.. 3 Big Ten regular season championships 2012-14
.. 3x Big Ten Coach of the Year 2012-2014
.. Seasoned recruiter that signed 6 McDonald's All-Americans to Penn State

Notre Dame assistant /associate head coach 1999-2007
.. 2001 NCAA Championship & 4 Sweet 16 appearances in 8 seasons
WNBA player 1999-2003 Houston Comets 2000 WNBA championship
Notre Dame player 1989-92

Last edited:
Sheri Coale making big moves in the off season as far as coaching goes. Hope this works out for Jackie! I figured she would stay close to Kansas, kind of surprised she left Mo State.

Wow, Sherri has put together quite a staff this offseason in Norman. Hope it helps them on the court and in recruiting. She's got talented players on that roster.

Reactions: VolBall09
Wow, Sherri has put together quite a staff this offseason in Norman. Hope it helps them on the court and in recruiting. She's got talented players on that roster.

Yep looks like she's serious about getting things turned around. From what I heard a big issue with their transfers from the guard spot were due to her having her son working with the guards. She needs to tell him to go find another job coaching HS or something and get some experience. He was running off her best players based on the information I have. If he's still involved things may be no better. Both Dungee and Pellington are incredibly talented and their transfers set OU back a ton.

She also grossly mis-managed Nancy Mulkey. I found it offensive that she would put her in for just the tip to start the game and then not play her again all night. She obviously needed to develop some, but no reason 6'9" couldn't have gotten some quality minutes against some of the lesser teams in the BIG 12. Tina Langley has used her much more effectively at Rice.

Coale is definitely still in the hot seat though. She is getting paid well enough that she needs to make big improvements next season or she's done for. They can't keep paying her a million+ to have sub .500 seasons.

Reactions: BUBear
Hannah Gusters announcing on her Instagram that she is announcing her commitment soon. Baylor vs UConn vs TX most likely.

Yep looks like she's serious about getting things turned around. From what I heard a big issue with their transfers from the guard spot were due to her having her son working with the guards. She needs to tell him to go find another job coaching HS or something and get some experience. He was running off her best players based on the information I have. If he's still involved things may be no better. Both Dungee and Pellington are incredibly talented and their transfers set OU back a ton.

She also grossly mis-managed Nancy Mulkey. I found it offensive that she would put her in for just the tip to start the game and then not play her again all night. She obviously needed to develop some, but no reason 6'9" couldn't have gotten some quality minutes against some of the lesser teams in the BIG 12. Tina Langley has used her much more effectively at Rice.

Coale is definitely still in the hot seat though. She is getting paid well enough that she needs to make big improvements next season or she's done for. They can't keep paying her a million+ to have sub .500 seasons.
Jackie Stiles Named Assistant Coach - OUHoops

As OU WBB fans it is incumbent upon us to fully support this staff. But I do have concerns despite both assistant being quality coaches that the experience of the entire staff is too concentrated from a playing and coaching perspective on guard play.

We have a desperate need for the acquistion of a post and power forward as well as the development of their skill set.
I feel a coach that had played the 4/5 on the college and WNBA level might have done a better job addressing those needs.

Jackie Stiles Named Assistant Coach - OUHoops

As OU WBB fans it is incumbent upon us to fully support this staff. But I do have concerns despite both assistant being quality coaches that the experience of the entire staff is too concentrated from a playing and coaching perspective on guard play.

We have a desperate need for the acquistion of a post and power forward as well as the development of their skill set. I feel a coach that had played the 4/5 on the college and WNBA level might have done a better job addressing those needs.

Very possibly they would have had room on their staff for just such a coach if Sherri wasn't employing her son. Both Stiles and Washington have YEARS of experience coaching guards, playing women's basketball and have been part of successful programs. I would prefer to have them working with my guards over a 24yo man who married his mom's former point guard.

She really needed to get rid of him and bring in a bigs coach to go with the two other new hires.

Reactions: BUBear
Very possibly they would have had room on their staff for just such a coach if Sherri wasn't employing her son. Both Stiles and Washington have YEARS of experience coaching guards, playing women's basketball and have been part of successful programs. I would prefer to have them working with my guards over a 24yo man who married his mom's former point guard.

She really needed to get rid of him and bring in a bigs coach to go with the two other new hires.
Yep. 👍

Reactions: VolBall09
slimecap;

Additionally The WNBA trade involving Odyssey Sims and Alexis Jones
is stirring positive Baylor talk in the basketball community
.. Both were coached in high school by Baylor graduate Suzie Oelschlegel
.. Both were coached by Kim Mulkey
Top recruits, their parents and club ball/AAU coaches
look for program histories that help their young athletes achieve their WNBA dream.

Sarah Andrews and Hannah Gusters play for Oeleschlegel at Irving Mac. I'm hoping these two follow the others to Baylor.

Main note of interest here is that she is a three time state champ that has never tasted defeat in her high school career.

Now the question is just how good is Kansas HS GBB?

Main note of interest here is that she is a three time state champ that has never tasted defeat in her high school career.

Now the question is just how good is Kansas HS GBB?

I’m not sure, but that’s the same high school Jackie Stiles went to I believe.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back