Non-Lady Vol news 2018-19

Speculation, but I bet Geno will be trying to get in touch with Harrigan. She would fit pretty well in his system with her mobility, shot blocking and ability to hit the long range shot. And he needs size in the worst way possible right now.

Put a heavy bet not going to UConn. She has to sit out a year, and then will be a senior. Her leaving as a non grad transfer with 1 year left is very odd.

Last edited:
But a heavy bet not going to UConn. She has to sit out a year, and then will be a senior. Her leaving as a non grad transfer with 1 year left is very odd.

Don't be so certain, more and more these days the NCAA is granting players immediate eligibility. Particularly if they have a good reason for leaving. We've now seen this with several high profile transfers. Andra Espinoza Hunter from UCONN to MSST and Jess Shepherd, who was maybe the most controversial from Nebraska to Notre Dame.

Additionally, even if she has to sit a year I believe he still would be interested. He hasn't signed any significant size for 2020, just Bruckers and for 2019 he has Griffin who is generously listed at 6'1" but is a perimeter player. She would be a big help for them. That's just the first program that came to mind that would be interested in a good transfer with some size.

Last edited:
Don't be so certain, more and more these days the NCAA is granting players immediate eligibility. Particularly if they have a good reason for leaving. We've now seen this with several high profile transfers. Andra Espinoza Hunter from UCONN to MSST and Jess Shepherd, who was maybe the most controversial from Nebraska to Notre Dame.

Shepard's waiver was purely b/c it was ND. They suddenly granted a waiver after ND had multiple ACL injuries. Shepard's public statements on the reason for transferring had nothing to do with "hardship", unless your current team sucking is a hardship and saying I want to play for championships, develop for the WNBA,. AEH was not playing b/c she refused to do what was being asked. That gets you spot on the pine b/c you lose the entire team if you play somebody not doing what's being asked, while everybody else does. AEH was told essentially if you want to be on the team you need to do what everybody else does. She was given time in December in 2017, to make her decision and she chose to transfer. Geno was recorded on video saying if I ask you do something over and over and you don't you're not going to be here. I don't want your here. That's clearly what she put in her waiver request. Geno is not going to lose the team by giving special treatment to 1 kid that gets to play and not do what is asked of them, while everyone else does.

Shepard's waiver was purely b/c it was ND. They suddenly granted a waiver after ND had multiple ACL injuries. Shepard's public statements on the reason for transferring had nothing to do with "hardship", unless your current team sucking is a hardship and saying I want to play for championships, develop for the WNBA,. AEH was not playing b/c she refused to do what was being asked. That gets you spot on the pine b/c you lose the entire team if you play somebody not doing what's being asked, while everybody else does. AEH was told essentially if you want to be on the team you need to do what everybody else does. She was given time in December in 2017, to make her decision and she chose to transfer. Geno was recorded on video saying if I ask you do something over and over and you don't you're not going to be here. I don't want your here. That's clearly what she put in her waiver request. Geno is not going to lose the team by giving special treatment to 1 kid that gets to play and not do what is asked of them, while everyone else does.

Someone is obviously a UCONN fan.

According to a tweet posted by SUTS Report, a scouting service in Herbert Harrigan’s home state of Florida, she will not be a grad transfer and will have to sit out a season wherever she goes.

Whoever gets her are getting a very good player.

According to a tweet posted by SUTS Report, a scouting service in Herbert Harrigan’s home state of Florida, she will not be a grad transfer and will have to sit out a season wherever she goes.

Whoever gets her are getting a very good player.
Seriously. I wonder what's causing her to leave? Jackson and Williams can see the writing on the wall, but Kiki was positioned to be the star of the team next season.

Minyon Moore of USC and Marta Sniezek of Stanford have both entered the transfer portal as grad transfers.

Marta sat out this season with an injury, I am not surprised she is leaving Stanford as Kianna Williams seems to have solidified herself as the starting PG and will be returning. Sniezek, while not a big scorer, is a very cerebral player, makes great timely passes, and executes the offense perfectly. I imagine she will be picked up by a good program.

Minyon Moore was second on the team in scoring at 14.8 PPG, first in assists and A/T ratio and also led USC in rebounding at 5.5 per game from the guard spot. She is going to be a very popular grad transfer. I Expect to see her possibly playing on one of the Final Four teams from this year. Or possibly at Louisville, her sister played at Louisville and left on good terms to go play with Minyon at USC closer to home. She and Dana Evans would be a difficult backcourt to stop.

Reactions: stlvolsfan
Michigan State sophomore Sidney Cooks (6-4 forward, Kenosha, WI) has placed her name in the transfer portal; 2018-19 stats: played in 30 games, starting 8 and averaging 9.5 PPG and 4.5 RPG in 19.4 MPG

Reactions: mcannon1
Michigan State sophomore Sidney Cooks (6-4 forward, Kenosha, WI) has placed her name in the transfer portal; 2018-19 stats: played in 30 games, starting 8 and averaging 9.5 PPG and 4.5 RPG in 19.4 MPG

She was great for them off the bench. Good size and she can knock down long jumpers.

Many players seem to be transferring to chase a title. Only one team can win each year. I tip my hat off to players who honor their commitments and work their tails off to start if playing time is an issue, and those who learn to work through challenges with coaches and/or teammates. Just remember ladies, the grass isn’t always greener on the other side.

The transfer trend is deeply disturbing, to say the least.
It is. Don’t these kids ever want to graduate and either go pro or start a career? I can somewhat understand why people do the grad transfer thing, but who wants to just sit out a year and be a practice dummy? I admire those who honor their commitment, even when it’s bot easy.

Cooper recently became engaged to NBA player Dwight Howard, so my guess is that she may want to (or, maybe, HE wants her to) play somewhere near Washington, D.C., since Howard plays for the Wizards.

I hate to be negative, but I would bet money she has something to do with the culture problem and all these sudden transfers. Her attitude is just plain bad, nothing to do with her time at UT, but her demeanor on the SC bench this season was awful, she has no love for her teammates.

Just watch, I suspect a couple that said they were transferring a few days ago will mysteriously decide to return to SC now that she is transferring.

VN Store

Back