Non-Lady Vol news 2018-19

Two Words: Block. Party.
Jr Lauren Cox' is poised to pass Sr Kalani Brown this season barring injury. Updated totals thru last night's game:

BLOCKS

1. Brittney Griner - 748
2. Danielle Wilson - 249
3. Kalani Brown - 215
4. Lauren Cox - 213
5. Sune Agbuke - 182

Forget about catching that Griner kid.

I believe that you and Nute Gunray are correct about UConn's success in championship games. It's my understanding that Coach Mulkey plans to throw the All-Name Team at them if we meet in the finals:

PG-Juicy Landrum
SG-Moon Ursin
SF-DiDi Richards (not really so uncommon)
PF-Queen Egbo
C-Lauren Cox™ ***note***

***Not sure if Geno has taught them how to handle Cox™*** 🤔

BTW, (Moon) Ursin is a Soph that was way underrated as she elected to bypass the AAU Circuit and train each summer with her dad instead.
Due to error of omission (my bad 🙊) DiDi Richards will be benched in favor of Honesty Scott-Grayson.

Sorry DiDi but Honesty is the best policy. 🙈

Georgia Tech: Head coach MaChelle Joseph "has been placed on leave, effective Wednesday, Feb. 27." Asst. coach Mark Simmons serving as acting head coach. "As it is a pending personnel matter, Georgia Tech will have no further comment at this time

Reactions: stlvolsfan
Georgia Tech: Head coach MaChelle Joseph "has been placed on leave, effective Wednesday, Feb. 27." Asst. coach Mark Simmons serving as acting head coach. "As it is a pending personnel matter, Georgia Tech will have no further comment at this time
Wow! Wonder what that's all about?

Penn State season has ended and Coquese Washington the head coach is pretty much out of a Job. Her contract expires after this year and five years without making the NCAA Tournament. To me that`s just a bad job of coaching like Holly.

It's unclear if DiDi Richards will suit up or play for Baylor tonight vs K State as her PaPa's funeral was scheduled for today.

Thoughts and prayers to DiDi and her family in this great time of sorrow.
More sad news. Moon Ursin's grandfather passed before the start of yesterday's game. This was the first time that Moon or DiDi have lost close family members. Moon did a short interview with ESPN Central Texas.

MOON URSIN 3-10-19 - Baylor Audio - Omny.fm

Thoughts and prayers to these young ladies and their families.

I thought Iowa looked very good over Maryland tonight. Gustafson 17-24 from the floor with 45 points. She was unstoppable. She single-handedly fouled out two Terps and another had 3 trying to find a way to stop her.

I wouldn’t want to be playing them in the tournament. Gustafson is just so reliable and they have some players that will knock in the 3 when needed. When they play tough defense like tonight their offense does the rest.

More sad news. Moon Ursin's grandfather passed before the start of yesterday's game. This was the first time that Moon or DiDi have lost close family members. Moon did a short interview with ESPN Central Texas.

MOON URSIN 3-10-19 - Baylor Audio - Omny.fm

Thoughts and prayers to these young ladies and their families.
Prayers for the families. I love Moon and Richards games. I think it will be Baylor’s year because of the depth they have, but expect uconn, MS, louisville and ND to challenge.

Great game by Stanford after losing by 40 to Oregon at home recently. This should put MS as a number 1 seed

Kim Mulkey Hang'em Up???

During last night's Championship acceptance speech she made this comment " i may not coach another game". BIG XII Championships are now hers by default and if she wins her third NCAA Championship this season she might just call it a career.

I'm getting the sadz.

Kim Mulkey Hang'em Up???

During last night's Championship acceptance speech she made this comment " i may not coach another game". BIG XII Championships are now hers by default and if she wins her third NCAA Championship this season she might just call it a career.

I'm getting the sadz.

I sure hope not, I love watching her coach. She was very emotional after the game yesterday. I wonder if she’s thinking about leaving Baylor? She kept saying she didn’t even think Baylor appreciated what their women’s basketball program has accomplished under her.

Everyone knows their athletics department has been a mess the last few years with the sexual assault fallout and Kim was in the mix of it. Would be sad to see her just give it all up.

I sure hope not, I love watching her coach. She was very emotional after the game yesterday. I wonder if she’s thinking about leaving Baylor? She kept saying she didn’t even think Baylor appreciated what their women’s basketball program has accomplished under her.

Everyone knows their athletics department has been a mess the last few years with the sexual assault fallout and Kim was in the mix of it. Would be sad to see her just give it all up.
The past two years have been rough on her. She lost her first grandchild...notice how she held her second grand baby.

She is very, very close to both DiDi Richards and Moon Ursin who have both lost grandpa's within the past month. Some folks feel as though she may just be ready to be a grandma.

Reactions: VolBall09
A once proud program now in total decline.

Idus Martiae...Phil Fulmer.

Thats now two Big 12 Freshman of the Year, including Chelsea Dungee, in the last 3 years leaving Oklahoma. Nancy Mulkey also left and has had a really nice season at Rice after barely playing at OU except to do the jump then come straight out.

Last edited:
Reactions: BUBear
Thats now two Big 12 Freshman of the Year in the last 3 years leaving Oklahoma. Nancy Mulkey also left and has had a really nice season at Rice after barely playing at OU except to do the jump then come straight out.
It isn't hard to imagine what their team could have been this season had those players stayed. This current Sooner team played UConn one whale of a game...then packed it in.

Sherri Coale has burned down what she built.

It isn't hard to imagine what their team could have been this season had those players stayed. This current Sooner team played UConn one whale of a game...then packed it in.

Sherri Coale has burned down what she built.

Yeah I've heard they just have a ton of drama in their program and have for some time. I lived in Oklahoma for 8 years and a lot of the top in-state recruits had absolutely no interest in going there after they heard some of the things that went on. Seems like beginning of the end was around the time Jenna Plumley left, she was super fun to watch, but had a bunch of disciplinary issues and was kicked off. I think that was 09-10 or 10-11, since then they have really had limited success. After that season it has been steady decline culminating in the last two seasons of 1 game over .500 and then 8-22 this year.

They used to be one of my favorites to watch when the Paris twins were there. Courtney is still one of my all time favorites, nobody dominated the inside like she did. 112 consecutive double doubles is mind boggling. They also had a shooter named Erin Higgins(?) I think, she was dynamite, would drill it from 2 steps over half court at crunch time. Fun stuff.

Reactions: BUBear

VN Store

Back