Non-Lady Vol news 2018-19

This UConn and Baylor game had something no other teams has. Four number one players. UConn 2015. K. Samuelson, 2017. M. Walker, 2018. C. Williams..... Baylor 2016. L. Cox in the same game. Next year UConn (2) Baylor (1) Stanford (1). I was so happy Baylor won this game, they had the # 1 class 2018 so they want have any drop off like UConn will. Can't wait till our Lady Vols play UConn next year.
Hoping the LVs kick some UConn...

Sic'em Vols!!!

Reactions: Ladyvol777
Collier is the best player on UConn, and she wasn't #1.

2-Durr
3-Jess Shepard
6-N. Collier
10-Ogunbawale
11-K. Brown
12-Te’a Cooper

What surprised me the most was Teairra McCowan being ranked at 45. I don’t know much about her doing her high school days but I guess she was either just overlooked, a decent player out of H.S? And just really improved herself.

2-Durr
3-Jess Shepard
6-N. Collier
10-Ogunbawale
11-K. Brown
12-Te’a Cooper

What surprised me the most was Teairra McCowan being ranked at 45. I don’t know much about her doing her high school days but I guess she was either just overlooked, a decent player out of H.S? And just really improved herself.
McCowen sould have been an aggy.

McCowen sould have been an aggy.

l I thought she originally was going to sign with another school but then they had to pull back because of grades or something like that then she was cleared at the last min by the clearinghouse? That’s what the say-so was about her because she signed LATE ...

2-Durr
3-Jess Shepard
6-N. Collier
10-Ogunbawale
11-K. Brown
12-Te’a Cooper

I didn't think so when they were HS seniors, but this class ended up being crazy good. Those players you mentioned, and others like Anigwe, Mabrey, etc...will make some WNBA GMs very happy.

McCowan was probably rated where she should have been coming out of HS, but has gotten the coaching and clearly put in the work to improve her game. Teams that passed on her must be kicking themselves right about now.

l I thought she originally was going to sign with another school but then they had to pull back because of grades or something like that then she was cleared at the last min by the clearinghouse? That’s what the say-so was about her because she signed LATE ...

Committed to Baylor, right?

Committed to Baylor, right?

Not Baylor. Teaira wanted to go to Baylor, but Kim said she'd pass since she got letters from Brown and Mompremier in the same class. Kim said so on the eve of the Baylor/MSST game in the tourney a few years back, and that it was tough having to tell kids like her "no".

SC 45 Bama 44 third quarter. Both teams look terrible but we always can't seem to do anything against Bama so maybe they are better than they look.

My opinion is we should beat both these team handily.Were gonna have to play really bad to lose to either one of them.

Reactions: SCspur
My opinion is we should beat both these team handily.Were gonna have to play really bad to lose to either one of them.

You don’t watch horror movies do you ... LOL

It’s like the rule of saying things can’t get much worse... then BAM 😂

Watching Texas vs WVU. 11-10 WVU with 8 min left in the 2nd quarter. This is turrible basketball. It's not even good defense. These girls just can't play!

MSST up 76-60 on UK midway through the 4th quarter. This is a rough game. Refs letting a lot of rough play slide, so when. They do blow the whistle it's usually a football hit.

McCowan relatively invisible, but Howard, Bibby and Dansberry are getting it done on offense and defense. They look good, despite the turnovers. Lot of offensive firepower on this team.

Damn. The injury bug is really starting to hit. In a span of 3 days 3 different top teams in the country lost starters. Stanford lost Nadia Fingall, Oregon St lost Kat Tudor and NC State lost its leading scorer all to ACL tears 👀👀

Reactions: RollerVol
UGA down 57-59 on the road at MSST going into the 4th. They are smothering McCowan, and their guards + Robinson are scoring pretty efficiently. UGA will be a tough outing on Sunday.

About Damn Time!

This was just ridiculous. Glad this was put on blast to show the insides and politics of the AHSAA. They should be terminated!

It's just temporary at this point, but hopefully it becomes permanent. There was a temporary stay placed on the AHSAA's decision pending a hearing.

VN Store

Back