Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

I think Dawn will coach her up fast, always has with talent like this. Fulwiley will be SEC FOY, some think it will be the Williams girl for LSU, ok. maybe. But Fulwiley is different I think….DS just needs to let her play this next season where SC is rebuilding and let that awesomeness explode, mistakes be damned. This girl could be a female Maravich if given space to grow. You never know unless you let it rip. Look at her handles, and shooting, she plays like Pistol Pete did.. she just needs some good old fashioned coaching now..

There isn’t another player in this class with the same huge upside, I see the others also in this class, Williams esp., but watch and see if Fulwiley is not the best when all is said and done, she just has so much upside with her skills. Her kryptonite would be if she thinks she is already there…….she is not yet.

Let’s watch and see how this goes with her, but with the right touch, and the proper coaching, she is going to be one of the best players in WBB sooner than later. If she gets stifled at SC, she will move on fast, she is too good to sit for long. Yes, I see the potential road block ahead of her with Raven and now PaoPao, something has to give. Dawn loves her veteran players, but this time she must make an exception.
If the same holds true about how Henderson sat behind Ty Harris with this current group, the incoming freshman will and other point guards currently on the team will hardly see the floor. Dawn has her point guard in Raven Johnson for the next three years. Dawn is a next players turn kind of coach. As good as Destiny was, nobody other than Ty hardly saw the floor other than during sweep up duty.

Depends on your personal barometer of unnecessary . I personally liked her celebrations it was just once the volume of her making them ticked up a bit it became undisciplined wild play ala Zia Cooke as a freshmen.
I was not speaking of her celebrations but some fancy passes when a basic pass was all that was needed and fancy dribbling in one spot and not advancing the ball. However, I know some coaches don't have a problem with that.

I was not speaking of her celebrations but some fancy passes when a basic pass was all that was needed and fancy dribbling in one spot and not advancing the ball. However, I know some coaches don't have a problem with that.
Every motion needs to be generated to score points, or defend the basket. All other motion is a waste of energy.

Fulwiley, she has crazy skills…I believe she is a generational talent….wow. No way DS can sit her for most of the games this year, she has to get PT, she is too dynamic to sit for long. This isn’t a regular type 5 star out of HS, she is different. Regardless of HS rankings, she has every chance to be the best in that class.

Living in Columbia I've watched her beginning in the 7th grade when she started for Keenan HS. An amazing talent who I'd take over any of the higher rated players. Hope to see her and Edwards as teammates rather than foes.

Fulwiley is going to set some records…weird she got dropped to #10, she is every bit top 2 in that class. Watch.

If the same holds true about how Henderson sat behind Ty Harris with this current group, the incoming freshman will and other point guards currently on the team will hardly see the floor. Dawn has her point guard in Raven Johnson for the next three years. Dawn is a next players turn kind of coach. As good as Destiny was, nobody other than Ty hardly saw the floor other than during sweep up duty.

This is not true. While Tyasha started all 33 games, she only averaged 5 more mpg than Destanni did (28.7 vs 23.4 mpg), and Destanni was the top scorer off of the bench averaging 8.5 ppg during the 2019-20 season, which was Tyasha's senior season and her best season, at least offensively. Henderson was also 2nd on the team in assists per game to Harris. Hardly "sweep up duty"......

the articles on LSU athletics, and loss of scholarships in both major sports, and, and. they can only be pleased their women's basketball team is run clean and proper!

Hate all you want, but LSU has managed to buy themselves two high-profile national championships this year...

interesting word "hate." Personally I never use the word nor apply the concept. and particularly I don't have more emotions re this board than amusement - positive as well as what?
many years ago a local radio sports person asked his audience would you be willing for UT to cheat if necessary to win a national championship and overwhelming response was YES. their football recent success was giving a scholarship to a quarterback transfer who lead them to the desired championship but never completed a course

My problem is Louisiana as a state and it priorities.

Reactions: ReignSupreme
This is not true. While Tyasha started all 33 games, she only averaged 5 more mpg than Destanni did (28.7 vs 23.4 mpg), and Destanni was the top scorer off of the bench averaging 8.5 ppg during the 2019-20 season, which was Tyasha's senior season and her best season, at least offensively. Henderson was also 2nd on the team in assists per game to Harris. Hardly "sweep up duty"......
You notice what talesia Cooper just did right? She knows how the dice is starting to fall. Dawn plays her point guards the way she was played; one at a time. Dawn has had the luxury of having loaded teams especially with Allihah Boston or an Asia Wilson. She's not going to have that luxury this year or any time in the near future. She is going to have to put her best point guard on the court and play them often. These additional high ranked point guards are not going to get playing time. She's going to go with the one she trusts, ie, Raven Johnson and then have a backup for her. The backup will see the court this year, but in limited minutes. Kids nowadays aren't going to stay if they know it's going to take 3 years for them to get decent minutes. That's the problem Dawn has right now

Reactions: chuckiepoo
You notice what talesia Cooper just did right? She knows how the dice is starting to fall. Dawn plays her point guards the way she was played; one at a time. Dawn has had the luxury of having loaded teams especially with Allihah Boston or an Asia Wilson. She's not going to have that luxury this year or any time in the near future. She is going to have to put her best point guard on the court and play them often. These additional high ranked point guards are not going to get playing time. She's going to go with the one she trusts, ie, Raven Johnson and then have a backup for her. The backup will see the court this year, but in limited minutes. Kids nowadays aren't going to stay if they know it's going to take 3 years for them to get decent minutes. That's the problem Dawn has right now
Yeah, Saban has that same problem

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back