If that’s what you’re looking for, then follow women’s softball (and that probably isn’t “pure”) or the service academies or D3 sports.

There is great leap from “don’t ask, don’t tell” to being fully complicit to the wrong doing.

Again, I ask, what was the chancellor’s alternative?

So just to be clear you are rationalizing and supporting blatant and flagrant cheating and dishonesty, right? You think that if something is corrupt and rewards those who figure out how to cheat without getting caught then we accept it as "the way it is" rather than demanding better, right? In your opinion, the game should be about who cheats best and not who finds ways to compete within the rules, correct?

There are NO past crimes, sins, or transgressions that justify future ones.

And as someone else mentioned, we aren't talking about a booster finding a work around to give a player's mom a cush job making 10 times what she has skills to earn. It isn't even a case like years ago when a player named Hawkeye Whitney at NCSU drove one of his girlfriend's two Corvettes given to her by boosters.

It definitely wasn't the "woops" kind of violations like Kiffin was accumulating at UT.

But you think the Chancellor should have just tried to cover it all up... Again, on a much larger scale, your attitude explains much of what's wrong with our country today.

There is great leap from “don’t ask, don’t tell” to being fully complicit to the wrong doing.

Again, I ask, what was the chancellor’s alternative?
Apparently he thinks that she should have directly involved herself in a cover up that might even have had criminal implications for her.

VN Store

Back