Non-Lady Vol news 2018-19

Cox is an amazing defensive player. She deserves serious recognition for how she changes the game for Baylor's opponents.
Her years of playing volleyball have served her well. Timing is everything.

Moon Ursin of Baylor is a bundle of energy on both sides of the court. Had DeCosta been set back by injuries?

What a year!

the difference the bench and rebounding Notre Dame is trying to max out the starting five 40 mins if they can. I watched the game Miami beat them on the glass and Hof of Miami was big. Went right after Turner and Shepard.

Reactions: VolBall09
Down go the Irish. Bea is having a remarkable season considering. She had her 18th DBL/DBL of the season in the Canes big win over ND.

Sic'em Bea!

if chennedy carter was not a ball hog they would have beat Missouri last night. She took 33 shots 33 and only scored 28 pts.
There is a forward/center for A&M that had some big shots inside last night. I believe she was a transfer from another school.

Stanford’s defense tonight against Oregon State has been absolutely phenomenal. Haven’t allowed them to do anything within their offense and any drive to the basket for Oregon St. has been an emphatic rejection by Alana Smith or Maya Dodson. After that last second loss to CAL I think they woke up a little.

Last edited:
Hopefully she will take 33 against us and only score 28 if that happens we have a chance to beat them down there.

We have the same problem with our team game after game. Zaay Green 245 shots 224 points, Massengill 97 shots 82 points, Burrell 106 and 94, everybody else doing fine.

Westbrook 282 for 351, Davis 247 for 289, C. Green 140 for 185, KK 83 for 109, Collins 79 for 107, Jackson 189 for 239. That is why I have said these six should be playing most of the minutes and starting until the freshmen become more efficient they should have backup playing time just so these six players can get a rest break.

I wonder if Holly listen to to UConn Geno Auriemma today i did he said i need to play Olivia Nelson-Ododa because i need her and that`s what he is doing tonight.

Reactions: 1reVOLver
I wonder if Holly listen to to UConn Geno Auriemma today i did he said i need to play Olivia Nelson-Ododa because i need her and that`s what he is doing tonight.
He knows how to coach. SC played out of their minds the first half... and then...
Auriemma made halftime adjustments, and whipped them in thhe second. 97-79 final.

Holly's idea of halftime tinkering? Take whatever's working and bench them.

He knows how to coach. SC played out of their minds the first half... and then...
Auriemma made halftime adjustments, and whipped them in thhe second. 97-79 final.

True !

I wasn't sure how to take Dawn's comment last night in the postgame presser. . . "Nobody in the SEC plays like Uconn". Surely they are beatable (maybe not by her). This year they are just a good time, among a lot of good teams.

SCs quick guards were killing UConn in the lane. After the game Collier (31 pts) said at the break they focused on what to do to take away what was workjng for SC. Part of the halftime adjustment was to sub in ONO to take up some space there. She ended up with a couple of blocks and SC was unable to drive to the basket at will. He pulled her in the 4th and SC scored 8 quick points but it was too late by then.

SCs quick guards were killing UConn in the lane. After the game Collier (31 pts) said at the break they focused on what to do to take away what was workjng for SC. Part of the halftime adjustment was to sub in ONO to take up some space there. She ended up with a couple of blocks and SC was unable to drive to the basket at will. He pulled her in the 4th and SC scored 8 quick points but it was too late by then.

Exactly and they protected her with that 2-3 Zone because she can’t defend in man to man yet. Jennings dropped the ball because she never established herself as a low post presence. Luckily for SC we won’t have to deal with Samuelson and Collier next year and we add Boston and Amihere down low with Zia and Brea joining the backcourt. I like our chances next year especially in Columbia where the zebras won’t give UConn every call.

VN Store

Back