Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Dawn seemed off the whole night to me. It seemed she rarely came off the bench. Meanwhile, I never saw Lisa sit down.
Kinda thought the same thing. Really passive.
I could not believe how CC could easily drive in for a lay up and how easily they executed the pick and roll for a wide open lay up. I will be interested to see how KM will defend that.

Never know who thought Iowa could beat SC no matter how many points Clark scored. You had to think they would shut everybody else down even if she scored 40.
I thought Dawn had so many good players that they would wear out the Iowa team who has a great few. That was as good a basketball game as I've seen-- men's or womens. Caitlin is an amazing athlete and they are very well coached.

I thought Dawn had so many good players that they would wear out the Iowa team who has a great few. That was as good a basketball game as I've seen-- men's or womens. Caitlin is an amazing athlete and they are very well coached.

Was their other guard hurt?

Kinda thought the same thing. Really passive.
I could not believe how CC could easily drive in for a lay up and how easily they executed the pick and roll for a wide open lay up. I will be interested to see how KM will defend that.

I wonder if Dawn wasn’t feeling well. It just seemed strange. I agree Iowa’s execution was something else! Clark was just unreal. It sure will be interesting to see Mulkey and Co. go up against Iowa. I don’t think they can pull it off, but I also didn’t think they could beat VT.

I wonder if Dawn wasn’t feeling well. It just seemed strange. I agree Iowa’s execution was something else! Clark was just unreal. It sure will be interesting to see Mulkey and Co. go up against Iowa. I don’t think they can pull it off, but I also didn’t think they could beat VT.

I thought the same. When Holly Rowe did the in-game interview with her, she seemed very nonchalant and in fact not very concerned at all. I was left wondering if she was just shell shocked or over confident they’d ultimately win the game?

Coaching malpractice by Dawn! No way she didn’t play Amihere more in the 2nd half after the 1st half she had, and the way Beal was getting cooked on defense and didn’t give them anything on offense.

Also went away from Cooke, trying to get Boston going!

Spot on not sure why Amihere as many are talking about why not start her and play more in the 2nd half. Beal was toast and her offense really hurt them. If you look inside the numbers Beal 1-9 from the field 3pts 1rb and played 35mins unacceptable and to me hurt them. Amihere 3-6 8pts 6rbs 5 offensive and only played 14mins

Spot on not sure why Amihere as many are talking about why not start her and play more in the 2nd half. Beal was toast and her offense really hurt them. If you look inside the numbers Beal 1-9 from the field 3pts 1rb and played 35mins unacceptable and to me hurt them. Amihere 3-6 8pts 6rbs 5 offensive and only played 14mins

Agree and Beal wasn’t effective defensively yesterday either. I was shocked, thought that would be a good head to head with her and Clark. Clark blew by her like she was standing still every time though.

Johnson did the best guarding Clark and she couldn’t stop her either. Fletcher couldn’t play at all because she absolutely couldn’t guard her.

Beal is a tough player but she really hurt them yesterday.

In general, Iowa came with a really good game plan. They were “mission focused” as coach Bluder kept saying and you could tell. Really impressed with their execution.

I would take Iowa too. Although if LSU wins this, Mulkey is amazing. Nine new players and the only impressive offensive talent is Morris and Reese primarily on put backs.
Reese is a great player, not just put backs and u forgot Johnson is good as well, the best freshman in the sec

Agree and Beal wasn’t effective defensively yesterday either. I was shocked, thought that would be a good head to head with her and Clark. Clark blew by her like she was standing still every time though.

Johnson did the best guarding Clark and she couldn’t stop her either. Fletcher couldn’t play at all because she absolutely couldn’t guard her.

Beal is a tough player but she really hurt them yesterday.

In general, Iowa came with a really good game plan. They were “mission focused” as coach Bluder kept saying and you could tell. Really impressed with their execution.
The thing about Clark is how she can pull up from 3 while on the run, that’s not easy to stop, she’s either gonna make or miss.

I would take Iowa too. Although if LSU wins this, Mulkey is amazing. Nine new players and the only impressive offensive talent is Morris and Reese primarily on put backs.
People forget about LSU's Williams, who has probably been their most efficient player throughout the tournament if you look across games and consider FG %

The thing about Clark is how she can pull up from 3 while on the run, that’s not easy to stop, she’s either gonna make or miss.

Well. Every shot is going to either be a make or a miss.

Bet you didn't know the team that scores the most points wins. And the team who scores less loses.

Reactions: glv98
People forget about LSU's Williams, who has probably been their most efficient player throughout the tournament if you look across games and consider FG %

Williams really stepped up her game late in the season. She’s a big reason they are in the championship game. Most of the season she had a tendency to disappear. She’s really been getting after it since the loss to us in the SEC tournament.

Well. Every shot is going to either be a make or a miss.

Bet you didn't know the team that scores the most points wins. And the team who scores less loses.
I bet u don’t know what you’re talking about, the point I was making when they was talking about players stopping her and I said it’s not easy because of the shots she takes. make sure u know what you’re talking about before u make your smart comments.

I bet u don’t know what you’re talking about, the point I was making when they was talking about players stopping her and I said it’s not easy because of the shots she takes. make sure u know what you’re talking about before u make your smart comments.
Dropped in from the Braves baseball thread. Pay no mind.

Reactions: DarkPhoenix
Spot on. Dawn coughed several times during her pregame interview and even had to stop and bend over and cough for a few seconds. That's no excuse and the last teams standing deserve to be there because they won their games. Clark is an amazing player and absolutely proved she was the MVP this season. We should be good moving forward. We just need a big girl and we need to get Feagin to stay in the fold. She is the only one I worry about hitting the portal. That said....we didn't do what we set out to do, so better luck next year....wow Clark is good...geez.....

Again, the lack of three seconds called on SC really bugs me. At times there were three players "camping out", just looking for a putback that hadn't been shot yet.
I think Zia Cooke has elevation on her shots that reminded me of Courtney Williams and Diamond DeShields. All of her shots have significant elevation.

Thought I wanted Iowa to win. But, really love the SC girls. Boston, Amihere and Zia Cooke just seem like such good ladies. Boston just seems like the den mother for them. Really wanna wish them the best. The W needs them, but if they wanna come back next year and completely dominate all of BB then I want them to succeed.

Thought I wanted Iowa to win. But, really love the SC girls. Boston, Amihere and Zia Cooke just seem like such good ladies. Boston just seems like the den mother for them. Really wanna wish them the best. The W needs them, but if they wanna come back next year and completely dominate all of BB then I want them to succeed.
Boston is a class act and great player. I’ve always enjoyed her interviews.

VN Store

Back