Non-Lady Vol news 2018-19

Saxton needs another year of strength and practice finishing around the rim. She’s as athletic as they come but she gets affected when players bump her or tries to challenge her shots. HH has been very disappointing these last couple of games. Hope she turns it around on Sunday.

I agree with you she another strength and practice finishing around the rim. But she plays a lot and has been big in some games. Also note Davis has has been very disappointing to.

Reactions: SCspur
Congrats. Would she have done the same if she signed with us?
She may well have. Both her parents were All-Americans at La Tech. Her dad , PJ, played 11 years in the NBA (won a ring with the Celtics) and taught her allot about the game but she gives the majority of credit for her success to her mother.

Is anyone else watching the Baylor vs Texas game? I’m a Holly apologist and geez I love watching Kim Mulkey coach.
Started off close, but now Baylor pulling away. Good to see Mulkey looks recovered from her injury. She is moving around well on the sidelines. They will probably be the favorite the NC, but uconn, Louisville and probably ND will have a good chance. If ND improves on defense, they will be tough.

Started off close, but now Baylor pulling away. Good to see Mulkey looks recovered from her injury. She is moving around well on the sidelines. They will probably be the favorite the NC, but uconn, Louisville and probably ND will have a good chance. If ND improves on defense, they will be tough.
I really thought Texas would be better this year. They’ve been just as disappointing as Tenn this year. Baylor definitely has the best chance at the NC. I don’t know who can match all of that heigth.

I really thought Texas would be better this year. They’ve been just as disappointing as Tenn this year. Baylor definitely has the best chance at the NC. I don’t know who can match all of that heigth.
etrash 7:07p
[WARNING: potential political post]

Want to get the wall built quickly, easily, and with no national emergency?

Send the Texas team to the Rio Grande and let them keep putting up bricks.

From hornfans.com:

txtreefan
100+ Posts

That's the fewest points scored in a game since 1975, and the second fewest points scored in Texas women's basketball history. Way to go, Karen Aston...

etrash 7:07p
[WARNING: potential political post]

Want to get the wall built quickly, easily, and with no national emergency?

Send the Texas team to the Rio Grande and let them keep putting up bricks.

Poor Danni Williams with 0 points. I wonder if she regrets leaving College Station? Sure, Chennedy can be a ballhog, but she was still putting up a lot of points. She's been a busy at Texas thus far.

Poor Danni Williams with 0 points. I wonder if she regrets leaving College Station? Sure, Chennedy can be a ballhog, but she was still putting up a lot of points. She's been a busy at Texas thus far.

Yeah, looks like it was the best decision in the world for Anriel, and the worst for Danni. Blair ran a lot of plays for her still and she had more time to get her shot off. Karen’s idea of offense is much like Holly’s if it doesn’t come in transition, it’s hard to come by.

The student definitely has not passed the master. Seems no love lost in that relationship.

Reactions: cutiepie5
Any thoughts on the upcoming MIZZOU/Auburn game? I feel like the outcome of that game will have big implications for us.

They played a tight game last year with MIZZOU winning a very low scoring contest. I feel like this is a better Auburn team than a season ago. They seem to be pretty evenly matched in terms of guard play. I believe Thompson can have as big a night on the interior as she wants against the MIZZOU post players.

Would think this will be a close one again, I would give Auburn the edge by a few points, I think their defense can really bother the guards from MIZZOU. They don't match up very will with Smith or Cunningham though. Auburn will have home court advantage.

A win for Auburn would put UT in good position to potentially get the fourth spot in the conference IF (IF AN ONLY IF) we are able to win out.

Absolutely called the outcome of thise one. But it was obviously a pipe dream hoping that we’d win out.

Aquira DeCosta for Baylor sure has been a bust. I was so disappointed when she didn't chose Tennessee, I believe she would be a great player but hardly ever get in the game. Tonight she played 7 minutes and was 0 for 3 shooting with 2 personal fouls

Reactions: ksl415
Aquira DeCosta for Baylor sure has been a bust. I was so disappointed when she didn't chose Tennessee, I believe she would be a great player but hardly ever get in the game. Tonight she played 7 minutes and was 0 for 3 shooting with 2 personal fouls
I thought she was coming to South Carolina :confused:

From hornfans.com:

txtreefan
100+ Posts

That's the fewest points scored in a game since 1975, and the second fewest points scored in Texas women's basketball history. Way to go, Karen Aston...
And so many of you are clamoring to have Aston replace Holly...she IS Holly. What exactly has she done to make so many of you want her? Recruited a bunch of high school All-Americans? Holly does that with ease. We need someone (if a change is made) with some fire in their gut...it’s not KA.

And so many of you are clamoring to have Aston replace Holly...she IS Holly. What exactly has she done to make so many of you want her? Recruited a bunch of high school All-Americans? Holly does that with ease. We need someone (if a change is made) with some fire in their gut...it’s not KA.

Karen may not be the best coach, but it's an insult to compare her to Holly. At least she's kept Texas in the top 15 all season, in spite of losing her best player early in the season.

People were saying much the same about Lauren Cox this time her Fr season. Reports from practice on DeCosta have been glowing. Non of this top ranked Fr class has seen the floor much this season as it takes time to perfect Kim's defense ( third season in a row that Baylor leads the nation).

With two departing Sr starters on this squad the minutes will be there next season. I'm withholding judgement until this time next year. 👍

You’re wrong, they’re currently ranked 18th and will fall again. She is Holly with an older team. Period.
And her best player is Sug Sutton, Higgs is missed, but idk what difference she would have made. Their problem is their weak/soft/inconsistent post play

Karen may not be the best coach, but it's an insult to compare her to Holly. At least she's kept Texas in the top 15 all season, in spite of losing her best player early in the season.
I have to agree with stlvolsfan on this one. Aston served on the staffs of Sonja Hogg, Jody Conradt (Baylor Girl) and Kim Mulkey... she was taught how to coach. Much like Holly, Karen was groomed to compete for ( AND win) championships. No excuses.

Reactions: stlvolsfan
People were saying much the same about Lauren Cox this time her Fr season. Reports from practice on DeCosta have been glowing. Non of this top ranked Fr class has seen the floor much this season as it takes time to perfect Kim's defense ( third season in a row that Baylor leads the nation).

With two departing Sr starters on this squad the minutes will be there next season. I'm withholding judgement until this time next year. 👍

DeCosta also way behind the others due to injuries. She lost significant practice and prep time earlier in the season.

I have to agree with stlvolsfan on this one. Aston served on the staffs of Sonja Hogg, Jody Conradt (Baylor Girl) and Kim Mulkey... she was taught how to coach. Much like Holly, Karen was groomed to compete for ( AND win) championships. No excuses.
I'm not saying that Karen is a good coach. She's underachieving with Texas, but at least she's kept them in the rankings. She's nowhere near the dumpster fire that Holly has been.

Reactions: 1reVOLver

VN Store

Back