Non-Lady Vol news 2018-19

Rickea Jackson to Mississippi St. Congrats! I’m happy for her and the bulldogs. SEC has signed some amazing players.

I believe Miss. State will have the same problem next year that we have this year. We have experienced guards/wings, and quality, but not experienced post.

Anriel Howard had a monster game, 24 & 13. It’ll be interesting to see how our post fair against theirs.

South Carolina definitely has more than one thing to figure out about their team.

SC hit only 1 of 21 three-pointers (.048%). Bad Girl Cooper went 0 for 6 (.000%).

Maryland has a very good basketball team.

Reactions: Rickster
I knew the cocks lost a lot from last year, but they have looked woeful so far this year. They need to improve and quickly if they want to contend.

In other news Georgia Tech beat UGA by 10. The dawgs have some work to do as well. That's the dawgs 2nd loss.

Reactions: Rickster
We will see how much work we have to do after this tournament coming up. My big concern is KK and how she reacts to better competition.

Rae B. Is not shy putting up the shots.

We will see how much work we have to do after this tournament coming up. My big concern is KK and how she reacts to better competition.

Rae B. Is not shy putting up the shots.

i`m with you on KK let`s see how she reacts to better competition. As for Rae she has game and might be playing with a chip on her shoulder ESPN had her ranked # 43

Reactions: cutiepie5
I think we need to be worrying about Lady vols not S.C because we have our own elephant to worry about.
Well, this thread is all about non-Lady Vol news so...….. I assume that is the discussion in here. If you don't like it, don't read it.

We have no idea what we have yet. That answer is coming soon. I'm glad the newbies have a little game experience under their belt. I am worried about our post play this year. I hope it's better than I suspect.

Reactions: cutiepie5
Well, this thread is all about non-Lady Vol news so...….. I assume that is the discussion in here. If you don't like it, don't read it.

We have no idea what we have yet. That answer is coming soon. I'm glad the newbies have a little game experience under their belt. I am worried about our post play this year. I hope it's better than I suspect.

Yep

South Carolina 1 of 21 from the three really can't win if you shoot the three that bad. Teams just pack in the zone and say shoot it. I had said before the season starting where were they going to get outside shooting and SC posters said they had some people well where were they at yesterday. If you only make 6 more or 7 of 21 which is only 33 percent you are at least in the game plus 18 makes it 85 to 79. 8 of 14 from the line 57 percent which is a concern of mine with our own team. 35.6 percent overall as a team not going to win shooting there. I believe Maryland is a very good team but SC looks headed for double digit losses unless something gets a lot better real soon. They have to play Miss St twice, Baylor, at Duke, at Tennessee, at UConn, at Texas A&M, at LSU, at Kentucky who is playing really well. So they have to get better fast or most of those games looks like losses.

Last edited:
Reactions: volnationnj
South Carolina 1 of 21 from the three really can't win if you shoot the three that bad. Teams just pack in the zone and say shoot it. I had said before the season starting where were they going to get outside shooting and SC posters said they had some people well where were they at yesterday. If you only make 6 more or 7 of 21 which is only 33 percent you are at least in the game plus 18 makes it 85 to 79. 8 of 14 from the line 57 percent which is a concern of mine with our own team. 35.6 percent overall as a team not going to win shooting there. I believe Maryland is a very good team but SC looks headed for double digit losses unless something gets a lot better real soon. They have to play Miss St twice, Baylor, at Duke, at Tennessee, at UConn, at Texas A&M, at LSU, at Kentucky who is playing really well. So they have to get better fast or most of those games looks like losses.

They also have to play Alabama, Kentucky, Florida and others and those aren't guaranteed wins the way they are playing.

Reactions: Volfan2012

VN Store

Back