Non-Lady Vol news 2018-19

Id take Durr over any of the players listed any day . She will most likely have the most successful WNBA career of them all possibly . Unless Ionescu becomes the next Diana Bird lol

I’m taking Ionescu with the number one pick and trading moriah Jefferson or Kelsey plum

Reactions: xtpsrh08123
WBB: Chasity Patterson, 5-5 sophomore point guard out of Houston, Texas, has announced that she's transferring from Texas; averaged 2.8 PPG in 7.6 MPG last season; McDonald's All-American and top-five recruit in the 2017 class
Per @taoul

WBB: Chasity Patterson, 5-5 sophomore point guard out of Houston, Texas, has announced that she's transferring from Texas; averaged 2.8 PPG in 7.6 MPG last season; McDonald's All-American and top-five recruit in the 2017 class
Per @taoul

Explains why she didnt play last exhibition. Karen frustrated alot of people around these parts with that move and here are the results.

Explains why she didnt play last exhibition. Karen frustrated alot of people around these parts with that move and here are the results.

I doubt Patterson is leaving because of her minutes during the exhibition alone. She seemed to in general be in Aston's doghouse. Maybe deservedly, who knows? But it sure looks like her and Rellah Booth ended up being collosal busts as college players.

Number 3 Oregon squeaked by number 23 Syracuse this afternoon. I imagine the number 1 recruit, Haley Jones was in the crowd since she is on an official visIt at Oregon this weekend. If I was a recruit I think that court decor would turn me off. I was watching the game and my wife commented that the court was dirty and I had to explain that it was not dirt.

We should know where a few of the remaining recruits are headed on Wednesday November 14th
Jackson, Boston, Jones, Amihere

Uconn and South Carolina should get at least one.

Reactions: Will83
After 957 days, Te’a Cooper is back. What’s changed for the star Gamecock transfer?

Tea cooper's "New Story"
Those hopes crumbled as Cooper tore her ACL in the summer, knocking her out for the season. She couldn’t even have surgery to repair the injury for three months because of blood clots. And without her, Tennessee regressed, falling in the second round of the NCAA tourney.

Finally, the announcement was made on Jan. 25 — there would be no waiver. Cooper would spend the rest of the year sidelined. Staley later said that the waiver was denied in part because Tennessee objected to it.

These 2 things stuck out to me
:oops:

Wow. Middleton broker her silence: “I didn’t feel like I was being pushed to the best of my abilities in several different ways,” she said. “I think I wanted (Warlick) to expect more from me and I think she put those expectations on other players.”

Women's basketball: A lot is being asked of Alexa Middleton this year, and that's exactly what she wants

I personally feel it is classless when transfers do this, just move on a keep your mouth shut. She isn't lighting the world on fire at Iowa State so far either. She has some potential but she was too slow defensively to guard SEC guards, she fouled a lot with the hand check trying the keep up, and made sloppy passes. Those are personal problems as a player, not caused by "not being pushed hard enough." Through 2 games at Iowa State she has 5 assists and 6 turnovers averaging 6 points. Pretty big talk for someone barely cutting the mustard.

This kid can fill it up . You will see Victoria Vivians esque type player

That's a stretch, she looks talented, but shes no VV. Biggest difference is how you can defend them, put a quick player with some length and defensive ability on her and you can shut her down. Didn't matter who or how many you threw at VV she was going to score and you were going to like it.

I personally feel it is classless when transfers do this, just move on a keep your mouth shut. She isn't lighting the world on fire at Iowa State so far either. She has some potential but she was too slow defensively to guard SEC guards, she fouled a lot with the hand check trying the keep up, and made sloppy passes. Those are personal problems as a player, not caused by "not being pushed hard enough." Through 2 games at Iowa State she has 5 assists and 6 turnovers averaging 6 points. Pretty big talk for someone barely cutting the mustard.

Personally, I feel like it was a fair criticism. I mean, fans had zero problems criticizing Middleton -- often extremely harshly -- throughout her career, and she was earning exactly $0 salary to have to put up with the endless negative chatter.

On the other hand, Holly is earning a tidy half a MILLION dollars a year, and so a mild critique from a former player is, IMO, entirely within bounds. Frankly, I hope Holly takes the comments to heart and learns from them.

P.S. I just discovered that Iowa State is playing Auburn tonight. Might be interesting to check that game out.

Last edited:
Reactions: NoBackBoard
Personally, I feel like it was a fair criticism. I mean, fans had zero problems criticizing Middleton -- often extremely harshly -- throughout her career, and she was earning exactly $0 salary to have to put up with the endless negative chatter.

On the other hand, Holly is earning a tidy half a MILLION dollars a year, and so a mild critique from a former player is, IMO, entirely within bounds. Frankly, I hope Holly takes the comments to heart and learns from them.

P.S. I just discovered that Iowa State is playing Auburn tonight. Might be interesting to check that game out.

It may very well be fair, unfortunately nobody but Holly and Alexa know the truth behind that situation. That’s why comments like that are out of line. Once you’ve moved on it is best to let the past be the past. I do agree that she was ridiculed by fans to an extent other players were not and that is unfortunate.

Reactions: Rickster and lvocd
Same if i were a WNBA GM id choose Durr over KLS any day .
I don't think it's so certain. Durr is a volume shooter that isn't always on. Yes, she's athletic and looks like a great guard, but how exactly well can she consistently shoot? When Louisville visited UCONN last year, they looked completely out classed in the first half, and Durr had basically no contribution. Meanwhile KLS is 6'3'', shoots above 45% from 3 point range, and can shoot extremely well coming off a screen. She even has a post up game. I don't think it's so certain.

Reactions: 1reVOLver
Iowa State beat Auburn by 3 last night. Middleton was 2 of 7 for 4 points, 4 assists, 2 turnovers and 1 steal in 26 minutes. She had 1 rebound and 0 fouls. How can you have zero fouls if you're playing tough defense. Seems like you would pick up one just by accident.

VN Store

Back