Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

I agree Reese will get hers but will need to work really hard to get hers. Hear is the problem LSU and others face when going up against SC. There bench and the talent on the bench. Trying to deal with 6-7 Cardoso 6-4 Amihere, 6-3 Watkins 6-4 Feagin and to add and she is getting more reps and comfortable with the system Dawn said and is really talented 6-2 6-3 C.Kitts the staff said she is 6-3. The bench is just not easy to play against.
I agree that Angel will get hers, but all of the stuff you noted regarding SC's frontline is why I also added that her shooting percentage will be not so good. No way she hits her FG% average against that lineup.

I said it when she first committed and I’ll say it again, Cardoso is the X-Factor when it comes to South Carolina. Having that kinda of size, with skill, paired along side or coming in for Boston is too much to handle for almost every team in America aside from Stanford. She reminds me of a better version of Kelly Cain.
There was a moment in the Arkansas game where Barnum had Cardoso guarding her and she pump faked a 3. Kamilla bit and jumped in the air for the block, allowing Barnum to drive by her and pull up for an open short jumper...until Kamilla came up and blocked her from behind. Poor Barnum...you could just see her shoulders drop and must've been thinking, "What more can I do?!? I did everything right!"

327224557_910262807085362_5942885408969896808_n.jpg

There was a moment in the Arkansas game where Barnum had Cardoso guarding her and she pump faked a 3. Kamilla bit and jumped in the air for the block, allowing Barnum to drive by her and pull up for an open short jumper...until Kamilla came up and blocked her from behind. Poor Barnum...you could just see her shoulders drop and must've been thinking, "What more can I do?!? I did everything right!"
I think next season when Cardoso is a starter her numbers will be huge, she is averaging close to a double double currently with less than 20 min per game. She grabbed 16 boards in 15 minutes last game, she is pretty damned good, but she does not have the mid range game Boston does, so she has work to do.

Hoosier, that IU team is firing on all cylinders with Berger back now. I love watching them play. Holmes is playing at an elite level right now. Great team. I think they take down OSU on Thursday night….

Hopefully not, I despise everything IU

But who do you redshirt ?
I’m talking about Bueckers, Fudd and Ducharme all possibly taking this year as a redshirt. Especially if all of them planning on playing 4 years. So two more years of Bueckers and 3 years of Fudd starting next year. Shade won’t be seeing much playing time for at least 2 years. I guess it’s not so different from the situation SC has with their post bench.

Reactions: djtee
I’m talking about Bueckers, Fudd and Ducharme all possibly taking this year as a redshirt. Especially if all of them planning on playing 4 years. So two more years of Bueckers and 3 years of Fudd starting next year. Shade won’t be seeing much playing time for at least 2 years. I guess it’s not so different from the situation SC has with their post bench.
Amb, I believe Fudd (and Ducharme) has played too many games for the red shirt….for some reason I think the most that can be played is 5. Of course a player can always apply for a medical redshirt.

Amb, I believe Fudd (and Ducharme) has played too many games for the red shirt….for some reason I think the most that can be played is 5. Of course a player can always apply for a medical redshirt.
I didn't realize Caroline played so many games. I thought the cutoff was 1/3 of regular season games., which would however make Fudd still eligible.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Azzi, Van Lith on list, Jackson not. List has zero credibility.

It doesn't matter anyway. It's going to be Boston, or Reese if LSU goes farther than SC.

Yeah, Van Lith is the big head scratcher for me.

Walls billed her as some sort of competitor to Bueckers but it’s just not giving what they think it’s giving. She’s not terribly athletic and physically she’s just average, not a great leaper, not overly fast, no length. She has a nice mid range shot but otherwise 🤷🏼‍♂️.

She’s only 25% from deep and in this day and age that just doesn’t cut it. Sorry, but you can’t call yourself elite at 5’7” shooting 24% from 3.

Same ranking and record leaves Horston on. Not that I'm not happy about that, but leaving off Jackson for alot of those players is nuts.

To be honest, I wouldn't have been surprised if they had lefy Horston off for the same reason. But I agree with your opinion about Jackson's omission.

Azzi, Van Lith on list, Jackson not. List has zero credibility.

It doesn't matter anyway. It's going to be Boston, or Reese if LSU goes farther than SC.
I don't have a huge problem with Van Lith. 20+ ppg and 43% shooting isn't terrible. But there are probably better options out there...just can't name them off the top of my head.

Fudd makes zero sense if only because she missed so much of the season.

In addition to NPOY, I think this is the list that will also determine the All-American Teams (last 10 players standing).

I don't have a huge problem with Van Lith. 20+ ppg and 43% shooting isn't terrible. But there are probably better options out there...just can't name them off the top of my head.

Fudd makes zero sense if only because she missed so much of the season.

In addition to NPOY, I think this is the list that will also determine the All-American Teams (last 10 players standing).

5’7” and 24% from 3. No thanks.

VN Store

Back