Non-Lady Vol news 2018-19

Does anyone remember if Tennessee was in her final list of schools? I know we were recruiting her pretty hard. Any chance Kellie might be able to reel her in?

Jim

I know there was an interest on our part. As most top ten prospects are ...., The only time you don’t hear interest in top players is when the player does not reciprocate an interest! JMO

I remember a video of Muffin watching her in a practice or game . Hoopgurlz does not mention Tennessee as a team of interest on her Bio. ???

A player we had recruited Sidney Cooks 6'4" tall sophomore has entered the transfer portal from Michigan State. Some teams could recruit from the transfer portal of course a year wait but a quick way to get experienced players instead of high school players. That portal is approaching 300 names.

A player we had recruited Sidney Cooks 6'4" tall sophomore has entered the transfer portal from Michigan State. Some teams could recruit from the transfer portal of course a year wait but a quick way to get experienced players instead of high school players. That portal is approaching 300 names.
Sidney Cooks would be a great player to get. She was #5 Hoopgurlz in 2017. She developed Achilles tendonitis in Dec. 2017 and it was still bothering her this season. I don't think she would've been coming off the bench if she had been healthy. She also was MVP of either a USA basketball international tournament, or an all star game - I forget which.

Elizabeth Balogun and Elizabeth Dixon are both transferring to Louisville. Also Kianna Smith from Cal. Per Raoul

2ylib8.jpg

Elizabeth Balogun and Elizabeth Dixon are both transferring to Louisville. Also Kianna Smith from Cal. Per Raoul
That is the kind of program Walz runs send people packing and then pick up players in the transfer portal. That is why we need to keep that one year no play rule even if the coach leaves. In softball is your coach leaves you can transfer and be eligible to play the next season I hope that never happens in basketball.

Reactions: sccshortstop
To add I don't care if coaches recruit this way if you can find five players in the transfer portal you like that are no more than sophomores then a great way to get a top rated class without even looking at a high school player. A lot of terrific players in the portal see five you could easily pick out and let that be your class for 2020. Only ok with me though if your not running anybody on the present roster off. Cause some will get the portal kids and still sign three or four top recruits if they can get them then clear the bench of some present scholarship players that may not have lived up to expectations.

That is the kind of program Walz runs send people packing and then pick up players in the transfer portal. That is why we need to keep that one year no play rule even if the coach leaves. In softball is your coach leaves you can transfer and be eligible to play the next season I hope that never happens in basketball.

Stop Stop ! Please don`t hate the coach hate the game, And for you to say that is the kind of program Walz runs send people packing and then pick up players in the transfer portal is just not fair.

Last edited:
Reactions: cutiepie5

Waltz is who we thought he was ! 😁. Many on this forum were disappointed we did not get him to coach here ? As I look at potential recruits I have noticed many recruits list Louisville and Kentucky as an interest. Sometimes it seems that they offer everyone in the top fifty a scholarship? Both coaches have a past of recruits leaving their programs ! Makes you wonder what’s going on at their universities.
The thing that I hope does not happen is Louisville takes a couple of Tennessee recruits and goes to a final four and we do not make it ? Just saying

I am amazed at the lack of basketball knowledge in this forum. Some of you are still living in the 80-90s as far as how this works. We were mid pack SEC last year. Say what you want. UK beat us. Alabama and Vandy beat us. Let that sink in. Walz is a top coach in America.

Stop Stop ! Please don`t hate the coach hate the game, And for you to say that is the kind of program Walz runs send people packing and then pick up players in the transfer portal is just not fair.
Louisville is in the top five in transfer rate in the last five years. Not as powerful as South Carolina but he holds his own with everyone else.

Reactions: djtee
Does anyone remember if Tennessee was in her final list of schools? I know we were recruiting her pretty hard. Any chance Kellie might be able to reel her in?

Jim

She had official visits at 4 Big Ten schools and UCLA. I think she wanted to stay in the Midwest (and visit California).

Not that much older? He's 33 and she's still in college -- either 21 or 22. Double digits in years is a big age difference no matter how you slice it, especially when one person isn't even out of college yet.

Also, he's so old that Candace dated him when they were in HS. He's only a year younger than LeBron and he's engaged to a college girl? Sorry, sounds like a weirdo to me. I realize men (especially straight men) seem to think they can get anyone they want as they get older, but that's more than a bit creepy to me. I realize everyone is different, but I'd doubt that relationship lasts. A lot of relationships with large age gaps don't last.

Also Te'a's family is pretty well off. Similar to Diamond's. I doubt it has anything to do with money.

Wait. He dated Candace?!!!

Apparently, the ACC has changed its rules on intraconference transfers starting with the 2019-20 season, so the players transferring from Georgia Tech to Louisville won't lose a season of eligibility

Apparently, the ACC has changed its rules on intraconference transfers starting with the 2019-20 season, so the players transferring from Georgia Tech to Louisville won't lose a season of eligibility

It’ll be interesting I feel like the two GTech players will file for immediate playing time and because their coach was fired because of possible mistreatment of players might get to play this year. I think Smith sits a year and waits... Jeff had a good team coming back but these transfers help him tremendously. UL should be the top team with ND losing 5 starters. But adding 3 McD AA does help. Jeff has 5 guards retuning this year got two more thru this transfer and two more in the 2019 class. Of course not all will play but that does dwindle playing time some.

It’ll be interesting I feel like the two GTech players will file for immediate playing time and because their coach was fired because of possible mistreatment of players might get to play this year. I think Smith sits a year and waits... Jeff had a good team coming back but these transfers help him tremendously. UL should be the top team with ND losing 5 starters. But adding 3 McD AA does help. Jeff has 5 guards retuning this year got two more thru this transfer and two more in the 2019 class. Of course not all will play but that does dwindle playing time some.

I agree Smith will sit a year i have watched tape on her she has big time talent and will be a good one in Jeff system.

Baylor Lady Bears (@BaylorWBB) Tweeted:
Tonight we celebrate the 2018-19 season at our annual postseason banquet!
#SicEm Baylor Lady Bears on Twitter

Team awards at the banquet

Co-MVP Kalani Brown & Lauren Cox
Academic Lauren Cox top GPA 3.92
Co-Defensive Lauren Cox & DiDi Richards
Coaches' Moon Ursin
Most Improved Juicy Landrum
Newcomer of the Year NaLyssa Smith
Melissa Jones Hustle & Courage Chloe Jackson

Last edited:
Reactions: stlvolsfan

VN Store