Non-Lady Vol news 2018-19

Do you think we’ll get any grad guards?

Still holding out for Marta Sniezek from Stanford. She would be such a great, steadying force for our younger players. I have not heard one single word about which, if any, schools she has visited.

Minyon Moore would be an incredible pick-up, but I don't see that happening. She's had interest from 2 final four teams from this past season and MSST.

Still holding out for Marta Sniezek from Stanford. She would be such a great, steadying force for our younger players. I have not heard one single word about which, if any, schools she has visited.

Minyon Moore would be an incredible pick-up, but I don't see that happening. She's had interest from 2 final four teams from this past season and MSST.

For Minion Moore to go to Ms St they would have to kick someone out ... cough cough I mean they would have to have a transfer LOL because they just reached 15 scholarship players for next year I am pretty sure (they had an incoming class of 5 and just got two transfers ... The 6’6” girl and Sydney Cooke)

I could see two or three players leaving however. o

For Minion Moore to go to Ms St they would have to kick someone out ... cough cough I mean they would have to have a transfer LOL because they just reached 15 scholarship players for next year I am pretty sure (they had an incoming class of 5 and just got two transfers ... The 6’6” girl and Sydney Cooke)

Bye, Nyah Tate. We hardly knew you.

If they get Minyon, Myah Tate has to know her days are numbered as well and she might as well transfer.

Reactions: SCspur

Has Marta visited us? Or anywhere for that matter?

Has Marta visited us? Or anywhere for that matter?

I haven't seen anything at all in terms of visits for her. I'm guessing she was waiting until term ends at Stanford, their finals are no joke I'm sure. I do hope she'll come for a visit, we would be silly not to offer at least.

Reactions: stlvolsfan

I'm aware, I wasn't insinuating she would be going to STATE, just that they were interested and she visited. Why would someone who had interest from at least 3 teams who have been to the final four in the last 2 seasons want to come to Tennessee? We aren't in that league right now as made obvious by the players we have been able to add.

Not to diminish what they might bring to our team, but they certainly weren't players that other programs were clamoring to sign.

I'm aware, I wasn't insinuating she would be going to STATE, just that they were interested and she visited. Why would someone who had interest from at least 3 teams who have been to the final four in the last 2 seasons want to come to Tennessee? We aren't in that league right now as made obvious by the players we have been able to add.

Not to diminish what they might bring to our team, but they certainly weren't players that other programs were clamoring to sign.

Gotcha ... I’m not arguing trust me 😃 I guess when the other Juco kept Mizzou on her list I was glad to see that she had an offer from Mizzu and chose to come home. Something also tells me Kellie isn’t done just yet.

As I and another poster alluded too it may take a cycle for Kellie to get some top recruits but that’s ok as long as the product on the floor is improved.

Shug Dickson transferred to Mizzou. She transferred from Tulsa to Texas Tech after her freshman year and before she ever played for them she transferred to Mizzou. She’s from STL, so maybe she just wanted to be closer to home.

Shug Dickson transferred to Mizzou. She transferred from Tulsa to Texas Tech after her freshman year and before she ever played for them she transferred to Mizzou. She’s from STL, so maybe she just wanted to be closer to home.

Interested to see how she plays. She was good at Tulsa. The Texas Tech stop was confusing.

I believe Stollings will have Tech back in the top 3 in the league within the next couple of years. She did a nice job at Minnesota in just a short time.

Bye, Nyah Tate. We hardly knew you.

If they get Minyon, Myah Tate has to know her days are numbered as well and she might as well transfer.

I just realized Ms St is at 16!! Not 15 if there roster is correct. 9 returning players + 5 incoming freshman+ 2 transfers makes 16! So Someone has to leave regardless and but to get Minion Moore 2 people would have to leave 🤔

Now Zion Campbell is a redshirt JR and just graduated so if she leaves that means only one person would need to transfer in order to get Moore.

I just realized Ms St is at 16!! Not 15 if there roster is correct. 9 returning players + 5 incoming freshman+ 2 transfers makes 16! So Someone has to leave regardless and but to get Minion Moore 2 people would have to leave 🤔

Now Zion Campbell is a redshirt JR and just graduated so if she leaves that means only one person would need to transfer in order to get Moore.

Zion participated in Senior Day. I think she's gone. Think I read somewhere that she's starting law school or some other 4 year graduate program.

Zion participated in Senior Day. I think she's gone. Think I read somewhere that she's starting law school or some other 4 year graduate program.

That would make sense... it was probably like who ever commits first will get the scholarship (between Cooke and Moore). There was no need for her to rush her decision with the options she had.

Reactions: Willtalk
That would make sense... it was probably like who ever commits first will get the scholarship (between Cooke and Moore). There was no need for her to rush her decision with the options she had.

My guess is that Vic had an idea for how he'd find room for all 3 of Morris, Cooke and Moore by the time they came for their visit, so it wouldn't be a first come, first serve situation.

Reactions: lvocd
Sniezek is from Washington, D.C. My gut tells me she’ll come back home, or close toit, to finish out her career. I would love so much to see her at Tennessee, though.

Reactions: mlindsay
Had a chance to go upstate NY and watch a girls basketball i think it was a all star game and wow this young girl can flat out play. She also scored 51 in a game this season. I understand some will say she is not ranked so she must not be any good. This girl has big time game and can play with the best of them. She is o the short side 5-5 5-6 but can hurt you off the dribble or from long range she was fun to watch. I found this highlight of her

Reactions: Ladyvol777
What is with kids transferring to rival schools?

In the case of Westbrook and Williams transferring to rival schools, it seems both are trying to prove a point to their previous destinations. Both cases are very petty and I don’t know about you Lady Vol fans but I hope SC pummels Mizzery into the ground every time we play them.

In the case of Westbrook and Williams transferring to rival schools, it seems both are trying to prove a point to their previous destinations. Both cases are very petty and I don’t know about you Lady Vol fans but I hope SC pummels Mizzery into the ground every time we play them.

I’ll be rooting for Mizzou as I do each time they play SC

Rivals play every year so not sure UCONN is a rival yet!

Westbrook wasted two years playing for a hack and now wants to be coached by one of the top coaches in the country and play with her friend. I doubt the non-existent rivalry played a part. Same with Williams. She got passed in the depth chart by Saxton this season, and knows that she will likely not see the court much with Grissette, Saxton and Harrigan returning plus two highly rated freshmen posts coming in. Missouri has a bunch of talented guards and wings, but lacks size inside. Plus maybe she was friends with Troup when they were recruited together.

Truth be told, I don't think the Lady Vols currently have an active rivalry with anyone. Well, maybe recently Mizzou because of Sophie Cunningham’s shenanigans, but she’s gone now.

Current Lady Vols likely don’t feel one iota of “rivalry” with Connecticut because the program is too far removed from having played them. Any rivalry that might still exist is strictly in the minds of longtime fans and those former players and coaches who were around during the years when there WAS a rivalry. And with Pat now gone, I don’t see how it could ever be quite as big as it once was.

Of course, I predict that Auriemma — the most predictable man outside of the one currently living at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue — will attempt to resurrect the rivalry by making some rude, obnoxious comments about Tennessee and/or Kellie J. Harper in the weeks running up to our next meeting.

*groan*

Reactions: Hangtyme24
I’ll be rooting for Mizzou as I do each time they play SC

How has that been working for you?...

After all the theatrics of the first couple games SC pretty much showed Missouri they were inferior, especially last year. Missouri will definitely be solid these next couple of years but I don’t see them on SC’s level.

How has that been working for you?...

After all the theatrics of the first couple games SC pretty much showed Missouri they were inferior, especially last year. Missouri will definitely be solid these next couple of years but I don’t see them on SC’s level.

How has it been working? I cheer whenever Mizzou or any team beats SC. Your use of the word inferior rubs me the wrong way. Williams was wise to leave SC.

How has it been working? I cheer whenever Mizzou or any team beats SC. Your use of the word inferior rubs me the wrong way. Williams was wise to leave SC.

Good for you lol! Guess you’ll be cheering against us when we win the SEC this year right? Was I wrong in saying their inferior? When they played straight up without the elbows, pushing, and technical fouls SC was far and away the better team. Williams made the decision that’s best for her and I wish her luck. I highly doubt she would’ve gotten much playing time at SC had she stayed so a wise decision indeed.

Reactions: Smallvol#1

VN Store

Back