Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Saw that! Don't know what the on court "churping" was, but this isn't cool. HVL was pretty chill about it in the pressor.

Seems like things got away from ole Vic a few times this season.

True

Van Lith: "I don't want to speak about what happened at the end because I don't want to dim down the fact that we played really well. I have all the respect in the world for Texas. No hard feelings. ... At the end of the day I'm going to let it go."

Saw that! Don't know what the on court "churping" was, but this isn't cool. HVL was pretty chill about it in the pressor.

Seems like things got away from ole Vic a few times this season.

Yeah he doesn’t have a handle on that team at all right now.

They have been fighting with each other a lot lately. Then called each other out in a presser a few weeks ago. Their chemistry was awful during the Big 12 tournament and Vic looked tired and frustrated.

I still can’t believe he was named coach of the year in the Big 12. Should 100% have gone to Jennie Baranczyk or Jacie Hoyt. They both took programs that have struggled and brought them back into the conversation.

I was especially impressed with the job Hoyt did in her first season at OSU. She is one to watch. They landed Hannah Gusters out of the portal, if they can get her back in shape they will be a very tough team in the next season or two.

Last edited:
The ESPN clips of Jennie Baranczyk's eight-year-old daughter during the game agaibst UCLA are priceless. Fierce and super-competitive. Hope someone can post the short in-game compilation post (Google Baranczyk daughter ESPN). They'll make you smile but also wish we had more fans like her.

Speaking of fired-up gamers, did you see Teonni Key instructing her teammates during a late time out in NC's last game? All eyes were on her in the sideline huddle and the players were listening intently to every word even though Teonni wasn't even in the game at the time and is an underclassman. Great leadership. Announcers repeatedly referred to her as "Tamari Key's little sister" and mentioned Tennessee. Good advertising.

Probably a flip off response to the Kellie-haters who have irrationally rushed from one alternative to another. Not a knock on the coaches per se, but just shutting up the trolls.
You don’t go at a former lady vol to prove that point at the end of the day. It’s nonsense. And like I stated earlier, look at how long kellie has been coaching compared to Kara so she should be ahead of her.

FrwWDlgWYAAUibh
Down to 4 players ?

Big 12 with ZERO teams in the sweet 16

Rough year for them. They have never been the strongest but down compared to usual.

Baylor was the only game in town in the Big 12 for years. The only lost 9 Big 12 games from 2010-11 through 2020-21. Mulkey is a talented coach but that league wasn’t tough.

Occasionally Texas would have a decent team or Iowa State but Texas never had the coaching to get much done and Iowa State never had the players to get much done.

Last edited:
Anybody but Clark. Please. It bugs the bejesus out of me how often she throws her arms up to urge the already-frenzied fans into showing their appreciation for the shot she just drained. Once or twice a game if the crowd really does need to get more into it it to help the team, sure. But Iowa fans are some of the greatest in the game and are ALWAYS loud and supportive. The fact that Clark can never get enough adulation from them seems obnoxious to me.

The ESPN clips of Jennie Baranczyk's eight-year-old daughter during the game agaibst UCLA are priceless. Fierce and super-competitive. Hope someone can post the short in-game compilation post (Google Baranczyk daughter ESPN). They'll make you smile but also wish we had more fans like her.

Speaking of fired-up gamers, did you see Teonni Key instructing her teammates during a late time out in NC's last game? All eyes were on her in the sideline huddle and the players were listening intently to every word even though Teonni wasn't even in the game at the time and is an underclassman. Great leadership. Announcers repeatedly referred to her as "Tamari Key's little sister" and mentioned Tennessee. Good advertising.

If only if only, Teonni would come to TN.

Someone is going to have to explain it to me how Haley Jones is an AA but RK and Jordy are not!!
jones did not 100% brink. old miss key on her. when a team depends on two player better hope both ok. jones tryed to score some inside but she has good jumper. stanford did what alot kellie bashers say get all american freshmen more mins. when the big red head girl has played good when i watch them play. even three champ coaches make istakes. brink not practing for seven days still getting over what they said non covid illness . old miss push and hand check brink to wear her out.. if brink played for unconn or new refs fav team south caroline every time old miss hard hand checkin would been called. I know stanford call calls vs tenn. but when stanford plays unconn or south caroline stanford gets less calls. south caroline and unconn get most calls of any team . then there 2 bunch get calls sometimes. then tenn luckly when refs go it even. not saying old miss got calls refs let big girls play they called it pretty even. just be nice if refs would contact evenly same all the time no matter teams on the court. do not watch much mens game but when i do i think they have better refs. could be they paid them more if i not mistaking.

Duke had less than 2K for their game last night. Every other university doubled that.

I do wonder what is going on down there. I know Kara is Kara and not a schmoozer, but she'd better try to learn to be else those numbers will remain embarrassingly low. And that could impact future recruiting.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I do wonder what is going on down there. I know Kara is Kara and not a schmoozer, but she'd better try to learn to be else those numbers will remain embarrassingly low. And that could impact future recruiting.
Not one Cameron Crazie in sight.. as much as I hated Duke back in the day, I loved their fanbase support.

UT will beat VT.

Unfortunately, I cannot see UT beating Uconn this year. Hope I am dead wrong there, but I give their backcourt a big advantage esp with Fudd, and I think they win the paint war also with Edwards and Dorka. Jackson will light them up, but this is the type game where they just have more shooters. Uconn is way more athletic than given credit for, they are a strong candidate to topple SC if that game comes to fruition, it would be close imo. The current versions of UCLA and MD give me much angst as well. Iowa and LSU/Utah give me no worry.

Would love to be wrong on UT/Uconn as you all know.

The fact i
Not one Cameron Crazie in sight.. as much as I hated Duke back in the day, I loved their fanbase support.
The fact is that the traditional ACC teams never have done well in supporting their women's basketball despite drawing tremendous support for their men's teams. When UNC used to host the first rounds, every year they would have the smallest attendance among all the hosts. Support is not much better at the other schools. NC State did draw better this year than probably any of the traditional teams have, but still that just meant sometimes selling out their 6000+ seat arena. Duke in their heyday often drew just 3 to 4,000 except for big games. I do agree even by the low ACC standards that that was a pitiful crowd a Duke this year. I doubt if their offense helped draw people in. Interestingly, the school that do draw better such as Louisville and Notre Dame are the new additions to the conference,

FrwWDlgWYAAUibh
Down to 4 players ?
Has to be Clark, has to be. Boston accepted a role this year, so she is out and only Seigrist comes close in overall production, but it’s still Clark in a landslide. I’d still build my team with Boston though if I had to choose. Watch Boston in the WNBA, she will be a 20/10 post player with top notch defense and leadership.

Last edited:
Reactions: chuckiepoo
UT will beat VT.

Unfortunately, I cannot see UT beating Uconn this year. Hope I am dead wrong there, but I give their backcourt a big advantage esp with Fudd, and I think they win the paint war also with Edwards and Dorka. Jackson will light them up, but this is the type game where they just have more shooters. Uconn is way more athletic than given credit for, they are a strong candidate to topple SC if that game comes to fruition, it would be close imo. The current versions of UCLA and MD give me much angst as well. Iowa and LSU/Utah give me no worry.

Would love to be wrong on UT/Uconn as you all know.

It would take a helluva performance by our Lady Vols to win, for sure. They are terrific passers and movers without the ball, and can get open for threes in a hurry. Like seemingly EVERY DAMN TIME we play them, they have the best shooting nights of the season against us, so, yeah, that's always a concern.

Also, I would be going nuts watching all of CT's obvious holding and arm-hooking and arm-barring and illegal screens going unnoticed by the officials, no doubt. I wish to gawd Kellie would have a chat with officials prior to the game to ask them to keep an eye on those things.

But all that may not even happen. We have to beat a No.1 seed with a top 4 finalist for the Naismith Award to get a shot at 'em. What a weekend it's going to be! Sure wish I were going to be in Seattle to support our team.

VN Store

Back