Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

They did play a soft schedule though ....
Do you really think that matters? A soft schedule is only meaningful if the team gets exposed when they play a good team; that hasn’t been the case with LSU. They’ve passed the eye test all season, even if they weren’t as good as SC.

They weren’t getting anything from Carson, Poa and Poole in that game. With Reese coming back in, they will really stretch Iowa’s defense even thinner.

I am not altogether certain I wouldn't start the second half with the team that was on the floor at the end of the first since they were crushing it.

Reactions: Amb3096
The ONLY negative (for me) to LSU winning the championship is how it will make Mulkey's recruiting job even easier. Ugh. Kellie is really, really, REALLY up against it now even more than before.
Exactly…I don’t really care who wins but as a Tennessee fan, LSU winning it all just makes it even tougher for us. We rarely recruit against Iowa for players.

LSU was coming up anyway already had the number one class in the nation recruited. She can choose any portal player she wants so they could even be the SEC favorites next season.

Do you really think that matters? A soft schedule is only meaningful if the team gets exposed when they play a good team; that hasn’t been the case with LSU. They’ve passed the eye test all season, even if they weren’t as good as SC.
... but it was the case with LSU.

They only played 2 ranked teams during the regular season. They beat Arkansas on December 29th and then played at South Carolina on February 12th ... and lost by 24 points. They have had a great tournament run, but there is no question that they benefitted from not having to play South Carolina - who they do not match up well with.

Your "eye test" must not include beating good teams in the regular season - or in the SEC Tournament.

I’m not necessarily as sure that LSU winning is terrible.

Not to say it’s good for us by any means.

But SC’s dynasty has become so unipolar.

Compare it to football, has UGA’s emergence against Bama been bad for UT?

Might not be good but not sure it’s bad

Got to pull for the SEC! We’ll get the players we need. Not worried.
Screw that. We don’t want to be recruiting against another national champion when we have enough trouble getting any high school players as it is now.

Reactions: TN1111
I was hopeful that it would be a close game. This win only help Mulkey/LSU with recruiting as if they needed any help.

VN Store

Back